Do you see any short circuits, Sup Forums?

Do you see any short circuits, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Xanr4jkmEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the one in your brain that persuaded you to post this thread

yeah, one right next to the SMPS chip

So what fans are you pitting on that morpheus?

I slapped on this aftermarket cooler, worked fine, then shut down. Bios post code is b2, which is a VGA card error. I assumed something moved around in here. Does thermal grease / adhesive conduct electricity?

This? I think that was dust. Unless you were talking about another location...

It can, depends on the brand

There's one on the Db9 multiplexer bypass

I did my troubleshooting and I have confirmed that it's this cards fault. Computer works fine on integrated graphics without it. I tested it on a different build, and that one won't boot either.

Try resetting the flux coils

:^)

>Does thermal grease / adhesive conduct electricity?
get a goddamned multimeter and figure out you mouth-breathing mongoloid

I think I'll slap on the heatsinks, put the cooler on, and see what happens.

>hey Sup Forums, here is a complex 10+ layer piece of engineering technology can you find out whats wrong with it from this shitty single grainy as fuck picture
fuck off

Answer: no

see

If its shorted that might just ruin the card completely, do as user says and get a multimeter

why did y ou censor all of your capacitors op?

You didn't need to black out your capacitors. We aren't go to dox you from those.

also no. I'll check that the heatsinks are good, and try it out now.

If it's shorted now, then I already had it on. The computer was running when the card quit.

No nudity on Sup Forums, right? Gotta keep it clean.

I could try running the card right now, without a cooler.. then I'd know if it was the cooler that was shorting it... Or is that just a really bad idea.

>AMD

Found the problem.

I ran the card as is (no cooler) and still, no results. Fuck.

>I ran the card as is (no cooler) and still, no results.
No shit retard the processing unit of the chip probably heated up to a gorillion degrees instantly and then shut off so it didn't catch on fire

As someone who once improperly secured a heatsink to a 290x (didn't make contact with the due but the fans were spinning so there was some sort of cooling) I can tell you the card will thermally shutdown inside of 2 minutes

The reason the card died in the first place is because it wasn't cooled properly. You didn't tighten down the heatsink enough or somehow fucked up the thermal paste application.

Looks like one of the outputs is burnt

Just use the diode test, the beeping is much more fun

I've powered on a GPU with no heatsink (570) and it near-instantly failed

I had it running for only 7 seconds.

That could be. The card had a slight wobble to it, but the temps never got too high. I did a furmark test and it was all below 80C.

:^)

This guy gets it

I'll try again with everything attached. Give me a minute.

I think we're good to go.

That doesn't have a heatsink for vrm1 does it? Good luck trying to overclock.

you destroyed your card. probably bridged some connection that isn't supposed to with thermal paste.

next time buy a gpu that doesn't draw 400w so you don't need a beefy cooler on it. my 970 has the meme acx 2.0 cooler with two heat pipes and still keeps the card under 60c.

Still not working...

bake it.

I think you need to install gentooplusgnu on it.
Should help.

You dun goofed by sticking that cooler on it OP.
Always stick with the cooler that's on it unless you're putting under water. If it was a reference card, should have stuck out the time and money to get an AIB card that would comfortably run with an OC.

That also refer to the board rules

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

This kind of shit if anywhere belongs in >>/sqt/

Now fuck off

Well that's $320 down the drain. RIP R9 290 2013-2016. Should I get a 1060? I don't play that many games now, so all I want is something fucking quiet.
Perhaps I could find a board without a cooler and see if i can slap this thing in there.
What does Sup Forums do with broken graphics cards?
?
Gentoo is my main os.
Gentoo fucking broke my card.
I had a reference blower style cooler on it. Sounded like a fucking jet engine at 50%. My case was actually moving when it hit 100%. I should have saved up, you're right, but I was a wee lad and had no fucking idea how coolers work.

>Bake it
This guy was actually serious.
Put it into the over for a minute.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Xanr4jkmEc

Just don't go AMD ever again.

This is retarded. That doesn't fix the card. It has a potential of reviving the card for a few weeks if you're lucky.

Baking only works to reflow the solder - if something has shorted you are probably fucked.

Baking doesn't reflow solder. You need way higher temps to reflow solder than you'll ever get from baking. At that point you can say bye to any plastic parts on the board.

It's shorted out. Baking computer parts is always fucking retarded anyway and is never a proper fix and only makes it harder/impossible to get it properly fixed by professionals

Just RMA it and say it was DOA. Worked fine when I accidentally fried my GPU via misapplied waterblock.

>just lie and steal

AMDfags everyone.

Works for Nvidia.

If the CIA could send monkies into space with half the computing power of a Motorola 68000, you faggots can also cure cancer

>AMD products already cheap as fuck
>still need to steal it
AMDfags = literal niggers

Warranty is so fucking void, though.

A) Got it off eBay
B) Opened it up multiple times
C) Overclocked a shit ton

Doesn't matter, give it a try. I literally did the same to my card.

I use an nvidia GPU

I'll just say I got it right off of eBay. Can't hurt. Thanks for the suggestion!

What brand was your GPU? Gigabyte? MSI?

The one that died was a Sapphire HD 4870. (I got a Sapphire 4890 as a replacement, which I ended up using for quite a while)

Alright. I was wondering how smooth the rma process would be if we had the same brands. I have/had a Gigabyte 290.

Is this an internal modem?

Yep