STUPID QUESTIONS THREAD

STUPID QUESTIONS THREAD

old one is dead as dead

I'll start, is there any linux distribution that is not shit when it comes to laptop battery/power management?

Other urls found in this thread:

myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/hildegard-lt/
amazon.com/Li-ion-Battery-Toshiba-Satellite-Genuine/dp/B014ED0N00/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468352448&sr=1-6&keywords=toshiba satellite c55a battery
hardforum.com/threads/i-deep-fried-my-computer-literally.1104341/
youtube.com/watch?v=n-PhEUDY98g
ark.intel.com/products/family/88393/6th-Generation-Intel-Core-i5-Processors#@Mobile
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

are there any decent steganographic software?

Why do I have to use godaddy or some other shit to buy a domain name?
Why can't I register one myself without a third party?

How do I capture Pokemons without having to go outside?

Drop incense and hope that RNGesus smiles upon you.

train the pokemongos to come to you

i use lubuntu, seems ok

shit-tier netbook though

yes, but there's very hard to find

I'm running an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) on my HTC Jewel and the "mobile data" button in the Notification Drawer's Quick Settings doesn't actually toggle the mobile data on and off. It just takes me to the mobile data stats page. This is pretty annoying, since now I have to go to Settings > Mobile Data > toggle to toggle my mobile data on and off. I've read that this was a change from Android 4.4 to Android 5.0 and up. It's really bothersome and I'd like to find a way to make this button work again.

Unfortunately I can't use the "Custom Quick Settings" app and other standard workarounds because my phone is not rooted. It used to be, but I had to un-root for a few mobile games that I play because they detect root and won't allow you to play if it's detected. RootCloak 2 and similar root hiding techniques did not help. I'd prefer not to re-root my phone since I would lose access to these games.

I don't suppose making a few edits to the OS I'm running and then compiling it myself would be a viable option? I've never edited nor compiled an Android OS before, but I'm no stranger to coding.

I'd appreciate any insight on how to make this button function as an actual toggle for the mobile data again.

I'm at my wits' end guys, I can no longer install Java, and I couldn't update it before.

I had Jre6 and Jre7 (both 32-bit) and Jre7 (64-bit)

This started when trying to update Java, seeing how Java wasn't launching I checked it in CMD and got this error:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

Before I did anything I made a System Restore point
So I googled the problem did the fixes: set the PATH, CLASSPATH and removed the System32 Java files.

However, this fixed nothing.
Then I went and cleared my computer from anything Java related, including the registry files.

Rebooted, went to get to get the latest version of Java, used admin privileges, and the installer closes silently in the background.

Obviously something wrong I went to System Restore, restored and seeing all my Java files missing with System Restore saying it was unsuccessful.

Now I don't know what to do. Help?

Best calendar app for Android?

Google Calendar

Figured as much.

lads I'm trying to download the video of my sister's graduation and it's giving me an M3U Audio Playlist file

the file defaults to opening in iTunes but then nothing happens

any idea?
this is what the file looks like

tried opening in VLC but it did nothing

Whenever I'm using to Windows Media Player to listen to my music, I always get this error message. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit.

Should I get a Macbook Pro or should I get a thinkpad and put linux on it. Money isn't an issue, just trying to figure out what would make more sense.

call ms support

Thanks

Two questions about water cooling

Is it OK to have one loop that takes heat from the CPU and the GPU before it goes to the radiator or will it fry one of them? Should I have the CPU on its own loop separate from the GPU or is it redundant?

Does it really matter what pump/reservoir/waterblock I get or is it all aesthetics?

Where do you go for pirating fonts?

I tried downloading a number of packs, but none include Hildegard

myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/hildegard-lt/

Hey dumbass you forgot the /sqt/

Would any anons recommend getting an a+ cert? I just wanna work in a repair shop

Yep, stupid OP. Had to search whole catalog.

Related question, do I need an internet connection to play Go, or does it just need GPS?

