>you will never work for the NSA

Other urls found in this thread:

sc2corp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But I d

>you work for the NSA

No thanks. I like my life.

In a funny sort of way, we all work for the NSA.

>these faggots will

sc2corp.com/

I don't know about the NSA, but I've read articles on the FBI and apparently they find it near impossible to get good tech people because they polygraph you and do background check with family and friends.

So many younger people have downloaded a song with Napster or Kazaa or smoked weed at least once that it essentially disqualifies 99%+ of younger people who apply for these jobs.

"Clearance" in these circles can be equated to "joining the party" in Germany. It is an overt sign to the higher ups of your innate "reliability" regardless of the ethics of the "solution" to the problem.

>it essentially disqualifies 99%+ of younger people
Good.
Fuckin' millenial moral relativists.

c-can I h-have s-some y-y-you's please?

do you do/want to work there?

I worked as an engineer at Apple. Close enough.

No but I work for the CIA

>NSA
>Work

I-I'm not american so I highly doubt I could work there.

Oh shit a sni-

Apple's work culture is baffling to me. (I work for a company that makes software that Apple uses).

They had a system, they asked me to perform a performance analysis on it. I did on several points and helped come up with recommendations. One of the things I noticed is that they were storing performance information in custom tables (e.g. customer made them on the DB, not part of the standard install). I also noticed that these were taking up over a terabyte of space, they had been stored for many years, and no one had looked at them for the past two years.

I gave my summary to the customer, they argued they should store the performance information anyways even if they aren't looking at it, and essentially proceeded to ignore all my advice.

So the system performed like shit, they paid my company ~$6,000 to tell them why, and then proceeded to ignore the advice they got from spending $6,000.

Might be different in other parts of the company. I only know a couple people working for Apple and they basically won't talk about the work culture, it's like a fucking cult.

Well duh. I would assume and hope that anyone posting here is automatically flagged against employment in such positions.

I work for the FSB.

I work for the NSA. Its pretty comfy.

I worked on the A5 SoC SecureROM DFU instructions. My coworkers were anti-social and seemed to leave quickly at the end of each day. The work culture is definitely strange. Steve Jobs was also a jackass. Met him a couple of times and wanted to hit him with a chair. The only bonus working for Applel was free food and t-shirts.

>working for israel

It was really weird to visit them, they were happy to see me using an iPhone and iPad but told management after my visit that if I were to come back to their office then my ThinkPad would have to be switched for some form of Macbook. Luckily for me Apple decided they had other priorities at the time and I got put on other customer work.

I know a guy that taught a class about rooting and jailbreaking, he got a job at Apple and swapped for everything Apple and visibly frowned when I asked if he still jailbroke. Totally absorbed into the collective...

you are to go to gulag now tovarish sergei

Oh yes, jailbreaking. That was a touchy subject. I'll never understand why Apple got so assmad when customers mounted their system partitions as rw. We did it on production devices daily. It doesn't hurt anything because DFU mode can always be used to restore. The IMG file for DFU is stored in a partition that's only accessible to the bootrom. That means it would take physical access and incredibly powerful exploits to brick an iOS device. This actually reminded me of the time when you could flash an iPad baseband to an iPhone 3G. This was used for carrier unlocking. Problems occurred when using a stock firmware since the wrong baseband info was being used by the iBoot to populate the device tree during a restore in iTunes. Back then the DFU image was held on a seperate NOR chip which was somehow getting wiped. That was a big problem. I had narrowed it down to a small error and offered to take my own time to build a tool for customers to reflash a DFU image to their NOR so they wouldn't have bricked phones. I was basically told to fuck off and that they should buy new phones. I think that was when I knew how shitty Apple was.