AMD might have an edge in DX12 and Vulkan games, but no game uses those yet. DX11 performance it what matters today...

AMD might have an edge in DX12 and Vulkan games, but no game uses those yet. DX11 performance it what matters today, and will be for the next few years. When DX12 and Vulcan finally start mattering, Nvidia has closed the gap. We might even have DX13 by then. DX12 could end up like DX10.

Also because AMD doesn't even have high end cards, Nvidia is still faster in DX12.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EwQRoaOiVfU
guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-r9-rx-480-8gb-review,13.html
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10,4616-6.html
guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_rx_480_8gb_review,10.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nvidia is also much better in the budget end because they still suffer from driver overhead.

They're desperate to push dx12 and vulkan because they're too incompetent to fix drivers

Cool I'm going to get a Nvidia card now

Explain this.

This can't be explained away because it's all 100% true.

Yeah its all a big conspiracy. There could be no other possible explanation as to why nvidia cards arent performing as well as amd cards.
Never mind the fact that a low level api only means developers simply have more potential to code the games to schedule tasks as they like and could fuck up optimization just as bad as they have in the past. Its all just amd trickery.

That's not what DX12 was even designed for, nor vulkin or mantle. Whoever keeps posting that shit is a fucking retard and a nvidia shill. And I bet nvidiots will eat it up and keep spreading this false bullshit. Let me educate you.

AMD was pretty much ahead of it's time when they made multiple core bulldozer processor. They expected companies will create something that will make good use of all the cores at once... but nobody did for a very long time.

Everyone stuck with DX11. The problem with DX11 is that it dumps all it's workload onto only the first core and it doesn't make use any other core. So multiple cores were pretty much useless.

This prompted AMD to finally push the industry forward by creating Mantle. Which actually makes use of multiple cores instead of dumping everything onto the first core. All the cores now get some worklord instead of only the first core like in DX11.

Vulkan is based off Mantle. Which in turn forced Microsoft to create DX12 since they don't want to be seen as obsolete and out of date. DX12 is also based off Mantle.

Pic relate, and this is true for not only AMD processors but also Intel processors. Mantle, Vulkan and DX12's were really made for processors first and cards secondary.

DX12 does not ban async in any way. Neither does vulkan or mantle. It's just that Nvidia decided not to include Async in their newer cards. Donno why, they were the ones who pushed for async and had it in their older cards, but then suddenly stopped including it for newer cards.

But does Nvidia have Kokoro? I think not.

AMD was the first to reach 1ghz
AMD brought x64 and multiple cores
AMD pushes DX12 and Vulkan instead of paying devs to hold it back like Nvidia
AMD is the only one with a pure and loving waifu mascot

Theyre basically the ones who think for the future but nobody listens to them. Like that homeless man with a tinfoil hat yelling about aliens

Yes that's why games like civ 5, bf4, crysis 3, and FO4 didn't perform better on processors with more cores

youtu.be/EwQRoaOiVfU
If AMD gave us their interactive Amada program theyd be saved

>think for the future
>makes products nobody wants
pick one
poo in loo pajeet

why so much racists on Sup Forums against indians?

we are a good minority community and especially on Sup Forums, we respect science and technology.

Stay in your shithole, shitskin

Why so many Indians don't poo in the loo?
Toilet is good option. Especially for poo, we respect cleanliness and no poo everywhere

Because racist Nvidiots will shit on anything AMD does that is good. It makes them buttmad that AMD actually innovates while Nvidia just invents new ways of planned obsolescence.

AMD just can't compete anymore

That's a strange thing to say considering Nvidia's new cards are actually better than their old ones, while AMD's are just rehashes of 2 year old cards.

because they are backward, uneducated, and live in poverty, and India is developing country; but most Indian diaspora communities are small and successful.

>AMD's are just rehashes of 2 year old cards.
The RX 400 series aren't rebrands while Paxwell is Maxwell with higher clocks.

No
Most Indians shit in the fucking streets

Because the niggers are starting to fight back in their own country so they have to redirect their inherent racism elsewhere. They're just faggots m8

>I dont want better hardware
if it werent for AMD youd be paying $1000 for a single core Pentium and wed never go past Direct X9 because Novideo holds tech back

Only natives can say that shit. They are the real americans.

