Consumes more power than the 1070

>consumes more power than the 1070
>still performs worse
At least you can use your 480 to cook some eggs on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

3dmark.com/compare/fs/9202637/fs/9188962
3dmark.com/compare/fs/9202637/fs/9188962#
amazon.com/MSI-Radeon-RX-480-8G/dp/B01GX5Z4EM
youtube.com/watch?v=PqgOfR-Oc4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

POO IN LOO, PAJEET

It's meant to compete with the 970, so I suppose that's alright.

Would a I5 6500 bottleneck a 1070 for wqhd?

My phenom ii x4 did not, i doubt your new cpu can.

>consumes less than the 970
>destroys it
>costs less
kek

It's supposed to compete with the 1060, the 970 is retired.

>it's supposed to compete with something not out
also 1060 is already slower than it, has no sli, likely has all the problems other pascal cards have like pixel rates, stuttering above 60hz and displayports not working with htc vive, plus
>SOLDERED PCI EXTENSION CABLE

At least it beats a 1060

>has no sli
isn't that only for the 3gb cards? and who the fuck cares? who's buying a 1060 with the intention of SLIing?

Didn't someone try to cook an egg on the GTX 480 and failed? Maybe there is some sort of curse on products designated with a "480."

How much does it cost compared to the 1070?

there is no 3gb card

the whole "3gb has no sli, 6gb does" is a terrible rumour

>caring about power consumption on gaming GPUs
>Ever
I want this marketting induced meme to die.

it's equivalent perf/watt and performance of a reference 970 despite the: 'new architecture', new 14nm process and the fact that it's two years after the 970 launched.

an OCed 970 is vastly superior performance and perf/$ than the price gouged 480.

an OCed 480 destroys it.

the 480 has very little OC headroom and it's ROP bottlefucked into irrelevancy.

I really don't see how people can think the 480 is a good product. Nobody wants to upgrade from their 970-tier performance to 970-tier performance. AMD really needed the 480 to be 20% faster out of the box.

Why would one of the strongest CPUs bottleneck any card? Smhtbhqfam

>OCed 970 is vastly superior performance

LOL Thats a good one.

OP just so you know AMD believes in hardware doing all the work where nvidia believes in CPU and Software doing all the work. So AMDs cards basically will need more power as they have more hardware. It's just two different approach. Kind of like Software vs Hardware Firewall. Also AMD is betting on multi GPU in the future and Nvidia maybe betting on single.

well, 1060 shit tons of headroom and yet when OCed it to 1,900mhz it doesn't outperform 1,300mhz 480.

it doesn't matter if you go fast, if you can't do any calculations in your cycle your cycles are fucking useless.

3dmark.com/compare/fs/9202637/fs/9188962#

Based curry brother beats cunt eyed jew on his own ground, in his own firestrike.
480 oficially > 1060 even at green camp gsmes and green tests at lower price

>well, 1060 shit tons of headroom and yet when OCed it to 1,900mhz it doesn't outperform 1,300mhz 480.

[citation needed]

we haven't seen any legit benchmarks of the 1060 so far.

480 is probably the worst GPU of all time, what a disaster

Here is citation i go by This might not be 1060 but if it is, 1060 wont be worth the money.

1060 is litelally half locked defective 1080 chip, with half memory and half bus.

Its a halfass card.
Display you expect Jews to give you a bone for 300$?

And this is why comparing mhz/ghz between AMD and Nvidia is stupid. One can be 1.5Mhz and the other can be 2Mhz but the 1.5mhz will do more because of its design and architecture. Same thing with Tflops you cant compare them unless its with in AMD or with in Nvidia.

>1060 is litelally half locked defective 1080 chip,

GP106 =/= GP104

>every review is saying how rx480 is best 200$ you can spend on a GPU
>worst GPU

math it just doesn't add up.

>his might not be 1060 but if it is,
Display you know many 1.9 GHz GPUs?

16NM Pascal is the only GPUthat can possibly operate at such clocks.
Its cant be anything else.

>$200

GREAT meme friend

amazon.com/MSI-Radeon-RX-480-8G/dp/B01GX5Z4EM

>implying I can handle more than 160W of TDP on gfx
Not that guy, but my case turns into a hotbox if I put high TDP parts in there. It has very low airflow.

Yeah.
You take defective broken GP106, lock it down, disabke half of its cires and its a different chip.

I want you to move out the basement and start paying your own power bill.

There are plenty of reviews critical of it, especially after the power issues came to light.

I mean the 480 is actually killing motherboards and still goes over the power limit even after the patch.

480 is actually a dangerous GPU that I wouldn't even put in my system just to test.

well, I'm just saying it's not without a doubt, It is highly probably, yes but not certain.

i'm 99% sure it's 1060 I don't know of any other nvidia GPU unless it's 1070m or something.

