Games and linux

How many of you would switch to Linux if games were fully supported?

>switch to Linux
I already use OS X + Ubuntu

>games

I'll say this one last time, bring adobe or corel Suite series and other work tools then you have the power to bring people over. Games are not that important they're are coming over little by little but I want tools to work with.

I switched to linux in 2003, but I've owned a PS[123] and a nintendo{64} during that time.
Video games aren't really a valid reason for inflicting windows on yourself.

>implying there is no dwarf fortress for GNU
What else you need, faggot? LoL?

>Playing video games
Are you 14 years old?

>when your own joystick is not fun anymore

Yep in a heartbeat. Not just video games, basically anything with decent video drivers. Android is awesome because of that.

>Android
As in the popular linux mobile OS?

I would. My wife likes mmos and shit so I gotta have Windows or else she gets whiney about me not playing games with her.

But Linux is impossible anyway. Even if every games was supported native on Linux which of the 600 fucking idiotic distros would they even be supported on? Its a clusterfuck in Linux land.

I'd love to switch and use Linux but with this madness it's not worth it. There should really be a major push to kill 90% of distros and consolidate work into shit that matters.

If you really want games that badly, just run a vm with VGA passthrough like I do.

I already did so

it has all the games i play

except for battlefield 3, which i would love to play on ubuntu

I bet your wife's son is disappointed in both of you

>if games were fully supported
I can't hear you over all the games I can play on GNU.

Oh, you mean if ALL games were supported. Funny you say that and you probably accept and defend exclusive console and PC titles and understand some platforms don't have everything something else does.

And by the way, you won't miss shit like Badlefield, Cawadootie, Dank Souls, and Metal Shit Solid. They're fucking garbage. And I'm not saying that because "boohoo I don't have them on GNU", I've fucking played them on other systems and they're absolute trash not even worth playing.

Yeah the one with hardware driver support as standard. With the Google play store as a repo that never goes down and just werks.

No, because Windows still has better software and drivers and third party support.

I would for sure but I need gayming

Witcher 3???

>I need gayming
kys

PC doesn't have any games.

The only PC exclusive this year is XCOM2, and that's not even an exclusive.

>piss-poor pseudo-RPG movie with shit controls and combat
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. They made the second one for GNU with some sort of wrapper around the Windows version, and it runs okay, but it doesn't save it or any of the other Witcher versions from being complete and utter shit.

I only play games that can run on free software like DOSBOX or a free as in freedom engine like gzdoom, eduke32 or Serious Engine. I'm actually content with that.

>Tech Illiteracy: The post

Game of the year, universal praise. Most mature game ever released. Uhuh well tell us user what do you pay that's soooo much better? ??

>video games
>mature
nice meme

>mature
>video game
Pick none, faggot

this to be honest
that and a few other casual games on steam have linux support. so honestly I don't care too much.

Because tv is sooo very mature. Big brother and csi raaaape aren't really my thing.

>video games are mature because tv isn't
What logic is this? Video games are not mature you dumbfuck

I already do
shit that doesn't run in linux just gets run in a vm like

>TV not being mature makes vidya mature
Wow, faggot, consume that large media cock down your throat, you illiterate potato who can't into common sense.

Witcher 2 and 3 are. That was my example. Also plenty of games do not have to be mature, they just have to be fun. They don't need plot or stories at all. Some are emotional rollercoaters because they can do what film cannot. Rez and ico proved that point when you were wearing short pants kiddo

I'll switch when the entire Cadence software suite is compatible, orCAD, PCB editor, Pspice, etc.

Bonus points if you get National Instruments software to be compatible as well.

Linux is not only shit for gaming but is shit for serious work as well. Only exception is all that black magic server voodoo.

>Witcher 2 and 3 are.
>all this other talk about video games

Oh look, it's the Sup Forumsedditor garbage thread again

Fucking kill yourselves

Op is about linux supporting games fag

it was a trap you dumbfuck, kys

Already switched 1.5 years ago.

I play most of my games in Linux. A few run in Wine, but most run natively. I also tend to prefer buying games that run natively nowadays.

I do have a Windows partition, but I haven't booted into that in a few months.

>I also tend to prefer buying games that run natively nowadays.
>I also tend to prefer buying games
>buying games

>Wanting to run non-free software
I'll be having fun playing OpenMW, Baldur's Gate II on GemRB, Doom, Quake, and The Dark Mod

(I realize that these don't have free assets, but that's far less important than free software)

Honestly you have to be extremely poor to not be able to buy games
I make fuck all and still buy games, while pirating music/tv/movies/anime

I would switch if fb2k was on linux

me

But that's what we play Sup Forumsidya to avoid doing. It would all be for nothing if he suicided

Jesus Christ
What happened to Sup Forums?????