Download a gameboy emulator

Wheres Dwight and wheres the /sqt/ ?

GTFO newfag.

It uses GPS for your location, but if you don't have wifi you'll need cellular data to download maps and sign in.

I tried again to fix the JSON problem and I still can't get it to work. Maybe I am just retarded but at least on Codepen.io this code seems to do absolutely nothing.

$(document).ready(function() {

$("#getMessage").on("click", function(){
$.getJSON("quotes.stormconsultancy.co.uk/quotes.json", function(json) {

var quote = json.quote;
$(".message").html(JSON.stringify(quote));
});
});
});

Here is the HTML code which I'm very certain is correct but I'm completely stuck.

Cat Photo Finder

The message will go here

Get Message

If I don't have the disk, what's the easiest way to reinstall windows 7 on a computer already running it without the original hard drive?

I have the original HDD, if that makes it easier.

clone the drive

Is the surface pro 4 the best/only 2 in 1 device to consider? Should I go ahead and buy it or is the surface pro 5 right around the corner?

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5311, my battery can no longer hold charge. I found an original toshiba replacement but it says it´s for the Toshiba Satellite C55-a-5300 C55-a-5308 C55-a-5309 C55-a-5387

Both the dead and the Amazon one are 1.8V, 4200mAh for 15.6 inches notebook computers

Is it the one for my laptop?

Here's the link, if anyone needs it.
amazon.com/Li-ion-Battery-Toshiba-Satellite-Genuine/dp/B014ED0N00/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468352448&sr=1-6&keywords=toshiba satellite c55a battery

Tried Google but... Is SuperMan ROM compatible with regular Galaxy S7?

How do?

Real thread

Rooting HTC One M8 - Unlocked the bootloader/I've run fastboot over adb.

I want to spoof gps [spoiler]in poekmon go.[/spoiler]
Now what?

I'm planning on changing my motherboard/CPU soon and I'm assuming I have to reinstall windows 10. However I don't have a product key and instead have "digital entitlement". How exactly does this work and will I still be able to reinstall windows?

Can I crossfire a 390x with a 290x?

Is there any free alternative to the software PrecisionTree ?

>Open an image in Firefox
>Like what it is
>ctrl+s or drag image to a folder
>Firefox downloads the image again
Is this some fuckery with windows or is there a way to get firefox to stop redownloading images it just downloaded?

release channel? version? os? dragging works fine for me and my internet is ungodly slow, so I'd be able to tell.

Firefox 43.0.1
Windows 7 SP1

Dragging does the same behavior because if a thread is deleted or expires, the image will not save since it's trying to download it again even if I can view it just fine in the browser.

do you use some flavor of 4chanx? do you have the problem on other sites too?

How can I go about connecting 48 sata drives to a single motherboard?

If I have a Juction Table with 2 Foreign Keys, do I need to add this IDs manually or they're automatically added when I insert something in the other tables?

4, 6, or 8 at a time.

or buy lots of expansion cards.

Nope no Sup Forums plugin aside from what's built into the site.
It persists on other sites, just looked up an image on a booru which took forever to load, then ctrl+s prompted firefox to download it again. Dragging it to a different folder from firefox had the 'Moving...' dialogue up for an equivalent amount of time.

I guess next I should see if it can even save loaded images if I cut off the internet

What should I do with corrupted files on my microSD card? Is saving them a lost cause?

>cut off the internet
Firefox won't save them no matter the method, even though they're loaded in their own tab.

This behavior is pretty consistent between versions of firefox, since my laptop is running an older version. But both are on Windows 7 SP1 but it seems absurd that the OS would ignore the files firefox has access to and download them again. Well, maybe not absurd since it's windows.

Why do websites still default to 32bit downloads instead of 64bit? I was downloading VLC earlier and I was wondering why it would do that.

