Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,
Anyone a else smartphone repair technician here? I really enjoy my job, but I wish I would get paid more than 10 h/r.

Hardest repair you've done to date? pic related, had one of these fuckers in today for a screen replacement.

Nexus 6P

I work part time in a computer store that sells parts, builds and installs systems and does repairs.
Additionaly we have to do telephone support, storage stuff and so on.
We are also basically expected to always be up to date about basically anything tech related.
Customers also expected us to know every laptop or screen or even smartphones in detail that was released in the last 5 years.
We get 8.50, we only work there because of the colleagues.

Worked part time for a little while in a repair place. I was mostly given a lot of older phones to work on so if I screwed up at all it wouldn't be a costly repair. My first iPhone 4s was a nightmare. I pulled one apart a few times because i thought the display cable had gone loose. But it turned out that the routing for the cable was very sharp and cut the cable.

But other than that, Samsung were generally pretty easy to repair. Its a pretty fun job, I could certainly see myself working there again full time.

Pretty much same except I don't get paid shit cause it's my parents store.

Worth it for the freebies tho, the only brand new component in my pc is the psu.

>free i5 2500+board
>free WD black 1.5TB
>free "gaming " case
>free 12GB ram
>free gtx770

The 4 and 4s are one month away from being completely obsolete.

Hopefully ill never have to repair another

one of my favorites is when customers try to do their own repairs and fuck up beyond belief

Isn't Nexus 6P one of the most brittle phone on the market?

Only Xiaomi garbage breaks more easily than 6P.

The paint also scratches off like nun other

I own my own business repairing MacBooks in NYC. The hardest repair I've ever done was repairing my sanity after years of being repeatedly raped by my Itialian/Jewish grandfather.

Idk the hardest but the Nexus 5 is extremely easy

I work in a computer repair shop. iPads are horrible.

I used to work for an actual repair store, but now I've got a job at Sprint as a technician. Job is cushy as fuck. Can't repair something? Just order another one.

Also, fuck HTC

I got by iPhone 6 screen replaced today at Mobile Kangaroo. Pedro did a great job.

Hey op.

Just got done repairing for a hobby my galaxy s2 (power fucked) with a working second s2 with screen broken. Had a mini Philips set and went to town. Fingernails did the glue parts, removed 3 boards, 5 connections and antenna and swapped out parts, layed back in and it worked! This shit is so fun have I found a potential hobby/work?

Also I took my Nexus 6p into a repair few months ago due to cracked screen. Viewed ifixit before.. I feel the guys pain. Paid 250 for it.

Part time is the best, you can go in on your own time and fix whatever the full time workers don't have time for. Part time is more like a hobby than a job.

Not to mention how much I learned about smartphones in the last couple years.

can confirm
replaced the screen on a Nexus 5 in 10 minutes yesterday.

I repair my friends phones usually, but I am not a "repair technician".

My hardest repair was my own htc one m8, but after 5th time doing it i became very good with it.

Homie go awol and start your own business, I make at least $1000 a week

What did you need to repair? I have an m8 with a broken camera sitting on my desk and I've been thinking of cracking it open. Any experience with that?

So far i have changed the battery, the screen(without the midframe), the speakers, the housing (with the midframe to match), the connector board.
I don't think it would be a good idea the open it for the camera alone.

One of you fucks destroyed my HTC 8 by placing all this for glue shit inside of it when replacing the USB port

I paid 80 bucks too

Nexus 5. Had to take out everything to get to the screen.

Also ipod touch 4th gen, I gave up on it halfway and ended up buying a replacement refurb from the apple store

you're paid 10 hours per radius?