Did you get a job at the big four yet Sup Forums?

did you get a job at the big four yet Sup Forums?

No but Amazon is hiring in my city and my 401k just vested. Should I go for it bro's?

Almost. It depends on what you go by, but In terms of revenue Salesforce is about to be #4.

why is amazon considered the big four and not something like samsung or apple?

Not software companies

Amazon isn't a software company either.

facebook is sliding into irrelevancy, so they don't really count as "big" anymore.

[citation needed]

this
Facebook is in survival mode atm. Purchasing whatever the new cool thing is to try to keep it afloat. Its only a matter of time before something better overtakes it.

Kek

Microsoft is also pretty much dead after the Windows 10 and Nokia fiascos

not as dead as facebook tho

No. Instead I work for AT&T

sure you do

Yeah, this is obviously fake.

What the fuck? You think having 1 trillion normies post ebin memes on your site counts as dead?

my condolences. go and work for a competent communications company with a future (e.g. Verizon) before you go bragging next time.

Calm the fuck down, no need to prove yourself to Internet strangers you insecure piece of shit

it's just a matter of time. the next generation will see facebook as old-fashioned, for old people. they'll chose other services to socialize. this is why is right

Got past the first interview at Google now they want me to interview on sight at one of their campuses. Wish me luck Sup Forumsuys.

Which one is the biggest?

delusional syndrome

google, and apple should be there instead of facebook

gl fampai you're almost hired desu

>did you get a job at the big four yet Sup Forums?

Two of four, actually...
> Microsoft
> Amazon

For the most part, the influential hip millennial normies have moved from facebook to instagram and snapchat. Yes instagram is owned by facebook, but people's attention spans shift quick.

good luck mate, you mind me asking what your background is

Sup Forums - "technology"

for "technology discussion"

Not delusional at all to state what's currently going on.
Ha we'll see, I have 5 total interviews that I need to do while I'm at their campus. So I have a lot of work to do.
I'm a software engineer. There's really nothing special about me I'm pretty sure a lot of people are being contacted for positions at Google due to a recent expansion at the campus I'm applying to.

Meant to reply to you with

Sup Forumsoodluck!

Working at google seems like it would be a meme experience

yes

Didn't even think about aiming for one. Why should I? CV pimping?

Amazon is about to buy the software I develop to help with one of their solutions. Not as good as working there but close enough.

If they don't lay anyone off you might see a big pay raise. I know a friend's start up got bought by Google and next thing you know his salary became 6 figures.

Yep AWS

What kind of software is it, is it just the software they're buying or your company

Is getting a job at microsoft that big deal?
I live in WA, and all kinds of people work there. I don't know of anyone struggling to get work there.
Maybe that's because I live in WA, though, I don't know.

Not that I would complain though, but where I come from No. 1 goto companies are Daimler, Porsche and Bosch.

The software, they wouldn't need the whole company I'd think. It's to assist with their AS2 from what I last heard.

Do you accept Nokia?

how does that prove you don't work at the mall kiosk?

just put your resume in linkedin and their recruiters will harass every month, although I'm not sure why anyone would want to work for them when you can do almost the same amount of money in any stupid startup AND working half as hard

Surely that can't be a stock image.
I mean fucking seriously?

Keep telling yourself that

i don't work in the tech industry; but i own stock in 3 of these companies.

>google, and apple should be there instead of facebook
apple does not make a whole lot of software sorry to break this to you

amazon is fucking shit, you work like a beaner and you dont even have Prime.

Hi, AT&T has a very strict policy about photographing official identification badges. I've forwarded this photo over to the security department, they will be checking over all ID cards with an expiration date of the 27, 2018 and will be in contact with you once a match to the photo is found.

The tech industry, especially startups are downright cringeworthy to work for. Completely unprofessional culture that highly emphasizes most coders are nothing more than easily replaceable monkeys.

>not just analyzing the thumb print

Okay, buddy

The big four is typically Apple, Google, Facebook and Amazon. Nobody outside of Redmond views Microsoft as part of the big four and none of the top talent works or wants to work at Microsoft.

Are you a total moron? Microsoft was the biggest company in the world for a number of years, and certainly the biggest software company. Lately it's been in decline but it's still huge.

The "big four" has a specific meaning you fucking retard. Anyone that considers Microsoft part of the big four doesn't live in SV or work for any of the aforementioned companies.

You're irrelevant so keep your mouth shut.

Amazon
Big four
Green arrows

>you work like a beaner
Current amazon box packer checking in: easiest job I've ever had. Pay and benefits are pretty good for the responsibility level. Practically endless opportunities for advancement too.

Facebook is a terrible company though. It's just a bunch of autistic ivy league faggots. Amazon is also apparently a horrible place. Google is based from what I have heard though.

