3DMark DirectX12 benchmark

m-muh async compute!

>Today, Futuremark released its new Time Spy benchmark for the 3DMark suite, which is loaded with DirectX 12 features to put graphics cards to the next-gen test.

>Time Spy isn’t Futuremark’s first DirectX 12 benchmark; that honor goes to the API Overhead Feature Test released in March 2015. But the Overhead Feature Test merely measured draw call performance in DirectX 11 versus DirectX 12 (or the now-defunct Mantle). Time Spy is a full-blown benchmark composed of several subtests that factor into an overall combined score. It’s the DX12 equivalent of Fire Strike, basically.

>And it lets you test with asynchronous compute both enabled and disabled, which leads to some interesting insights. More on those in a bit.

>Better yet: Time Spy’s coming to all versions of 3DMark, including the Basic Edition that’s free for personal, noncommercial use. (You can download it on Futuremark’s site or by clicking the Download demo button on 3DMark’s Steam page.) Time to start your engines, folks—at least if you have Windows 10.

>The paid-for Advanced Edition of 3DMark (which offers additional features and benchmarks) is rising in price from $25 to $30 thanks to Time Spy’s inclusion, however. If you already own 3DMark Advanced Edition, you can purchase Time Spy separately for $10. But if you buy before July 23 you’ll be able to upgrade for $5 or buy the complete Advanced Edition for $10.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3095301/components-graphics/3dmark-time-spy-tested-we-pit-radeon-vs-geforce-in-this-major-new-dx12-benchmark.html
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=geforce gtx 1070&sprefix=Geforce ,aps,278
amazon.com/MSI-Radeon-RX-480-8G/dp/B01GX5Z4EM
amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1070-AERO/dp/B01GUAJMRU
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=980
overclock.net/t/1605618/nvidia-update-gtx-1080-1070-high-dpc-latency-and-stuttering
youtube.com/watch?v=uxnFv8cnjZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgot link
pcworld.com/article/3095301/components-graphics/3dmark-time-spy-tested-we-pit-radeon-vs-geforce-in-this-major-new-dx12-benchmark.html

So can someone tell me who won this gen???

Too early to tell. Vega isn't out yet and there's not enough DX12 titles to judge.

Lel, 480 is so far behind 1070, I think even the 1060 will beat it

hahahahah
fucking REKT

>A $200 card is behind a $500 card

You

Dont

tell

me

you mean a $300 card is behind a $380 card.

480 is being price gouged to shit because of the defective launch model and low yields, 1070/1080 are being price gouged to shit because of excessive demand which will normalize in a few weeks.

Yeah I mean AMD is just budget shit, only reason to buy one these days is if you literally don't have enough money for any Nvidia

>RX 480 beats OC'd 970 and 980
working as intended if you ask me

((futuremark))

is futuremark still relevant nowadays? I remember the old one 3dmark03 05 06 and vantage, I like to show my scoring on some forum lel.

>RX 480 beating GTX 980
>async doesn't matter guys!

also
>synthetic benchmarks from companies that take money from Nvidia

lol@AMDrone

got any proof of that?
post it here or your mom will die :)

And whats wrong with that.

980 performance for $200 seems good

>companies that take money from Nvidia
Lel, the usual cry of the fanboy. You got any proof to back that up or is it just denial and wishful thinking?

two years ago maybe

oh god lord my sides

>nvidia supports async through the drivers, rather than on the hardware itself

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=geforce gtx 1070&sprefix=Geforce ,aps,278

What else?

Maybe the 1080 is a $100 card somewhere in the internet?

>If you already own 3DMark Advanced Edition, you can purchase Time Spy separately for $10.
The fuck kind of jewing is this.

synthetic benchmarks are worthless

What games even require something more than a 970.

>inb4 4k and 144hz meme

Its not "synthetic" shit head its running a game engine.

are you bling or just poor?
>still on 1080p AND 60Hz
pathetic loser

>$300. Where the fuck do you people keep getting this number from?I can find it here in the EU for less than that which means that you can certainly find it in the US too.And prices are rising cause its sold out almost everywhere,which is impressive considering how much stock AMD had.

5K 29:10 Ultrawide @ 144Hz

3dmark isn't a charity and their benchmarks aren't made for free

if you don't like it why don't you go use the FOSS dx12 benchmark?

right after you get done fellating RMS that is

We're excited to announce that 3DMark Time Spy - our new DirectX 12 benchmark test - has been released on Steam. Time Spy is available now as a free update for all Windows editions of 3DMark, including the Steam demo.