Also, USA accept so many indians for s has become the reason that so many amerifats can't do the job properly. Thats why so many indianCEO in Techs companies.

why cant we do the same thing with gamecode
the fps would skyrocket

480 is almost exactly the same as a 390

While there is nothing that even comes close to the 1080

Nvidia is making new cards while AMD is just remaking the same old shit

>In DX11 Nvidia drivers are multithreaded
No they are not. DX11 is single threaded
>DX12 bans multithreading
No, DX12 enables multithreading

That whole comment is written by a retard

Nvidia is a software company that makes hardware.
AMD is a hardware company that makes hardware.
They plan ahead, Nvidia console peasants get butt-hurt and accuse them of everything Nvidia has been CAUGHT doing time and time again.
Booth of them would screw you over for your money If given the chance, AMD is just a little better about it.
Anyone that has brand loyalty should be dragged out into the street and shot to avoid the re-re genes becoming anymore entrenched in the gene-pool.

>Nvidia
>software company
???????

>480 is almost exactly the same as a 390
So 390 performance for 270 power consumption at 380 prices isn't a good thing? Oh wait, that's exactly why you fags defend the 1060.
>Nvidia is making new cards while AMD is just remaking the same old shit
Paxwell is literally Maxwell with higher clocks and WORSE IPC and you call that new cards. Kek. The only reason they're doing that well is because they're at a 60% higher clock. When 490 is out in October, Nshittia is finished

Gameworks™
Hairworks™
Physx™

>AMD might have an edge in DX12
I just don't see it. Just like DX11, some games in DX12 favor Nvidia cards and some games favor AMD cards.

I think people are missing the point of the Mantle project and Vulkan + DX12 which came out of it. People write a lot about multi-threading in these new APIs. I see multi-treading as secondary feature. The main feature is the compute functionality. This feature lets programmers use the huge computation power that GPUs have. With compute it is possible to create PhysX-like libraries which will run on any card and (with Vulkan) on any platform. It is now possible to embed advanced physics into the gameplay. Not just use physics for cosmetic effects (like in PhysX). Entire Gameworks library becomes irrelevant now and that's what AMD was aiming for.

That's not true at all though. The 1070 and 1080 are totally new cards that are actually faster than anything else out there.

While the 480 can't even beat a 2 year old midrange card.

That's the effect of shilling.

If you shill the same 3 AMD sponsored DX12 games and ignore everything else, you can convince people that AMD does DX12 better.

>some games in DX12 favor Nvidia cards

Name some. Attached are benchmarks from Nvidia-sponsored, GameWorks-integrated title Rise of the Tomb Raider. You'll notice the Fury X beating the 980 Ti now after the latest patch. So if Nvidia can't get a win in their own sponsored DX12 games, what can they win at?

>implying amd release better hardware
>rx 480 has same performance as r9 290x from 3 years old

Intel has monopoly and their cpus still have great performance/cost ratio, my i5 2500k from 2011 still kicks ass to this day. While amd has only shitt cpus too weak for gaming.

Where are you now Ayymd troll?

i mean 3 years ago shit i'm tired

you better rest then user, the internet always needs rested keyboardz marauders. especially the cancer infested Sup Forums

At 1080p which is allegedly what the 480 is designed for the 970 is just as fast as the 480 and the 980 is faster in RotTR. Which indicates to me it favors Nvidia if two year old technology is just as fast with the same (or more in the case of the 980) power draw. I'd say that's a loss for the 480.

Hitman, the 480 is performing about the same as a 980Ti, giving AMD the win in this game.

TW: WH the 480 hits about the same as the 980 if a little more for less power (as is expected with a new node) so it's hard to call but I'd say that's a win for the 480.

AotS: Hits about the same as a 980 so it is performing better for less power, that's a win for the 480.
guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-r9-rx-480-8gb-review,13.html

AotS: the 480 beats the 970 but falls short of the 980. I'd call that a win for Nvidia.
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10,4616-6.html

Did I miss any of interest?

>hoping that dx12 multi display adapter shit makes SLI/Crossfire more simple, and more devs will support it, and it would be more consistent across titles and between brands
>nope
>DX12 has like 4 modes for handling multiple display adapters
>SLI uses 2 of these, or nvidia sekrit sauce mode
>no idea about crossfire
>multi gpu setups are even more complicated than ever

this is gay. I just want to get 2 top of the line cards and have it not be shit.

