Why is macbook shilled so much when there are clearly better alternatives, and better looking alternatives available?

Why is macbook shilled so much when there are clearly better alternatives, and better looking alternatives available?

first off, how is that better looking?

second, windows

third, support. apple repaired my cracked screen free of cost even though it was out of warranty

What are the better alternatives?

would consider it, if it was at least linux

>not using a yeelong lemote

That looks exactly like the laptop you'd see some stressed out middle manager clicking away on at 8pm in a Dunkin Donuts on a Friday night.

i don't care. it's small, light, has good 16:10 screen, with okay battery life.

> but user one usb port lol
i don't care, never connect anything other than it's charger to it

> but user it's slow
i don't care, it's not my only laptop. i have another powerful machine to do heavy things. like gaymen thing

> but user is overpriced apple shit lol
it depends.

heh this

and on microsoft outlook

>and on microsoft outlook
user with the assist

16:10 screen
OSX
What other laptops offer those? Remember you can always install linux on a macbook too so OSX + Linux.

because it's an APPLE product you fuckin 'tist -.-

>osx
Trash.

>can install other OS on macbook
Yeah with a shitty apple workaround that limits your hardware.

>Why is macbook shilled so much instead of this three month old laptop that nobody owns by a brand that's infamous for terrible laptops
wow I'll have to think about it

>HP
>Terrible

Pick one because this old trooper begs to differ.

>buy MacBook
>Install windows
>Profit

What workaround?

Because I bought a 10 year old macbook yesterday for $50 and it can do web, youtube etc
just as good as my 2012 Acer. and it still works like new 10 years later.

>AMD + HP
Must be blessed by god or something since the average lifespan of those things are at most 6 months.

You better be using Windows 10 on it instead of the archaic OSX 10.6. Fully supported with all drivers, pretty ironic how Microsoft supports Apple products longer than Apple themselves.

Can confirm. I had an HP DV6 with an AMD in it, holy fuck that thing was a piece of shit. I got it at a really good price in 2011 because it had a Bluray player, but it was slow as shit.

HP consumer laptops are literal garbage. Their Elitebooks and Professional laptops are actually okay, my wife has one from work that's relatively new. It's well built, but I emphasize, their consumer products are literal garbage.

It runs pretty hot, but this fucker refuses to die.

I've retired it to a multimedia machine around the home and got an atom netbook, but that HP has been one durable laptop and regardless what anyone says, HP will definitely be one of my future options to upgrade.

My asus t100ta is alright, but the keyboard is a little cramped and the touchpad is shit.
Also screen is a glossy reflective piece of shit

>since the average lifespan of those things are at most 6 months.
Not him but currently posting from a four year old HP SleekBook with the fan turned off because the AMD chip runs cool enough to not need it when I'm just browsing the web. I've tortured this thing and still it refuses to show any signs of age beyond not playing the latest games, which is impressive for such an old APU.
>HP will definitely be one of my future options to upgrade.
As with anything else, go with reviews for specific models, not brand loyalty.
>HP DV6
There's your problem. HP pavilion laptops are generally subpar with a few exceptions but the DV 6 specifically is infamous. Don't know why HP in general get so much hate for that as EVERY manufacturer has a cheap shit line. It's like calling every Lenovo laptop terrible because Lenovo make ideapads.

IdeaPad Y series is fine, it's the Lenovo B essentials line you have to watch out for.

>go with reviews, not brand loyalty
I know, that's why I said it'll be a future option. I never understood why they get so much hate, HP laptops work great with Linux too from what I've seen.

>IdeaPad Y series is fine
They've had their share of DV6s in the Y series too. Fried GPUs and the whole ultrabay slot thing are two memorable incidents.

But again, that's not to say that any line up as a whole is garbage, my point is that you need to look at individual models and not resort to brand loyalty which will screw you over.