Release Date: July 13th

Release Date: July 13th

Other urls found in this thread:

kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/
videocardz.com/62101/more-pictures-of-custom-radeon-rx-480-graphics-cards-emerge
guru3d.com/news-story/new-patch-brings-vulkan-support-to-doom,2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cjgFNkNW8zI
overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/rise_of_the_tomb_raider_directx_12_performance_update/4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No details on pricing?

WHAT. I am so going to be VR ready in a week senpai.

250 pounds, if you exclude the tax, in US its going to be around 240-260

Dat NITRO Glow™.

Also 3 Powercolor confirmed

where my MSI dragon logos at?

nonsense, it will be 220$ tops in US once the pricing for the cards normalizes

>paying extra for LEDs
What the fuck is this meme? Why are there people that do this?

There will be no 4GB Nitro tho. The Reference 480 8GB cost 230-240
Here you go familia

>fanservice

Every non-reference model will have RGB.

noice.

Honestly, I just want a RX480 that is powered properly desu.

Okay but fucking WHY
I'm building my first gayman PC and the marketing to this consumer base is just fucking insulting. Not to get all Sup Forums but it's hilarious how many pointless lights get slapped all over PCs but then when a console has a lightbar that actually DOES SOMETHING people get outraged.

Is there at least an option to shut the damn things off?

Through driver software id assume, that's how it was with my nvidia card that has LEDs everywhere

With Nitro yes. I'm pretty sure you can turn it of on MSI as well. Not sure about the others

So benchmarks this week then?

>Sapphire's fans are so shit that they need to be made replaceable
Out of 5 Sapphire cards I've had since the HD 7000 era 4 of them ended up with shit rattling fans within 2 years. I wonder what the fuck they're doing, that's too many cards for me to think it's pure coincidence.

I'm getting that ASAP

My long wait has finally paid off

Haven't the RX 480 power issues been fixed on the 6-pin?

If by "fixed", you mean "gimped", then sure. Just wait for a proper 8-pin card senpai.

Actually the unvervolting resulted better perfomance, but heres your 5 Nvidia points

Jesus christ, how will Nvidiots recover from this? Reference 480 already shits on the 970 and even 980 a few times and the 1060 is already DOA. Dam.

I am getting a RX480 but I don't want Win10. Am I fucking myself over and should better consider the GTX1070 Which performs better on older DirectXs?

VR with a working Display Port 1.3 connection unlike the 1080/70

Ask your self what good DX11 games came out this year and what good ones will be coming out before you make your decision.

Windows 10 Keys for $30 when you decide to join the dark side: kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/

Or just upgrade for free right now you dumb shit.

>buying windows
You don't get it, do you?

Wait they still have that shit I thought they stopped it?

Maybe the poor guy has Vista

oh look, another card i can't afford, and even if i could, it would be out of stock everywhere

How is Sapphire still in business?

I've had the fan fail on 2 separate sapphire cards.

I guess partially to their credit the cards would still function over 100c

This. I'm getting tired of fucking around with PC components, I'm getting a console.

Go away AMD shills. No one cares about your stupid RX-480.

>can't afford a 250$ gpu. Better go buy a 500$ console.

>Release Date: July 13th
source?

Well then user. What's the cheapest ultra settings desktop one can build...

I have a 2012 laptop, I don't have a desktop computer so I would have to buy everything. My gpu and cpu are 4 years old and I can't play shit anymore. Had I gotten PS3, for example, I'd have been calm for almost 10 years, always getting consistent performance.

Now here’s the advertisement from Korean distributor of Sapphire cards — Emtek. They According to the information provided by Emtek, RX 480 NITRO+ will be introduced on July 13th. This is probably going to be the first public appearance of NITRO+.

videocardz.com/62101/more-pictures-of-custom-radeon-rx-480-graphics-cards-emerge

What does the robot do?

>videocardz
designated indian street

This kills the nvidia

still slower than 290X.
idk if I should be happy or not. too bad I have a 4gig version

they still wait for the driver singce august kek

the card will be faster than a 290x in some months..
they always gradually get boosted

A custom 480

sheeeit maybe it will overclock 4%

>fanservice
confirmed slut

As if console can play ultra
AH HA HA HA HA HA

The 480 also seems to play nicely with vulkan in doom. The 1070? Not so much.

guru3d.com/news-story/new-patch-brings-vulkan-support-to-doom,2.html

I currently have a 290 that lost the silicon lottery and doesn't OC for shit. I'm going to get a nitro to hold me over until vega. The real question is should I get two? The power draw of two 480 Nitros should be about the same as my 290 and I should get better performance in games that crossfire works in. Besides for my OpenCL work it gives me more compute.

I assume this one doesn't ruin your motherboard?

>the card will be faster than a 290x in some months..

I doubt that - the 290x simply has more of everything as far as hardware goes. Sures its nowhere near as effecient as a 480 so anytime you slam GCN HARD the 290x will pull even further ahead (especially as resolution increases due to having double the ROPs).

its always like that its not like 480 is far behind 290x to begin with

That 30fps gain

youtube.com/watch?v=cjgFNkNW8zI

>inb4 this game doesnt count

The 480 is a fantastic card make no mistake but the claim that it will outperform the 290x in a few months is a highly unlikely scenario.