>I am downloading this video but it won't download in this format
>let me leave out where I am downloading the video from

Why is IRC so popular? are most of this users bots?

so im having issues with how much memory my phone is using at the moment. someone recommended Nova launcher as a no root option to kinda help with that, but ive heard mixed reviews on it. is there another recommended no root launcher that would help with my memory issues or is Nova alright?

Cheap cooler for a i5 3470 that doesn't make more noise than a stock? I bought this i5 used, but the guy didn't want/had to sell the cooler.

It doesn't need to be super silent or anything, but I bought a shit on that runs at 100% all the time. It was my worst purchase since I bought 2x4gb ram on a mobo that has just 2 ram slots.

Would be dangerous to put my cooler from g2030 on this i5?

Best adblocker for firefox?

NETWORK MAGIC NEEDED
I've been fucking with shorewall but it doesn't seem to work for what I'm trying to do.

The computer in question has two network interfaces + a vpn interface. Will refer to them as eth0, eth1, and ppp0.

eth0 is connected to my home network. On this home network I have a pc serving media.
eth1 is connected to a device for stuff (gaymin), but this device can also see and play content from dlna, which is what the media pc is doing.

I usually have eth1's traffic directly routed to ppp0, which connects physically through eth0 to the modem.

what I want to do is route all traffic from eth1 to ppp0 as default, but for certain services and ports the traffic would instead be routed from eth1 to eth0 to be on the normal home network.

What the fuck am I suppose to do?

Ublock Origin, and get in your firefox settings and set Flash to ask everytime

Any Hyper 212 variant will be more than you need, and pretty cheap

My browser fucks up the formating on wiki's that run on the wikia network, and youtube just says "please sign in to continue" when I push the notification button to see comment responses and such, despite the fact i'm signed in

I know the two are related because this happened once before, both happening at once, and it spontaneously fixed itself, but now it's back.

It happens both in firefox and google chrome.

help?

Do I need to partition the new hard drive before cloning to it?

Sup Forumsuys I want your opinions. Lightning struck my house and fried my modem and router, it came in through the cable line and traveled through the ethernet cables. I think my CPU is fried, Im getting BIOS post codes that mean no ram is installed. Does my CPU look fried?

should i go with cooler master hyper d92 vs 212 evo

i5 6600k

If I have an awesome gaming rig, but want to play elsewhere, can I stream it to an okay laptop over wifi without it lagging too hard?

No.

Do you have a strong reason not to use the stock cooler?

>Why is IRC so popular?
It's a very simple protocol to implement, and it has a long history of use.

>are most of this users bots?
Not on the channels I've been on.

Are there any good browsers these days? Firefox and Chrome seem to both have gone right to shit.

Has anybody taken both the A+ 801 and 901 for any reason?

My dumbass studied for the 801 not realizing it expired, so 901 is my option. I see the mobile section and lots of older tech is removed, but what are some key differences to study before finally taking it?

What the fuck happened to my task manager Sup Forums?

What sites do you use to see the best phones out now?
Also, can you recommend me a good one that costs up to US$ 500,00?

OK so in kodi it's widely accessable to get a think of live TV things. Where does the content stream from?
I would consider myself good with computers, but it's a topic of no discussion on any forums I've seen.

What are some good resources for someone who wants to learn web design and web programming but isn't new to programming?

What's the current concensus on Windows 10 for those already part of the botnet. Dead serious, not sure if I should be upgrading or not and there's only a few weeks left for free.

Well, are we?

Alright, im about to build a new computer. But I need to do it right this time. Two questions:

1. I intend on using my same drives on my new pc. Do I really need to de-register my copy of windows 7 before plugging my drives into a new machine? Or does it not matter? Has anyone ever been locked out of their machine for doing this?

2. What graphics card company makes the most coolest, quietest gpus? I currently own an MSI and it's like a space heater in my room. But this could also be because of my current case.

