So the Sapphire Nitro is probably the one to go with now right...

So the Sapphire Nitro is probably the one to go with now right? Especially since AMD already fixed the draw and improved performance.
wccftech.com/amds-rx-480-driver-boosts-performance-reduces-power-crimson-1671/

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/62059/asus-msi-gigabyte-powercolor-and-sapphire-custom-radeon-rx-480-pictured
twitter.com/amadakokoro/media
videocardz.com/62101/more-pictures-of-custom-radeon-rx-480-graphics-cards-emerge
youtube.com/watch?v=CdWM7eQZnNc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Desperation bump

I'm only picking it over the other models because of the easy-to-clean and replace fans.

there's gonna be a second model, maybe with 3 fans.

Yes and the PCB will be different than the Reference so that should give you more assurance about the power draw thing thats not even an issue. What you're looking at is better cooling and better components with the Nitro.

Nice

>wccftech
designated indian forums

how much wil it cost fa.m??

I really like the Powercolor design of the 480

are they going to make a dual gpu 480?

I think so but this one is with a single gpu

>mfw my powercolor 390x fans never worked
Yay 12cm casefans to the rescue.

runs quiet as fuck all the time only 65 degrees max temp

I have zero problems with my 390 pcs+. Getting comfy 76 degrees under load with my custom fan profile and a slight oc of 1130mhz core/+20mV

Powercolor is the rising star in the AMD aftermarket isn't it? I keep hearing about them after th 200 series and how their coolers are pretty good. The initial issue was the noise, but they probably fixed that later on.

>Three Display Ports
Fuck yes. What the hell is with these variants that have more than 1 HDMI port anyway?

videocardz.com/62059/asus-msi-gigabyte-powercolor-and-sapphire-custom-radeon-rx-480-pictured

Gigabyte, Sapphire or Powercolor one looks cool, I can't trust XFX after owning shitty xfx gpu's and them shitting on me 6 months later.

What will be the prices of these aftermarket cards? I'm considering slapping a CLC on mine anyway so I'm tempted to get a basic one now.

psst, nothing personnel kid

I think you meant "personal".

look at the older gen equivalents of that model compared to their reference cards, that might give you an idea

there's no way to tell until sapphire tells us themselves though

>he doesn't know every obscure meme
you know what, that's actually a good thing

Most of them will probably be $270+ USD, but based on what a Sapphire rep said in a stream, the 480 Nitro shouldn't be too expensive. Expect that one to be $250-$270.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Sounds like you were """"just pretending to be retarded"""".

Those are some aggressive looking fans.

I don't think I can fit that gpu in my Fractal Design R2.

Will probably go with the Nitro cause of that.

Rumour is the RX 490 is a dual-PCB

So when does the NDA lift for GTX 1060 reviews so we can get some actual comparisons?

I'd love a card with two HDMI ports, but they're rare. My Dell monitor's DisplayPort support is so fucking bad. It behaves much better when hooked up via HDMI, but I need the HDMI port for the TV I have hooked up as a second monitor for muh gaymes.

my immediate rebuttal is "no I was being a memelord" but you know what, I think I'd rather appear as illiterate...

>fan service

Sapphire should hire Sapphira A from met-art and provide a lot of fan service.

>fan service
>still no cute anime grills on gpu's

You're a newfag. Go stand in the corner and be ashamed.

How come there are no other sites to pre-order in EU this card yet but only overclockers?
While the price itself it pretty good i could save a lot if i could buy it for the same price but in euro.

twitter.com/amadakokoro/media

>wccftech

videocardz.com/62101/more-pictures-of-custom-radeon-rx-480-graphics-cards-emerge

Don't buy a reference 1060. It's just gonna burn.

Why?
It uses less power than a 480(the 1070 already does) so it shouldn't have troubles.

980 or 480?

So when are these custom cards being released?

Looks really underpowered even if it really 120W.
Uneven power will break your GPU, user.

>Uneven power will break your GPU, user.

So people should avoid the 480, got it.

I was looking to get a new graphics card (currently have a GTX 650) but I know absolutely nothing about them and all I can find it shilling and/or shitposting about Nvidia and AMD.
What are some good alternatives? Needn't be brand new or super high-end.

If anything, RX 480 reference design has very high power margin for its components.
Which translate in longevity.
1060 pcb looks like barely enough for higher price.

I only came here to laugh at you and let everyone know that I laughed at you.
kek
e
k

980 desu. the 480 is on par with the 970 in most cases, if not a bit better.

Just for uneducated anons.
Just counting the condensators and ships on the card should inform you on :
1) the actual price of the card
2) the life expectancy of the product.

1060 are gonna last a year at most.

Anybody who recommends buying an old Nvidia card is an absolute fucking retard or a paid shill. No exceptions. They drop their previous series like it's hot when a new one arrives, and the performance in newer titles is garbage as a result. I got rid of my 780 last week, which performed like a 970 in older games, yet was closer to a 960 in many newer ones. It'll be the exact same fucking thing with Maxwell.

Fuck you, Pajeet. At least recommend the 1060 instead of trying to completely waste people's money.

>RX-480
Shills pls go.

he only asked about the 480 or the 980, just gave a short answer. any newer nvidia card he could afford would be better of course, that goes without saying.

and about the 780, well, i don't think it would last long anyway. if a person doesn't mind playing in 1080p, a 970 should suffice for a couple years for now.

he wont be able any of the new dx12 games even rotr on the latest update dropped support on maxwell cards..

My 670 runs new games on ultra to high stay mad shill:)

you mean emulators and such right?maybe even cs 1.6

Sapphire cards are the only cards I've had fans fail on

i don't know what you're talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=CdWM7eQZnNc

try doing that on doom or ROTR and post results.

kinda hard to drop support on dx11 mate...
i was talking of dx12
both rotr and total warhammer doesnt have support for maxwell cards anymore

I have a 670 and I can tell you for certain he's full of shit.

Aftermarket 480s are going to be a thing of beauty