Go to Sup Forums for advice on a good beginner distro

>go to Sup Forums for advice on a good beginner distro
>get told Linux mint is the best since its an updated Ubuntu with no bugs
>install Linux mint
>Wi-Fi disconnects every 10 minutes
>touchpad stutters when I'm trying to use it
>ui is more sluggish than windows 7 was
>have to manually mount my ntfs usb flash drive every time I plug it in with terminal

I'm not a windows shill, but holy shit this Linux thing is a mess.

Fuck you Sup Forums, I'm going back to windows 7.

>falling for the Linux meme

hope you learned your lesson

>Not live booting of the usb to test it first
kek

I now see why Linux is free and windows isn't.
If they could have sold Linux in the desktop space, they would have.

dumbFUCK spongeposter

sage

>he fell for the Linux meme

>mint
lol rekt

that's funny cuz i installed windows 7 and that happened to me

never again

Mint is a shit knock off of Ubuntu and actually has more bugs. You should have done more research. I had the touchpad and ui issues too on mint 17.3, and it wouldn't recognize my external hard disk half the time.

Everyone believes you

Top lel, nobody uses that freetard crap. We use windows to play steam games on.

>>go to Sup Forums for advice
That's where you fucked up. Never trust what Sup Forums says.

Someone post that Homer Simpson image

Why is Linux mint shilled so much? It's just a more shit version of Ubuntu. They have like 6 ads on their homepage, it's a fucking money farm

Do you want your privacy or not?

Yeah Mint is shit. Honestly Ubuntu is too, but for a laptop it's probably one of the better user friendly distros. I wouldn't really recommend and Linux distro for a laptop that you want to ever unplug... Also you can fucking set up the OS to mount that shit automatically, Ubuntu probably would do it just fine. Mint is retarded it was kinda nice when it first came out but then Canonical stepped their shit up and Mint is fucking useless now.

You won't get privacy on Linux mint.

>using a shit tier distro that no one on this board likes
>using a distro SO shitty that there was a point where the ISOs on their site were compromised
>welp better blame Sup Forums

Also:

>expecting quality advice on any board during summer

Why do we even reply or care about these obvious paid shill lie threads by Microsoft?

Sup Forums, please.

I'm hoping their company goes into debt after Microsoft cans them for being retarded assholes and giving people a bad taste for their employer.

This.

If the faggot had said any other distro, I might have b bought it. But mint? I'm not even sure idiot summerfags would recommend that garbage.

Actually there's a bunch of mint shills on Sup Forums in case you hadn't noticed...

Wtf are you on about you stupid tripfag, Mint shills have been in overdrive since mint 18 came out

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

This. They've been shilling their shit distro on g too much lately

>babby trying to use his first Linux distro
>gives up after 30 minutes because of some driver conflict
>goes back to botnet
>unironically hangs out on the tech board of the Papuan penis stretching championship boards
Please stick to using Windows. Never ever even consider anything else. You clearly cannot into computers and tech beyond the most pleb-tier consumerism. Just upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 and allow Microsoft's thick and hairy tongue in your orifices.

>2016
>not having to go through several hoops and having to do a bunch of gimmicky ass elitist shit to relate to people on a taiwanese raft crafting forum

Do you honestly believe that all the people who use linux have issues with their wifi?
That nobody uses their touchpad?

There is two questions you could ask.
1. how do other people fix this issue I am having?
2. how does this thing work?

I don't know your exact issue, but I am sure there is a solution.

I will give you an example of how you should think of any problem relating to computers.
Eg. wifi disconnects after 10 minutes:
What it sounds like, is your wifi is working, connects, sends some packets and then it stops working.
This could be a number of reasons, but most likely it is because your router does not support powersafe mode. Turn powersafe mode off on your laptop and that would probably be it.

It could also be a bug in the software that manages your wifi connection, replacing that with something else would tell if that is the case.

The point is that you can easily trace the steps it takes to do a thing, see where it fails and fix it.
If you don't want to deal with this, just buy something that has better support from the manufacturer.

I have a thinkpad and since it is intel graphics and intel wifi, everything works right away for me.
When I install windows 7, I have to get a seperate computer and a flash drive so I can get the drivers for the wired network card, the wifi, the graphics drivers, nothing works right away.
I can't even get windows 7 to display the full 1366x768 resolution without the graphics drivers.
Dragging windows around also feels sluggish as it doesn't have acceleration.

Does that mean this is the experience for every windows user?

Linux defence force, ACTIVATE

I'm enjoying this meme

Sup Forums

You're messed up man