What can I do to increase the lifespan of my laptop battery? Is it bad to keep it plugged in at 100% charge...

What can I do to increase the lifespan of my laptop battery? Is it bad to keep it plugged in at 100% charge? Should I take the battery out and run it on AC power?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Li-ion-Battery-Toshiba-Satellite-Genuine/dp/B014ED0N00/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468352448&sr=1-6&keywords=toshiba satellite c55a battery
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

Yes to the first question. Actually, both extremes are bad. You don't want it fully charged or close to it, nor do you want to have it dead or nearly dead. Keep it between 30%-70%.

If you're going to be at a desk for an extended period of time then yes, remove the battery and keep it on AC power. Extreme heat from the dozens of shota threads you have open will affect the longevity of your battery life.

I've read that it good to cycle a bit at least sometimes, but never to let it completely drain. This applies to all modern lithium batteries.

Pee on it whenever it starts to die. The alkaline is invigorated from the ammonia in your urine, exciting the electrons and repairing some of the calcification from overuse.

>Click this thread since surely someone is going to post how to make a bomb out of it.
>Make this post to speed up the proccess and get a (you).

>Asking Sup Forums about tech, you must be new friend.
Any decent OS(Windows, OSX, idk about linux) will never let the battery continue charging when it's at 100%, the OS will notice that and let it discharge a few %, and then charge it again.
Batteries from ~2011-2012 have way smarter chips inside them. Regulating and keeping the battery healthy and safe.
My laptop's battery is from 2011/05 and lasts about ~4 hours. Used to last 7(or very close to 7).

Don't bother. Just buy a new laptop battery.

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5311, my battery can no longer hold charge. I found an original toshiba replacement but it says it´s for the Toshiba Satellite C55-a-5300 C55-a-5308 C55-a-5309 C55-a-5387

Both the dead and the Amazon one are 1.8V, 4200mAh for 15.6 inches notebook computers

Is it the one for my laptop?

Here's the link, if anyone needs it.
amazon.com/Li-ion-Battery-Toshiba-Satellite-Genuine/dp/B014ED0N00/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468352448&sr=1-6&keywords=toshiba satellite c55a battery

your mom gets excited when we all pee on her. Fuck off to Sup Forums

this. buy a second battery and switch them out every month. batteries are usually $30.

get a computer from this decade. batteries are designed to handle the abuse of constant charge and discharges along with being plugged in all the time.

kept my laptop plugged in at all times when i could since 2009 and the batter wear is just about 17%
i still get 6 hours of battery
acer timeline 3810TG

A "cycle" is when you completely deplete and recharge a battery. So, if you deplete a battery 10%, you have gone through 1/20th of a cycle. So to get your money's worth from your battery, complete as many full cycles as possible. Keep your laptop plugged in and at 100% whenever you can. However if you mean to charge a battery and then not use it for a long time, charge it partially (say 70%) instead of fully.

fuckin shit I meant to write "complete as FEW full cycles as possible." I wrote the opposite instead. ooops

Use it less
Leave it at 30% charge

>Leave it at 30% charge
i swear, it's like battery shills go on the internet and tell people to fuck their batteries up on purpose so they sell more batteries

fucking leave the laptop plugged AT ALL TIMES
modern laptops handle this properly
>girl i know always stays on battery and plugs back in when the battery is low
>"but i heard this is good for the battery"
>laptop isn't even a year old
>40% battery wear
NO FUCKING SHIT

information may be a little dated, but...

>Is it bad to keep it plugged in at 100% charge?

lithium batteries shouldn't be kept at 100% charge, some devices like phones purposely charge them to around 80/90%~ and just display 100% charge for this reason but whether the hardware or the os allows this on laptops is a different matter, tl;dr if you're using it at a desk take the battery out (I sympathise if you want to go from battery powered to dock with a thinkpad)

>Should I take the battery out and run it on AC power?

again, if at a desk, yes

if you're not going to use the battery for a while discharge it to around half charge and try not to leave it too long(several months/years) without charging it to full charge again (discharging to around half before storing it again), cells may discharge at uneven rates and if you leave them too long you won't be able to recover the battery using built in charging

amazing how people don't think twice about using a UPS but there are morons that think taking the battery out of the laptop is a good idea. power outages, do you know them? a ups is even more fucking expensive than a laptop battery

Please point to the part where I said you should unplug your laptop until 30% and then recharge every time.

Discharging it to 30% and removing it will make it age slower.

You're just inserting your own experiences with retarded normie logic.

it's interesting that that's what you thought i think you said, could it be because your wording is so poor?

it's just bad advice. nobody should have to worry about plugging and unplugging fucking charger
thinkpads, for example, have an option specifically for the thing you said (and it's nowhere near your 30%, doesn't matter if it's 30% charge or discharge, it's still retarded)

satanic quads tell the truth

I pretty much said don't use your battery and leave it at a 30% charge, not sure how you interpreted it that way.