>AotS: the 480 beats the 970 but falls short of the 980. I'd call that a win for Nvidia.
uh, how is that a win for nvidia when the 480 is lined up to compete directly with the 970 (and beats it)?

>uh, how is that a win for nvidia when the 480 is lined up to compete directly with the 970 (and beats it)?
Beating the 970 is to expected with a new node and technology. That's not a positive thing. It is almost arguably that not beating the 980 as well is not a positive thing as well but the 980 uses 20% more power and is the alleged performance target for the 1060 (using even less power). So if it only matches the 970 its a win for nvidia. If it is better than the 970 but worse than the 980 it is a loss.

This would be much easier once the independent 1060 reviews are out.

>When 490 is out in October

Keep crying about the future, AMcuck.

Do you not realise you're a meme?

Oh and October is bullshit too. There is literally no proof. Q1 2017 at the earliest for that broke-ass poo in loo company, if at all.

Nvidia are the BMW of graphics cards, they deliver quality, luxury devices across a range of price points. From supercars to city cars.

AMD are the dacia of GPUs, shitboxes for shit boxes.

>That whole comment is written by a retard

I'm honestly surprised the sauce isn't Sup Forums. Comments like that are the absolute backbone of gpu related discussion on Sup Forums these days.

>Vulkan isn't relevant
haha okay
t. DOOM

How is it not a win if it's cheaper and faster than the 970, which was -the- budget card for the past few years and still would have been

>not pooing in your mouth
It might seem awful to you, but everyone else enjoys it.

>How is it not a win if it's cheaper and faster than the 970
It is on a new node, and a much smaller node. It shouldn't even be in the same ballpark with the 970 at the same TDP. Just beating the 970 isn't a win, it just isn't a complete failure.

O-o-only absolute performance counts! Price is irrelevant.

In Vulkan and well implemented DX12 it runs circles around the 970

Vulkan game(s?) favor the AMD with a win in that game. But that's irrelevant to a point about DX12 games being somewhat split between AMD and Nvidia.

>he actually thinks intel/nvidia invented all of the tech we have today
If it weren't for amd, we would still be using 4gb ram on os, and sdram on graphics cards. Nvidia never even made anything, they simply bought up all the tiny companies that invented stuff and made it closed source garbage.

Every DX12 benchmark I've seen the 480 beats the 970 by a large margin

guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_rx_480_8gb_review,10.html
At 1080, the 480's alleged "stomping grounds," it is matched by the 970 in RotTR. That is a clear loss for the 480.

Remember the 480 is a cheaper card than the 970 and power where I live is absurdly cheap so I don't give a shit about tdp.

>results older than latest patch

This children is why sites need to retest.

I'm gonna have to secede rise of the tomb raider but 60fps is still a gold standard and the rest of the DX12 games see improvements

>Remember the 480 is a cheaper card than the 970 and power where I live is absurdly cheap
AMD could put it any price it wishes so I only consider pricing if it is not within a reasonable hierarchy and thus no bearing on its a comparison based purely on performance.

>I live is absurdly cheap so I don't give a shit about tdp.
Again, has no bearing on a purely performance comparison. However, it can be a source of noting whether or not the new architecture is any good by comparing it to another card with the same TDP, ie. it is reasonable to expect a 480 with its newer node, to draw less power (even at the same TDP) and easily outperform the 970. Something it only does some of the time.

>I'm gonna have to *concede
FTFY

Its funny how tomb raider (which now does run better on AMD) is the only DX12 game where Nvidia isn't completely annihilated. Even more amusing is its the only DX12 game with gamesworks.

Make of that what you will.

Eat shit rise of the tomb raider is leaving the USA

Really? What benchmark is set to replace it?

Angry Nvidiots (Vulkan) @ 2560 x 1440
AMD 460 - 60 FPS
GayTX 1190 Ti - 32 fps

Vulkan is not a DX12 benchmark. Are you saying you want to get rid of a benchmark merely because it doesn't favor AMD and replace it with one that does? Wouldn't that make the entire point of the review biased and thus unreliable?

Or perhaps you are merely having some sort of mental breakdown and posting about completely irrelevant shit?

AMD has just as many game related SDK as Nvidia

The gamecode is already threaded as you can see in the picture. The time spend optimizing the higher (8) core count is usually less as not as many people own it compared to a lower (4) core count.

