What cheap cooler do you recommend for an i5 2500...

What cheap cooler do you recommend for an i5 2500? My computer was reaching ridiculous temps (98ºC when gaming) and I've decided to clean my box cooler and apply thermal paste. I'm a retarded man and accidentaly broke the plastic screws that fix it on the motherboard, so now I'm fucked.

I was recommended the tx3, do you know if it's good? Also, I live in a shitty country, so the more options the best because I may not be able to find it here.

Other urls found in this thread:

coolermaster.com/product/Lines/cpu-air-cooler/
techpowerup.com/reviews/SilentiumPC/Fortis_3_HE1425/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get the 212 Evo if you can, it's pretty much the best budget cooler.

Failing that, variants like the 212 and 212 Plus work also. Just make sure the model is compatible with your socket.

And yeah, a tx3 is fine.

There's a newer 212, take a look at that

What's the name? They don't sort them by date or anything on CM's site.

Get the True Spirit 120m if you have a narrowish case.

This

Check case dimensions first, cause they're big

I got a hyper t4 the other day since it's slightly smaller than the 212 evo and it fits my case a lot better. Have an fx 6300 OC'd to 4.3 ghz and under max load with prime95 open it never goes above 52C

Thanks for the replies. I've found the tx3 and a t4, the 212 is a little bit over my budget. I won't overclock or anything like that, so can I go with the tx3?

Didn't found this one.

In the website I'm gonna buy they are saying that is compatible with the i5 socket. Should I worry about that?

If you won't OC, even the stock cooler is fine (if loud). Grab the tx3 if you want a little quiet/lower temps.

coolermaster.com/product/Lines/cpu-air-cooler/
Check the specific model on CM's site for better info,including the size.

>i5 2500

just get another intel stock cooler

2500k + hyper 212 was probably the most popular build in 2011, it'll fit your mobo just fine, side panel clearance of your case and the height of your RAM (only a problem if you bought riced out heatspreaders) are the only issues

Mx5 thermal paste is good shit
>just apply a pea sized glob

If you don't plan on OCing, your stock cooler should be just fine. Just make sure you buy a quality thermal paste and replace what comes on there for sanity's sake.

Still, the 212 is really worth the money as a budget cooler. They're fuckhueg, but my Core i7 6700, running stock, runs at 20C~ idle and, at max, 40C~ under load.

It performs FAR better than the stock cooler.

>runs at 20C~ idle and, at max, 40C~ under load.
Either that thing is at full blast, you live at the south pole, or I overpaid for a big-ol heatsink.

>20C~ idle
>40C~ load
Is that difference between ambient and CPU or do you live in a igloo?

Couldn't agree more.

It even cools my 1055T clocked @ 3.50GHz.
30°C~ idle
46°C~ load

I couldn't find one to buy.

I'm bringing it to a TI guy to place it for me. I broke the screws in the stock cooler in the first place, so I won't risk making this kind of shit again.

The screws broke, so I can't fix the stock cooler properly. Also, my Ram is literally 5mm away from the stock cooler, so I think the 212 wouldn't fit in.

40C is a little low, sorry, closer to 45C.

My highs are identical to , howver, you'll see a min of 20C~ on most cores.

To clarify. Left is current temp, middle is Lowest Recorded Temp during session and Right is highest temp during session.

I could deliver some screenshots of my temps under load if I wouldn't be dumping a load myself.

>I couldn't find one to buy.
Arctic Cooling is the alternative for stock-cooling class heatsink+fan

TX3 is fine.
If you can get the T4 for a similar price, go with that. Don't stretch your budget for one, the TX3 is fine for a stock i5, but it might ramp up a bit under load, though not bad. The T4 just should be quieter since it's a bigger heat sink and a 120mm fan.

Check out silentium fortis if it's available in your country techpowerup.com/reviews/SilentiumPC/Fortis_3_HE1425/

>tfw live in tropical country and those temps are my ambient temps

Gammax 200 or 300

I have the hyper 212 on a i5 2500k and the fan died and I'm just using the heatsink with no fan kek. What fan should I buy to replace it?
Also I'm thinking of just buying a new system but I don't think skylake offers much improvement over sandy bridge? When is kaby lake coming out?

any suggestions for reducing this temperature a bit?
this is 5-8% cpu usage with firefox, but i full idle at 38c and id like to be lower

im currently running a pentium g3260 on a stock slim cooler with arctic silver ceramique

im guessing better thermal paste + better cooler in general

but im also wondering how AIO water coolers are?

also to note, i max out at 52c unless firefox bugs out and starts eating up muh cores, in which case i hit 60+

firefox is a shit

212x

get the cryorig h7, better than 212 when it comes to RAM clearance and it's only 30 buckaroos.

I like the D92, it's less of a pain to install than the 212 and looks better, too.

I think the cryorig H7 is pretty solid too. It's like 5 USD more expensive, but I believe it's better than the 212 evo

Xigmatec Gaia II

Cryorig H7 is better than the 212 or any cooler at its price. The fan isnt the best in the world in performance but registering it gives you 6 years of warranty and despite being sleeve bearing, its a diferent type with 150k of hours before failure. If it fails after 6 years just change it for a enermax pressure or whatever you want and be done with it.

If you want to stretch a bit the budget i suggest you the cryorig H5, but the ultimate with the big fan has ram clearing issues. The universal doesnt. Its only worth if you can get it for 50~ dollars. Despite its appearances it can dissipate a lot of heat. Again the fans arent the best but they are silent and with huge warranty and you can swap them later if you need. The cryorig radiators are top notch