Posting Amazon and you know you're being a dick as if we wont look at another site.

Muh 10 watts power consumption differebce.
Like 0.001 cent every year.

>It's killing motherboards
yea, nice meme.

at least it's mostly safe now if you use compatability mode. but since the 480's memory is entirely powered from PEG you can't actually OC it without bringing the card back to the out of spec power draw.

mistakes like this should have never made it into a retail product, AMD must have terrible QA or had to rush it out.

1 rupee has been deposited into your designated shitting street Pajeet.

This was 3 days ago a Micro Center and they will have more this week.

Even in compatibility mode, the 480 still goes over the power limit on both the pcie slot and the 6-pin.

480 is seriously a fucked up card that never should have even been released.

You should work for WCCFTECH, you just post what you see on the internet you don't fact check shit.

Nobody cares. It's a non-issue now. Go shit someplace else Pajeet.

>480 is still damaging motherboards
>not an issue

OK buddy, good luck with that.

>Actually
>Actually
>Actually
One reported dead
One is fake
Another is a mobo from 1999 burned with a lighter.
And a few people reported crashes.

1 thats an Nvidiot marketing meme
2 A 480 reference has issues NONE of which are going to be present in custom cards.
Custom cards wont owerdraw PCI, they will have 1350-1450 clocks and they will run cool.

>i'm 99% sure it's 1060 I don't know of any other nvidia GPU unless it's 1070m or something.
How did they get their hands on it?
That must be an engineering sample guarded in NVIDIA labs as a top secret.
Who the fuck can steal it?

>check store for RX480
Reference turd costs between 10-80 euros less than a GTX 980

Wow what a deal.

Links to Blown Mother boards please?

Other then the one I have attached, and check the condition of his board and case.

Provide proof other than *ONE* ASSCock thread on AMD that is confirmed bogus or STFU. No on second thoughts. Just STFU.

We have no idea if the non-reference 480s will even fix the issue, none of them are even out yet.

Here's my bet: all of them are based on the reference 480, therefore all of them will still suffer from the same power issues as the original 480.

no it doesn't damage motherboards, it draws 67w from PEG, thats 2watts over.

6pin is 90w while being over PCI SIG, it's bloody nothing for PSU.

>euros

No one cares about you refugees. Move to America else stfu.

>still goes over power limit
>doesn't damage motherboards

OK buddy

>We have no idea if the non-reference 480s will even fix the issue, none of them are even out yet.

Oh my fucking god kid why are you up so late?!?!?!?

I guess I'll just keep giving nvidia money.

>Nvidia goys on suicide watch

Find links to legit RX480 blown boards and I will payPal you $20 per board you find.

Name one report of a damaged motherboard made after the fox that isn't some dumb ass shit like some nigger overclocking three of them on a shitty psu.

There are tons of motherboards killed by 480s, just google "480 dead pcie slot" - 378,000 results

>implying an AMD fag actually has more than $2 in his paypal account

It is already established because We know that custom PCB will be full size, have 8pin, and have 2 phases from PCIe and 4 to 6 phases from 8pin.

Reference had 4phases from PCI and 2 from 6 pin for some stupid reason.
MSI PCB photos already show that it's not the case with custom.

Why would I care? My point is you get euro tax and your currency is different but you expect the card to be $199. Thats like saying poor countries should also have the 480 for $199 when in reality $199 in their country is like $5 USD. Like do you understand how currencies even work before you bitch about something?

If I had $2 it wont matter cause their are no blown boards.

Google "I was abducted by aliens" and you will get as many results.

We don't know anything until it's tested. AMD promised so much with the 480 and delivered so little, I would not be surprised if we see the same fuck up with 3rd party boards.

I don't expect it to be 199, I just don't expect to be able to buy a GTX 980 for almost the same money.

>AMD promised so much with the 480 and delivered so little

Yea you would know about being promised a lot and getting a little.

It's funny when you can buy a 970 for the same price that is both faster and won't kill your motherboard like a 480.

The 480 can't even compete with a 2 year old card, pretty sad.

They delivered exactly what they said. A £199 card that can play 1080p @ 60 fps. It was *YOU* and your shills that made up shit about it beating a 980Ti etc.

980 is a 2 year old card dude wtf are you on. All cars do the same shit but you don't see the new BMW being cheaper cause the old ones are still around.

The problem is the 980 is way faster than the 480 for almost the same price.

Makes it basically dumb to buy a 480 and that's not even considering all of the stability issues with the 480.

MFW they cant find a blown mother board but lol

Laters Nfucks.