>warehouse work
>for fucking amazon of all companies
>easy

Shill spotted.

Just accepted Google offer a few weeks ago.

Amazon shill detected. No one would ever want to work for Amazon over MS.

amazon has dickloads of warehouse jobs available all over the country you goofball. what part of his post would possibly point to being a shill because none of the stuff you quoted is.

Amazon treats both their warehouse workers and programmers as slaves.

You did shitty wiring for my U-verse installation. Thanks for the free switch though.

>apple
>not software

I work for Amazon web services, ama.

Also, sell your shares.

Everyone knows that the tech bubble is about to pop. If you're a new hire a big firm or an employee at a startup I would not get too comfortable. All that VC money is about to dry up real fast.

IDK anything about corporate performance metrics, but making rate while making sure the customer gets good items in my FC is easy.

What about their OS, stock programs\Apps and media player clients?

Where is Apple?

Apple doesn't get as much press because they generally do not hire millennial compsci graduates straight out of college like the top 4 do. Boomers are fucking stupid man.

>sell your shares
Why? It seems like everyone I talk to has a Prime subscription now, and everyone already knows that Amazon's profit margins mean literally nothing.

This. Apple tends to steal programmers from the others after they get a few years of experience. They've recently grabbed a few compiler and system programmers from Google including Slava Pestov.

>hmm maybe he's right
>check other sources using this thing called internet
>thousands of people complaining saying its like a vietnamese Nike sweatshop and the pay and benefits are dog shit

Ayy

>chinkinese phone company
>homosexual sex toy company
Why would they be considered a software company?

>also, sell your shares
Reported to the SEC

>implying that there's anything wrong with hiring compsci graduates straight out of college, especially if they're skilled
you butthurt you couldn't make it past the phone screening or something?

I agree with you. I was implying that Apple is run by moronic boomers who don't want to train anybody.

No, life is suffering

But USPS has god-tier benefits though.

True, but I feel like I'm wasting my life away in a boring, secure, mostly easy job working with people who have zero passion for technology. I couldn't give two shits about mail and it is slowly crushing my soul.

No I work for pic related. I guess you could call it the big four of shitass poo in loo companies

>implying I would be slave to these cuck corporations

>working for Amazon

how about no?

Contribute to open source software faggot

>hey fellow californians which one of these local companies do you work for?

you are on the world wide web fucktard

Plan on hoping on the amazon web services train once the current start up I work for gets bought out. I'm very well versed with many of their services so I think I've got a decent shot.

>Not knowing AWS generates 7.8billion dollars a year.
Seriously, do you live under a rock or are you a 12 year old fagot who has no business on this board? Everyone uses AWS now.

rekt. I hope proving how cool he was on Sup Forums was worth it lmao

i remember when amazon was considered unprofitable and a borderline charity organization lmao

as late as 2014, too

wanting to work for a company you'll burn out at in 3 years. is getting into facebook going to help you achieve happiness

>Wanting to work for Amazon
Literally a wage-slave
>Wanting to work for Google
They treat their employees like stupid children.
Great benefits, but a lot of bullshit.

>Wanting to work for Microsoft
Nadella is all hype and no courage.

>Facebook
Only company I would work for out of the four.
They seem to really trust their employees and use a diverse ecosystem so everyone can contribute in some way.
They have a lot of respect for their legacy codebase.

I've been at Google for almost four years. It's still very comfy, but it loses its magic after a while.

Microsoft
>dead
Not for many moons

>They have a lot of respect for their legacy codebase.
As in, they revere it so highly that they're afraid to touch it?

Yes and no.
Instead of replacing PHP, they made it better.
Instead of replacing MySQL, they made it better.

They, as a group, are very mature.

They talk about improving compilers a lot.
They talk about immutability a lot.
They talk about static analysis a lot.

They often ask they can make their existing code/builds better, while google is very much flavor of the month, and never commit to anything.

Also, Google still uses fucking Perforce. Like what the fuck?

No. I work for NASA. Everyone is our bitch.

No. Amazon is awful to work for.

>Google still uses fucking Perforce
Google hasn't used Perforce for a long time. They use a custom system inspired by Perforce, and there's a git frontend for it if that's your thing.

I've worked on static analysis at Google, and the tools are pretty sweet. When you implement a check, you can just take 3000 machines to run on all company Java code in about 30 minutes. Too bad it's not a bigger push.

Used to, not anymore.

I work for a small startup, i work less, get paid more, work under much less stress and i get to feel important, not "one more"

Replace the Microsoft square with Apple and I'll take you seriously. 1.) Google 2.) Apple 3.) Facebook 4.) Amazon