What OS are you currently using right now?

What OS are you currently using right now?

I've been using Antergos Linux for a week and I've been liking it so far.

Install Gentoo

Windows 8.1
fuckin' fight me

Arch. I've set it up just how I like it. No complaints here in any regard.

Win10
what's up

Hows the ATI drivers? ati?
Hows Steam?

Windows 10.

Gentoo and Windows 8.1

welp thats it.

I've been using antergos for like 2 months now, and I like it, because I love arch package managing and the AUR, but I don't see myself choosing just every part of the system with Arch. (Tried to install it, but as soon as I installed gnome, I couldn't open the terminal so I couldnt check what was wrong with the terminal)

BUT, as says, ATI drivers, and video drivers in general have been behaving like shit for me:

>xf86-video-ati incapable to initialize shaders, so any 3D game wont work
>xf86-video-intel hangs on boot, with inconsistent kernel log.
>frglx hangs at boot, also with incinsistents logs, or not finding a valid display, plus enjoy your xorg downgrading to v16

Xorg ati video driver inconsistencies are not antergos fault, but xorg configuration errors for everything else may be.

However, they are a very open community, and if you solve a problem on your own, they accept pull requests pretty quickly.
They have an active forum and all, and people go along well.

If you happened to install it on a quite simple computer, with no hassle. Go with it. It will serve you well.

>Antergos
Faggot
Refer to

Been using Gentoo for four years and it's great. No memes involved here.

Mint 18, installed the beta when it came out.

Windows 7. Downgraded from Windows 10 cos I missed Aero

Rude.

any ubuntu's?

That's the price you pay for unabridged faggotry

Windows 10. I always laugh when I see these threads and see just how many people bought into the "Linux is good" meme.

Bunch of fucking cucks desu

What, rudeness? Do you kiss your mama with that mouth?

>Cuck
>Uses w10
Go back to Sup Forums bootlicking faggot

I'm sorry that you use something so unenlightened but you must pay the price for it
This could be avoided by using a distro as remarkable as gentoo

I've been using Windows 10 after using Linux for a couple of years and I've come to the realization that life happens outside of the computer. It doesn't really matter what OS you use, but what you use it for.

But why do you care so much to the point that you are being so rude to a random stranger?

Linux is fucking trash for anything other than server use.

Are you new here?

>2016
>still debating about best linux distro.
Linux distros is all about choices! Especially when snap is released, you can have a main repo for all distos. If you dont like a distro fine, but dont become such annoying runts

spoken like a true lintard.

>le

At least not like a GNU muh proprietary software/noobuntu is bloated/Arch REEEEE basement dweller

guess

Arch

Microsoft Windows 10

Debian Testing w/ Gnome

Same.

I love pamac for making it dead simple to install and update AUR packages.
Why standard Arch doesn't have something like that?

Same on my main machine
Also giving DeepOS a try on one machine and working on Gentoo on another(fell for the meme)

kys

That's an upgrade not downgrade

GNU/Linux Manjaro

I use the open source drivers, no complaints. Can't really talk about the proprietary ones, haven't used them. Same goes for Steam, I don't use it so I can't say anything about it, good or bad. I'm assuming neither is working very well on Arch, but fortunately (for me), I don't use them so I'm still okay. I hope we'll see improvements in the future if it's a legitimate issue for other people.

yeah same here. Antergos + cinnamon

Debian Stable

I can't tell but...
Is Manjaro a meme? Cuz I've been using it for a while and am pretty self conscious about it.

Linux is a meme. Why aren't you using Windows 7 you hipster fuck?

I dual boot it m8

Because the AUR is user supported so using AUR helpers without understanding what is going on with PKGBUILDS is potentially dangerous for your system.

Isn't that what the rating system is for?

Ratings, comments, and looking at the PKGBUILDS all help improve your security. Nothing supplements looking at the PKGBUILDS, though.

Zooboontoo

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

a good OS just needs to stay out of the way

Arch and Windows 10 for games.
My current Arch setup "just works"
Never had any problem with it.
Windows 10 install is bloated because i had to lent my notebook to my parents a while ago and they fucking ruined everything, but i'm too lazy to re-install everything.

>acer
I don't care. Buy a real laptop.

wew
I didnt expect it last for 5 years though