>We don't know anything until it's tested.
Has anyone actually tested killing mobo with a 480?
Display you have a footage with a testthat can be repeated?

This official PCB shot is enough evidence of what i said.

>480 kills mobos i swear
>We know nothing without a test
You re just a retarded fanboy in denial.

There are plenty of reports of the 480 killing mobos, you can google them yourself.

There was even a guy whose motherboard would just crash over and over again because the 480 was overdrawing power.

>Comparing to a 2 year old card that cost twice the price back then.
This is all about making a card that competes fills an empty space that the 970 leaves. Nvidia are releasing the 1060 because the 480 scared the shit out of them losing the midrange market and making them look bad. They are no longer making the 970 and retailers are just dumping old stock.

It's not that the RX 480 is new, AMD products have idiot tax in Europe. Eg you're an idiot if you buy this.

The 970 really does have 4GB of VRAM. The last .5 is just slower compared to the rest.

>Display you
Fucking retardest auto-correct.
How the fuck can it turn DO into DISPLAY ffs?

The 1060 absolutely destroys the 480, it's not even a contest.

Basically Nvidia and AMD aren't even in the same market anymore.

AMD just makes budget crap that breaks down and kills your components.

>The 480 can't even compete with a 2 year old card, pretty sad
youtube.com/watch?v=PqgOfR-Oc4U
stop fucking deluding your self, you 970 cucks are the biggest retards ever. a 480 with the same core clock as a 970 performs better. it's only going to get worse for you guys once the custom 480s release.

>Buying old tech
>Maxwell can't even do async compute
>Can't complete in DX12
>Believes DX12 won't catch on (See Rise of the Tomb Raider a triple A title)
Keep trying

If you are too lazy to provide citations then I am too lazy to Google it. Put up or shut up.

Theres a lot of rumors and fake photos.
If it was real vendors would start replacing mobos on warranty en masse because its a warranty case and We would have oficiall evidence.

We dont.
The 480 sells like hot cakes, it sells a lot.
Mobos dont fall like flies for some reason.

why is the rx 480 temp missing

That's not true, there are plenty of benchmarks where the 970 beats the 480.

The 480 can't even beat Nvidia's 2 year old card that is selling for the same price.

I've seen you post this a number of times now. Copy pasting it over and over. You are too lazy to even type something original. How much are they paying you Pajeet?

So then why would you buy it dumb ass? Who said its here to replace a 980 why are you comparing it? All AMD said is 970 performance for $199 They did not say replace your 970 and 980's I don't understand the stupid overload going with you guys. It's your preference. You guys act like people are forcing you to buy shit. Maybe I want a rx480 because it has Display Port 1.3 for my monitor? Maybe I want it because it may work better with DX12 and the 980 does not do that? It's just a card for $199 and if you don't understand that people have different needs then you're just stupid.

I'm sure the lawsuits are already coming. AMD is trying to cover up the 480 power issues, but the truth is already coming out.

>stop fucking deluding your self, you 970 cucks are the biggest retards ever.

you linked a video that shows a properly OCed 970 shitting all over a max OCed 480.

>a 480 with the same core clock as a 970 performs better.

nobody clocks their 970 to 1350mhz. the max boost clock on a reference 970 is 1391mhz. most 970s top out at 1550mhz like the one in the video you linked.

he even had to hide the 480's temperature and hid the 1550mhz 970 half way through the video because of how hard the 480 was getting shit on. AMD truly can't make a competitive product with a two year old gimped card. Amazing.

There's no reason to buy a 480 when the 970 exists. Not only that but the 970 won't damage your motherboard.

Copy & paste fag get a trip so I can block you already.

>i post proof
>you literally can't
what ever helps you feel better nvidiot.

>There are plenty of reports of the 480 killing mobos

Why dont you google them and post it so you can shut us up?

Oh yea cause their is none. Only reports that link back to the 1 kid with soda spots all over his asrock board.

Sorry you can't handle the truth. Maybe you should take your head out of the sand and take a long hard look at all the issues with the 480.

>where the 970 beats the 480.
Theres 970 overclickeded to 1400 beats a 480 4gb at base clocks.
Yes.

There is just one autistic kid in this thread trolling with Nvidia shit. I guarantee it. Don't take the bait. Ignore him and he might get bored and leave.

>all these assblasted AMDumbos

wew

im havin a laugh

I encourage people to do their own research.

A good search term I already posted to search for is "480 dead pcie slot"

Tons of hits there right on the front page that will go into detail about how the 480 is actually damaging motherboards.

you should take your ritalin bud, you might have an aspie stroke if you don't

nvidia > Another Major Disappointment (AMD)

Nvidia has been making superior products for years, but some people love to cling to mediocrity.