Developed with input from AMD, Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and the other members of our Benchmark Development Program, 3DMark Time Spy is one of the first DirectX 12 apps to be built "the right way" from the ground up to fully realize the performance gains that the new API offers.

DirectX 12, introduced with Windows 10, is a low-level graphics API that reduces processor overhead. With less overhead and better utilization of modern GPU hardware, a DirectX 12 game engine can draw more objects, textures and effects to the screen.

With its pure DirectX 12 engine, which supports new API features like asynchronous compute, explicit multi-adapter, and multi-threading, 3DMark Time Spy is the ideal benchmark for testing the DirectX 12 performance of the latest graphics cards.

found the inelite and chinklong.

it is true 3d mark vantage is made for ati/amd back then( I remember sapphire sponsorship were there lol), after rx480 showing up and hd 7000 series beating nv 700 series suddenly some ((futuremark)) making amd look bad well pure ((coincidence))

Get a life, hit the weights, take a shower.

Get a clue

There isnt even a 4k 144hz monitor on the market you cuck

>benchmarks aren't made for free
The whole point is if you bought it first. It's not a separate product, they're including it in the original suite. However if you already bought the suite they're saying "fuck you, you can't have it".

3DM is a benchmark. You'll use it once, maybe twice a year unless you are running some benchmark review site. Almost nobody buys it and just uses the free version.

Charging for this to people who already bought the suite is really fucking scummy.

I bench 140 kg and do cycling
shaved, perfect haircut, gf, car, apartment and job I enjoy
nice projection though, amdpoor

the RX 480 is more than $500 currently because AMD hasn't shipped more since launch day.

amazon.com/MSI-Radeon-RX-480-8G/dp/B01GX5Z4EM

Meanwhile the price gouging on the 1070 is inching closer to MSRP, there are even a few on amazon for less than goyim edition pricing: amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1070-AERO/dp/B01GUAJMRU

>If you already own 3DMark Advanced Edition, you can purchase Time Spy separately for $10.
>Time Spy is available now as a free update for all Windows editions of 3DMark, including the Steam demo.
Which is it? Is it a free update for a $10 add-on?

Prove all with timestampos

>Vulkan, a graphics API, enabled
>on a benchmark which explicitly uses DirectX 12, a graphics API

This is from the Bethesda forums, for DOOM

it's faster than 980 which is where nvidia is positioning 1060.

Artificial benchmarks are irrelevant. Show me more test cases like DOOM.

wew lad.

I have a 750ti.

Should i upgrade to 1070 or wait for the new cards?

With this DX12 shitstorm all around i dont want my new card to be obsolete in 1 year

Uh huh

>announced as $200 ~ $250 card
>its being price gouged
>can't look anywhere but ebay and amazon for non-retailers
also
>$380
so the rx480 is price gouged to $300, but nvidias "msrp" stands correctly without being able to find retailers selling at that price?
you fucking shills are so easy to spot. its always one over priced rx480 you found on ebay or amazon by some unverified seller, vs the msrp of a card that hasn't dropped below $50 above msrp as of yet.

>amdboys call Futuremark, a neutral third party, shills for Nvidia
>while they themselves keep quoting fucking Ashes of the Singularity
TOP KEX

are you retarded? the 480 is being sold for $500 (which is more than price gouged 1070s), not $300.

Who the actual fuck buys tech from amazon?Just buy it from newegg or microcenter if you live in the states.And oh yea the 1070 is finally reaching its advertised price a decade after its release,still dosnt change the original point that the 480 is a 200-240 dollar card while1070 is a full $140 (at mrsp) more expensive.The 480 isnt meant to compete with it,that would be like the 380 competing with a 980

>I care about Futuremark synthetic benchmark crap

>found it on amazon from someone who bought a bunch and are selling them over priced
goodjob, compare scalper prices to retail.
$200~$250 is still the price, just because you can't find it doesn't mean its untrue, I literally saw them at a local Fry's yesterday for $240.

>Just buy it from newegg or microcenter if you live in the states.

480 is perpetually out of stock on newegg and microcenter is only in like one city, i wouldn't buy this AMD trash card anyway.

>And oh yea the 1070 is finally reaching its advertised price a decade after its release,

you mean 3 weeks after launch, which is pretty short when you compare it to AMD's paper launches (like the fury x being $1000 for all of Q3 '15 despite being worse than the 980ti across the board).

>,still dosnt change the original point that the 480 is a 200-240 dollar card

the 480 is a $350-$500 card with the performance of a $200 card.

