Alright guys im going to be travelling to china soon for a few months and i will be taking my laptop...

Alright guys im going to be travelling to china soon for a few months and i will be taking my laptop, problem is due to my particular nationality the customs or watever will want to privatley inspect the files on my laptop by and will most definitley put a trojan on there to monitor me/ do whatever other things

is there a way i can somehow bypass this?

Putting a password/encrypting it is out of the question as they will force me give access to the laptop, if i dont they will confiscate it.

reinstalling windows once im in the country also wont work as i will need to put all my files onto a seperate drives and they inspect all forms of portable technology

What can I do about this Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

truecrypt71a.com/documentation/plausible-deniability/hidden-operating-system/
veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Hidden Volume
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TrueCrypt hidden volumes?

>TrueCrypt hidden volumes

Can I hide an entire operating system and later boot to it with this?

Put the data you don't want them to see on high capacity micro-sd cards. Smuggle them in like drug dealers.
(Yes, you have to put them in a condom and swallow them)

Just get a different hard drive for the trip and install Gentoo on it. The chinamen will have no idea what to do with it.

Why do you think you'll be getting so much heat?

>i will need to put all my files onto a seperate drives and they inspect all forms of portable technology
Dropbox, Google drive or whatever.

Once you get into Chink territory there will be malware that makes itself impossible to remove.

Better clone your system files onto a new one in a cheap laptop instead

Yes, you should be able to have one password prompt, and depending on the password you give it it will decrypt a different volume on the truecrypt drive and boot into it - see truecrypt71a.com/documentation/plausible-deniability/hidden-operating-system/ for example.

I'm not desperate enough to go that far

I was considering this but its taking a risk incase they actually know what they are doing

This has happened to every member of my family who has visited china ever since one of my cousins was convicted of conspiring with al qaeda and the fact that I belong to an ehtnic minority group based in china that are heavily opressed and are all considered potential terrorists

Why not put encrypted internal drive in checked baggage. Dummy clean drive in laptop. Switch them later.

hmm thus is very good, thanks for this but i remember reading about how truecrypt was compromised and that there was an alternate version, camt remember the name

VeraCrypt maybe? Not sure how much of the original features of TrueCrypt are there though.

If it was me I would:

- Backup all the files that I will want to access to on my own server.
- Come in to the country with a vanilla (empty) Windows install + a linux/windows iso on the hard drive + a usb stick
- Let them backdoor the laptop
- Install your OS with the USB once you're in country
- Download the files you backed up

>ever since one of my cousins was convicted of conspiring with al qaeda
Ayyyyyyyyy.
You'd better not go at all, son.

The only issue with TC is that if someone had physical access to your PC, they can use TC to get higher privileges.

veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Hidden Volume

don't take your laptop, buy one when you get there and download all your important shit via vpn
alternatively, don't go to fucking china, you idiot

Could be dangerous. They could investigate you for accessing a website outside China, and charge you for downloading malicious software "with the intent to disrupt the unity of the party".

Better to hide it and use plausible deniability as said.

He just wants his child rape videos in peace and privacy, just like any other Sup Forums user

>implying it'd just be malware
>implying they're not going to add hardware to it to spy on you

Seriously, just bring a disposable laptop.

>arrive at Chinese airport
>get touches by qt Chinese lady
>leave airport
Sucks to be a burger king I guess.

Nuke it now, install a fresh copy of windows and populate it with enough bullshit to look like it's being used.

After you cross the border DBAN it and install from a clean source. Such as a CD.

>blu blu my files

Upload them to the internet (encrypted). Download them once in the country. Have a VPN provider ahead of time to get around any firewall shenanigans.

That'll be $59.95 plus tip.

Your neighbor might be getting paid to reveal infidels and people who simply think the wrong things. Be careful in that shithole of a country.

Put important shit encrypted in the cloud, bring DBAN and preferred OS

or just hide them inside your shoes.

Bring a install DVD. Buy it somewhere and have the receipt

Its called veracrypt now. Truecrypt is long dead.

Why does the China need a trojan when the USA just uses no trojan?

i had a similar kind of situation with my macbook. i took out the disk drive. and threw another hard drive which i kept all my files on and left it inside but unplugged. they looked through the original drive and were none the wiser

bring a USB with you and install a new OS after arriving