Now that 380 works pretty decently with amdgpu kernel driver+amdgpu xorg drivers with mesa libraries (well, at least if you have cpu which IPC is at Sandy Bridge level), i dont think so Tim (in regards to buying this card).

ITT: a bunch of AMD fanboys that can't come to terms that Nvidia is simply better..

you will see it mainly because of the hws and the discard acc (conservative raster)
(i guess not so much anymore considering that nvidia wont use tessellation to overkill anymore)

If Nvidia doesn't top a benchmark it doesn't count. Its why according to Sup Forums the only DX12 game out right now is tomb raider.

Those will certainly give the 480 an advantage in scenarios where excessive tessellation is in play. The HWS aren't too different from ACE units (though the 480 has a mix) and from GCN 1.1 onwards (i.e hawaii onwards) those ACE are programmable, so any leveraging of async is going to shine on both the 480 and 290x.

the good stuff is the hws are directly connected to the primitive discard acc and the ace engines too
basicly amd gave that chip their set of ace engines but with programmable features

but i dont think the ace from gcn 1.1 and after have their capabilities i know they have some microcode injected but nothing like i have seen for the new ones

You mean you should get a 1060

>DX12 game out right now is tomb raider.
overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/rise_of_the_tomb_raider_directx_12_performance_update/4

RotTR doesn't count as of yesterday.

So do we have any hard proof that Sapphire will release the rx 480 nitro on 7/13?

Why do they always have faggy looking robots or some other shite in advertising. I for one am glad Nvidia is a mature company and doesn't go for this kind of thing.

Hmm.

I have a 290x Tri-X.

Been out of the loop for the past year. Anything under $400 from either side coming out that's worth the upgrade?

I play at 1440 on a 27".

>Anything under $400 from either side coming out that's worth the upgrade?

No, just overclock.

Does PC make good AMD cards?

I don't know user, how will they?
I can cherrypick too you know?

id tech6 is such a nice engine. I hope Bethesda will license it to other studios soon. (haha who am I kidding?)

>motherboard fryer
I'll pass

How many times will you retards post that broken Tomb raided dx12 benchmark?

>comparing a 80 to a 90x

Wut?

x is dead. 1070 beats 980

doesn't look like so. go back to picking potatoes.

Based Sapphire. My Sapphire 5770 has been going strong for something like 6-7 years now. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again, especially now that they're fixing all of AMD's mistakes.

>I for one am glad Nvidia is a mature company and doesn't go for this kind of thing.

>mature

Will they be up on newegg? I'm considering either the Nitro or Devil myself.

This. Why should we believe OP?

No source was given.

kek

because OP is from reddit.

I'm happy for every AMD owner since getting a nice free performance boost is always a good thing but I think I'll stick to my 970 gtx for now on. Looks like 10xx series still can't into async, 1060 gtx feels like a rushed pile of shit and 480 RX is barely any improvement over my GPU (If anything it goes neck in neck with a heavily OCed 970) - Plus I don't really have a great AMD experience. Win10 helped me out immensely cuz I've bought myself a new 2560x1080 monitor and started experiencing bottleneck in majority of CPU heavy AAA games (3570 non-k here cuz I was still a poorfag neet without job at the time I bought it). I know AMD fans love to shit on 970 for the 3.5 meme but I personally never experienced anything beyond tiny micro stuttering in games like GTA5 and Lords of the Fallen. I wished you guys weren't shitting on Win10 so hard, not only it dropped my CPU usage by 20% but it also reduced the actual performance drop when games actually start to use 100% of my cores (In win7 I was experiencing massive frame drops and stutters at 90% of usage, in Win10 I experience 2-3 fps drop without stuttering at 100%) - Either way I'm sure 480RX is a great upgrade for people with weaker cards than mine and I'm happy for you all - You helped me in the past anons.

>kills your mobo
>consumes more power than 1070
>weaker than 970
>sapphire voids your warranty for thermal paste replacement

Buy the 1060 dumbfucks

INCOMING SLIDESSSSSSSSS
Its so cute!!!!

How poor you have to be to not be able to afford a 480RX.

WHY IS AMD SO GOOD TO MY BODYYYYY

What if you just want a HTPC?

VEGA still shows HBM2!!!!!!!!!!! 2017 2017!!! 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMD USE ME LIKE ONE OF YOUR LITTLE WHORESSSS!!!!!

I think I'll wait for Vega then. 970 is doing a-okay.

so there she is, my beauty to be

> no freesync
> rushed
> paper launch
> nvidia tax

fuk it - not this time

why would i need a 480 to browse 4chin and watch chinese cartoons with madvr?

my hd7570 broke and this intel onboard suck dingbat dicks for video playback. can't even play 60fps with smoothmotion on. how am i suppose to fap to them 120fps jav without dropping frames?

Good Idea!

Yes

Fair point!

That's a pretty sweet robot
will it go silent idle?

it helps installing the card obviously.

>kills your mobo

Link one instance. Just one.

The sapphire has an 8 pin and drivers already fixed the spec issue regardless, while improving performance no less.