Havent you fucking heard, the rx480 costs $600 and nobody buys a card for that money, even the 1070 is cheaper oh my god.
Now pack your stuff and buy the 1070 or 1080 and support nvidia. AMD should be bankrupt and dead so they would stop shitting all over the drivers with their async much feature.

>the 480 is a $350-$500 card with the performance of a $200 card.

Good goy

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=980

Let's see a pic of that chest then, Rocky
Don't forget the timestamp

?

the 480 is slower than a 970.

In germany its in stock and costs the normal price

XD

>buttblasted amdkeks

>Damage control

>I pay a fuckton more for 50% faster shit
>THAT MEANS I AM SUPERIOR

Gooooood gooooy

>Developed with input from AMD, Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and the other members of our Benchmark Development Program

Where is your god now fanboy?

Is that OC even stable, lad?

So, how many years of free full-featured DLC with your purchase would you be satisfied with?

I mean, jeez, you can still use the basic version of the new test for free.

>55575011

So the 480 really does beat the 980?
I'm for sure buying this card now.

There's a free version, and an advanced version with more settings.

Are you brain dead?I guess we should have compared the 1070 to the 1080 cause it was being sold at the 1080 mrsp.The Rx 480 is a 200-240 dollar card,to be fair I dont know of other major tech retailers in the states but here in europe you can still find the 8gb for €250-260 whic isnt a huge diference from launch prices.

1600mhz core/8000mhz vram

Yeah, it wants to keep voltage at 1.05 so it drops to 2100 or 2088 after a minute or so depending on the program.

Wait, you can use DX12 benchmark in Windows 7?

>system requirements
>Win 10 64bit

Fugg

No, blame Microsoft. This is like what Halo was for Vista

So for 250$ I get 80% of the performance of a card that's 200$ more expensive?

>$400 > $800
they actually did it, the absolute madmen

That feel when Halo 3 never came on PC and I still don't know how the story ends.

Too bad you can't play a benchmark

What are you? Casual?

>$800

too bad you can't play DOOM on your geforce gimpworks card

Next year for Halo 3 anniversary as a Play Anywhere title

wut

>mfw dx12

Now show me the microstutter graph.

How the hell did you get it to go that high tho? I get artifacts up the ass and driver crash when I try your numbers.

stutter, you say?

overclock.net/t/1605618/nvidia-update-gtx-1080-1070-high-dpc-latency-and-stuttering

Still worse than a stock 390

I think Polaris was supposed to really improve CF, and considering how well the 480 scales that appears to be true, so maybe microstutter isn't as horrendous as it used to.

Where's one to compare?

polaris wasn't intended for traditional CF, they want to push multiadapter in DX12/Vulkan

you're right, FPS only means so much when you exclude stutter
youtube.com/watch?v=uxnFv8cnjZA

>tries to shill on amd
>forgets to put the correct async enabled chart
>gets smoked
love how on every single charts they do have the overall score and on async enable its only the "graphics" score..
guess physics passing through compute pipeline regressing nvidia isnt something to show
kek

3dmark has always had extremely good multi-gpu scaling

actual games are never anywhere close

Its not like you can do anything to these cards, they're voltage locked. MSI gaming 1070 using evga precision x 16 pascal version, max power target 126%, 92 c temp target set to priority. Fan curve set around 70% at 55c. clock offset +245, mem offset +600. Rest is lottery.

DX12 multi-adapter has allowed up to 95% scaling so far. Modern APIs actually allow for proper parallel computing as opposed to legacy APIs like DX11.

Why the fuck are the AMD fans whining in this thread over these benchmarks? It doesn't show anything unexpected. AMD cards benefit heavily from async compute, 9xx Nvidia cards don't benefit at all. 1070 trashes everything AMD has to over with and without. Everything is as it should be.

I pity people who bought a 980 though.

>1070 trashes everything AMD has to over with and without
i would fucking hope a $450 brand new card would be beating old cards and a $200 card.

Considering old R9 200 cards thrashed Maxwell, this is indeed a surprise

a 370 thrashes a 780 ti now, the gimping is real.

so now synthetics are back on the table?
2 weeks ago they were out
kek

It's not gimping, it's a heavily AMD optimized title leveraging the hardware

But I will say that Kepler is aging like milk, and it's pretty sad. But actively being gimped? No, there's no evidence for that

DOOM is now a synthetic benchmark? Total War is now a synthetic benchmark?

Time to stop posting.

Only with Vulkan on, thankfully the game still plays well with OpenGL.

But yeah, Kepler cannot into next gen APIs.