Guise help. I'm about to kill myself. I just installed arch and have before successfully but with a display manager...

Guise help. I'm about to kill myself. I just installed arch and have before successfully but with a display manager. Now I'm trying to do it without one but startx won't run on root or user. Help?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xinitrc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The wiki will help
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xinitrc

it won't run as root, first of all.

cat /usr/bin/X, find out what the script is trying to execute on line 2, and then fix it from there.

yeah it will
he's probably just missing drivers

Congratulations, you fell victim to the meme

It's actually line 2 of xserverrc that's failing. /usr/bin/X looks like it has incorrect permissions - I'd ls -l /usr/bin/X (although on my machine that's just a symlink to Xorg...)

yeah you're right. it's symlinked on mine as well

sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/Xorg
sudo chmod 777 /usr/bin/X

>installing arch
I'm so sorry for your loss

>I didn't read OP btw :-DDDDDD

So I'm guessing you're an unemployed NEET? That's the only way you'll have enough time to spend on your computer doing tedious tasks to get Arch to work.

Allahu Ackbar.

>I'm about to kill myself
nobody help him

you can launch startx as root?

just create .xinitrc for your root user in /home/root

This is why you just install Ubuntu from the mini.iso and pick your packages. You got memed

I figured it out, thanks tho.

>Guise help. I'm about to kill myself.
OP DON'T DO IT I HAVE CONTACTED FBI AND THEY WILL SAVE YOU AS SOON AS THEY HAVE TRACKED YOU DOWN AGAIN PLEASE DON'T DO IT THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU I HOPE YOU SURVIVE GOD BLESS YOU ACCEPT JESUS INTO YOUR HEART AND HE'LL SAVE YOU SUICIDE IS A SIN ETERNAL HELL IS NOT WORTH IT

And this is why I stick to windows :)

I use arch and am in education, kill yourself you meme-spewing faggot

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>running "sudo" as root

You need to be 18 or older to be on this site, or at least have some common fucking sense.

Away with you.