What is it about programming that you like?

What is it about programming that you like?

Other urls found in this thread:

neon.kde.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Making technology my bitch that do my bidding

pretty much this.

Dopamine rush when you solve a problem, while doing something that's actually productive, unlike drugs, which just fuck your shit up. So I just get high and code for the best of both worlds.

The problem-solving parts.

was going to say this OP

Was it autism?

any other answer would be unacceptable.

Making stupid videogames and visual effects. That's it. Programming as a whole doesn't remotely interest me otherwose.

Grow up, manchild

>videogames
Grow up, manchild

>videogames
:(

act your age, child man

a non-programmer spotted

>implying there isn't money to be made from making games

Get to feel like a wizard.
It's creative.
It's lucrative.

Other white collar jobs I see people do look very boring and soul draining by comparison.

>trying to get something to work for the longest time
>finally figure out what's wrong
>program works for the time being

It's the best feeling ever, it's a great dopamine rush.

I don't know exactly. From the moment I first heard of computer programming when I was quite young, I found it fascinating.
I guess there is probably an element of to it. Also , I guess.
Later on, I really wanted to program games, of course. But even divorced from the context of game-making, I always found the idea of programming interesting.In Jurassic Park, I thought Nedry's job making writing the code to manage the park sounded amazing.
Post a cool visual effect you've made? I love graphics programming, it's one of the most math-intensive programming fields.

Because I can (try) to make nice things with it. Things that hopefully, are useful and enjoyable for others.

It's also damn cool those times when some program doesn't do what you need/want it to, because then you can just make your own. Instead of being at the mercy of the software crafter gods, you're one of them.

Where can I subscribe to your blog?

Writing well-organized, correctly working source code that is concise, simple, and elegant.
I get hard as diamond thinking of how in-awe my co-workers are when they dip into my commits after spending hours in source written by our college interns.

not one thing

Can make stuff

I like building shit and seeing it become something I worked on.

I also like feeling accomplished when I overcome an obstacle, even it was for something really stupid.

I like the concept of creating something out of empty space, just by hitting buttons in my keyboard. And better yet, with a bit of physics and math, the creation can get even more amazing. Essentialy, .

Because I can destroy you with a java/android/web/.net malware anytime anyone annoys me

Creating abstractions.

I consider my job to be three things
>find simple ideas
>combine simple ideas into complex ideas
>form abstractions to make a complex ideas simple

Programming is mostly about designing interfaces.
The "solving problems" part is usually just re-using your existing abstractions into another idea

The "implementing" part is rarely needed. My language has a complete enough standard library that any of my code is just 2-3 standard algorithms with a few lambdas here and there.

I'm able to be at the computer and never interact with anyone face to face.

I can talk over phone but actually facing someone would tickle my autism and I wouldn't know how to behave desu

>programming for the money

I shiggy diggy.

Initially it was the problem solving part and the fact that you can create pretty much everything on a computer with the only requirement being a certain amount of your time.

It rapidly became unsatisfying, and lately I enjoy more the code itself than what it produces, kinda like Algorithms and implementation are always the same, what matters to me is how quickly, effectively and beautifully you tie abstractions together

What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.

My sides

Debugging. There's so much satisfaction in fixing something broken.

we need you over here at
neon.kde.org/

I like hearing/reading programming discussion, I like to read material, but I don't like coding.

The little I learned that I actually put to use is powershell/bash stuff. So in that regard, I like having a little more control over my computer.

I've never been good at art, so I've never really drawn or created anything.

With programming, though, it's sort of a similar process in which you slowly and meticulously begin to see your creation come to life. That, as well as the fact that what you create has the ability to make your life infinitely easier makes me really like it

/endblog

m-makes me feel l-less useless

STOP ALREADY

w-what?

Automating repetitive tasks

Nothing exists that does what I want to do (or does it shittily), so I make it myself

That feeling of accomplishment when you've solved a problem you've been working on for days

The code is pretty, especially when color-coded. I like making clean code that nobody will necessarily ever read. It just feels like I have made the world more orderly.

Doing debugging is also fun.

Gives me an excuse to crossdress desu.

mentally stimulates me, it's fun and helps me with my shitty self esteem and confidence (makes me feel smart and capable of doing things)

Shut the fuck up nobody cares about your robot fan fiction.

(I'm just kidding bby.)

The fat paycheck I get. I don't really care much about the act itself.

The power trip tbqh familia. Feels good knowing that I could have my personal botnet up and running just by pushing some shit to the company git.

well it's just about the only thing i've tried that I can do