Use Musicbee instead.

regarding charging technology and the new standard of USB type C, are these two technologies independent? As in, the LG G5 is labeled as being a Quickcharge 3.0 phone, however it has a usb type C port. Does this mean qualcomm's technology is only usable from USB type A, to C but when the phone is charged with a standard type C to type C quickcharge isnt involved, and it just charges 'normally' at the specification of the type C charger? Would that be how things work?

Use a GPS spoofer.
I use the paid version of fakeGPS and it seems to work fine, granted I am rooted and have xposed installed with mock mock locations. I'm not sure if you need the latter two, though.

Those black contacts look suspicious. You better smell it - if it burnt you will know. Also have your checkt the RAM? MB is probably right - RAM is usually first one to go in case of short circuits, lightnings etc.

I don't think you fryed it right...

is oil electrically conductive?

obviously not

nm, I thought pic was using literal frying oil

I still think that, what the fuck is it using?
if its distilled water, whys it yellow?

It is vegetable/canola oil.
Most oils are non conductive, and the most popular oil used for PC submersion is probably pure mineral oil.

Here's link to thread for pic related:
hardforum.com/threads/i-deep-fried-my-computer-literally.1104341/

its oil using the heat from the cpu

that would be frying oil.. like I thought.

So I bought a used laptop off of ebay and it came with a hard drive. I doubt they used dban on it what would be the best tools to use to recover data on it? Its not really a big deal but I would like to see if there is anything interesting before I start writing data to it.

Somewhat of a tech retard here. I want a new computer, but I'm not sure if stationary is what I want, it feels like an overkill for what I'm planning to use it for. Basically casual use, able to survive for long, civ5/6 and overwatch. So far I found one laptop for 1000usd.

Lenovo ideapad 700: 256gb ssd, 8 ram, i7-6700hq 2.6GHz, nvidia GTX 950m (or same specs, but GTX 940m for 17.3inch screen instead of 15.6)

Worth the money? Other alternatives? Would love some help.

my chinkphone (Bluboo X2) runs android 4.2.2. i need at least 4.4 to play pokemon go

when i click software update in the About Phone section, it says its already updated to latest version. Is there anyway i can see if 4.4 can be installed on this any other way?

Does it matter which one of those three I use for the CPU? They all look the same to me.

why isn't there some website/app for marijuana hookups? I know police are an issue but there has to be a way to circumvent it( please don't laugh at me for asking this)

How much should I pay for a used 270x royal queen?
The guy.is asking for 100EUR bit I think 50 is more suitable

Or I should just wait for a 1060 3g? I have a bad feeling it will retail for 200€ where I live (italy) and it will alone cost as much as my pc

> civ5/6
I don't know about 6, but civ5 works on a modern intel HD. Overwatch will perform like this: youtube.com/watch?v=n-PhEUDY98g
Anyway, I think you don't need a discrete card. Search for a laptop with 4-core i5 (HQ): ark.intel.com/products/family/88393/6th-Generation-Intel-Core-i5-Processors#@Mobile

Oh, and make sure RAM isn't soldered, so you can upgrade it later.

Double click on the white space marked red here on my picture.

Normal people will look at you like you have aids if you have anything other than Apple or Samsung Galaxy.
So honest answer is just get one if you dont care about performance,camera,battery,usage or anything else and be happy.
I say this since iPhone is pretty limited and the Galaxy is still viewed as the nerds choice.

> "they all look the same to me"
> Despite each having clear labels as to what is for what.

Sure user, use any old plug. It's not like you deserve a computer anyway or anything.

either this watercooler (h105) has a thermoelectric cooler in it or amd is grubby jew liars because its 16c inside
someone plz explain why the temp is so low

What is a good custom kernel for Android?

I want to undervolt my HTC M7 to mitigate the shitty battery usage. I'm using Cyanogenmod 12.1 and the included kernel doesn't appear to support voltage changes.

Thanks Sup Forumsurus

Defective program.
Go in bios and check temps from there

the level of new is disturbing

>speccy
>accurate temperatures
pick one and only one