Don't forget they also mainly developed GDDR5 and HBM

It's called a joke because of a typo buddy calm down

>at the same TDP
when will this meme stop?

Sup Forums doesn't even understand what TDP is, let alone how it actually applies to gpus.

>Donno why, they were the ones who pushed for async and had it in their older cards

It ruins their plans to gimp performance where dx12/vulkan can skip the gameworks shit. Not to mention giving the consumer too much performance is a bad thing. They want people to buy their shitty pascals and then volta

How was it used incorrectly in this instance?

The implication is that TDP is power draw, which it isn't. To the end user TDP is a completely useless metric as users are not generally replacing their coolers with 3rd party ones (like the arctic accelero). If you are replacing a card's cooling then TDP actually matters, but until that point its irrelevant.

Both AMD and Nvidia use TDP in marketing as its an easy way to not reveal actual power draw but make plebs think they have.

A card being both cheaper and faster than the card it's competing against is a win in my books

One word to describe this post: Fear

and they are all open source. AMD shares everything.

Pepsi will never be Coca Cola.

>>BMW
>>luxury car
Are you from some 3rd world country in eastern Europe?

AMD has just been failing over and over again. There is really no chance for them to compete with Nvidia anymore.

>60 million consoles
>all have AMD
>All AAA games port from them.

sure mate.

directx time is split up in 8 equally long time frames
why isnt game time split up in 4 or 8 equal time frame then?
>inb4 not everything can be paralellized

>inb4 not everything can be paralellized
It can, but that requires a lot of time which is money investment. That's why I said, the 4 core 'version' of the game gets the most optimazation time. Just like the game has to run on lower end GPUs, not just the highest tier, it's a hardware baseline.

This thread.

'WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! DX12/Vulkan is ruining my epeen scores! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!'

I think that pretty much sums it up.

I don't even understand why people are arguing about DX12.

My GTX 1070 has it. What's the problem?

nvidia develops shitty proprietary technologies that nobody wants and that get forgotten in 2 years

amd develops industry changing solutions and long-lasting open standards that benefit everybody

>What's the problem?
Nothing, AMD cards just benefit more from it. Everybody is sperging out about it.

Look at AMD's financial situation. They lose millions every quarter. It's a pretty dire situation for them right now.

AMD isn't going anywhere until 2020 when their debt has to be paid up.

So 4 more years of AMD, good to know. Not a good idea to buy their cards if you want any kind of support.

>nvidia develops shitty proprietary technologies that nobody wants and that get forgotten in 2 years
CUDA was developed in 2007.
It's the industry standard together with OpenGL (which in the last 5 to 10 years has been mainly developed by Nvidia engineers as well).

What AMD has done is add some of their Mantle meme code to OpenGL. OpenGL per lines of code contribution is still 80% Nvidia. Fucking live with it.

The funniest thing about this is - Vulkan will not get wide industry adoption any time soon, it's going to be a gaymore/mobile crap meme, so AMD is still for the most part fucked when it comes to selling to the big boys.

Enjoy having to buy a new Nvidia GPU every year costing $800+ because the old one does not support new features and is gimped to be slower than constipation after 12 months. Or maybe they go subscription based at $79.99 a month. But you get a free game. Only at signup mind.

Without AMD you would have no competition and only a monopoly that will price gouge it's customer base more than ever.

If AMD dies, Nvidia will get split up.

Would much rather have two Nvidias that can actually compete, rather than AMD who can't even do anything.

OpenGL was created by Silicon Graphics Inc in 1992. Nvidia never made any innovation other than tart it up a bit (more like fuck it up a bit).

Split into what? Tablet devision and GPU devision?

Surrrrrre! That worked well for UK British Telecom right? Oh no. It didn't. We still have a price gouging shit stain company that demands a ridiculous line rental fee for a bit of crappy copper wire that gives you 0.5mbps if you live out in the stix (if you are lucky). Oh and don't ever call them out to make a repair unless you are dead certain there is a fault as they will charge you £129.99 if they don't find any issue. Everyone is technically knowledgeable to know when there is an actual fault though right? That fiber to the home is coming along real swell too (sarcasm off).

It would have to be two GPU divisions for antitrust laws.

They can't compete with the same products against themselves.

Holocaust Victims Inc and Shekels for Kekles.