Warhammer Total war as well.

I'm what way am I incorrect?
We had a thread just 2 days ago about steam being supported on Ubuntu but extremely difficult to get working on arch.

The distro madness is a serious flaw. And if you disagree feel free to make an actual point regarding the matter.

Either way as I said before...until Linux get consolidated into a more managable state there simply isn't any way to ensure much compatibility. And this sort of thing matters to end users.

If it weren't for Autocad, Visual Studio, Powershell, Exchange / AD / Sharepoint / OCIM tools, I still wouldn't go to Linux. I'd go back to Irix or Solaris.

Well, maybe not Solaris. Fuck Oracle.

>popular means it's good
I really don't get people who still believe this bullshit.

I already use Linux for normal computing and work, I only dual boot windows for games. If steam could get a Linux version for any new games that come out and some people could port some classic games I would wipe the drive immediately.

Still no software
Still a hobbyist OS

Yes. It's hard to pretend I'm a little girl without geimus. They sustain me.

>Diablo II in Wine
>a literal 16-year-old game

>HEH, LINUX HAS GAMES U KNOW :)))

this, all the good creative tools are locked to paid OS.

I switched to Linux in 2008. Video games never played a factor in my os because Id rather watch movies. I might switch to gaming if Linux fully supported them.

I would never switch. If you know how to actually use windows then you'd find no reason to. Staying on 7 forever~

>but extremely difficult to get working on arch.
I wouldn't say pacman -S steam is mentally challenging.

These video game addicts that trade their privacy and freedumbs are pathetic.

Once they get gpu passthrough working perfectly on VM's, then I'll switch.

Lmao, you realize video games are allowed to be mentioned on Sup Forums, you autist? Go to reddit if you need a safespace.

>being this mad that you return to the same thread multiple times to express your displeasure

Witcher 2 runs on linux natively, senpai.

Aww look, Sup Forumsirgin manchild is mad. How's life at mom's basement?

I'm glad you like my OC though

>changing one thing and calling it OC

It's not your OC.

Everyone my man, i have it on my thinkpad just because i dont use that thing for gaming, my main rig has W7.

Aww, so cute. Did mommy help you with that reply, manchild?

I would switch to Linux if the Adobe suite was supported. That's really all that's holding me back.

>this picture
What the fuck is the matter with you?

Thanks for letting me know I managed to trigger you. Looks like I did something right.

YOU'RE ON Sup Forums
How can all you faggots go around hating "muh gaymes" when you're spending your free time on this website? There is no way that this isn't more of a waste of time than games.

So when are you going to switch to Linux?

How do you make a VM with VGA pass through?

>Look mom! We did it. I'm such a master trole XDDDD

doesn't that need 2 GPUs?

Obviously, Sup Forums is far more sophisticated and mature than those childish vidya. After all, we say "faggot" around in these here parts. It doesn't get any more mature than that.

>i was only pretended to be retarded

>was only pretended
Woah calm down, manbaby. I can hear your heavy breathing over the internet.

Take your time and think before you fuck up your grammar. There's no rush to save yourself from your embarassment. It's okay to be a basement dweller so long as you except your lonely death

>embarassment
>on an anonymous image board

where do you think we are, reddit?

Dude I fucked a woman today.

All of the distros are functionally equivalent.

The WORST case is that you have to pack all of the libraries with the binary when moving it to different distros a.k.a DLL hell.

Your mother-son masturbation session won't count. We all know you do it for your Good boy points
or or whatever, not like there's any difference

>Manchild_rekt += 1;

You know you wanna be the team panties....c'mon you know you wanna.

>fnah fnah, my tastes are too high-brow and sophisticated to embrace such a puerile hobby!

t. faggot on a Malaysian needlepoint forum

And Adobe REALLY wants to welcome GNU/Linux badly with it's creative cloud series but don't want to because they don't know which distro which left me puzzle as to why they say that. Since Android has Photoshop express they can at least beef that app up and bring it over to GNU/Linux OS's. At least give them something to use.

I use two GPUs, but many people use integrated graphics and a dedicated GPU.

Snibiddy snab :-DDDDDDDD

I already have user :^)

How hard was getting vga pass through working? What versions of Windows and Linux are you running? What are the cards? Does what slot the card is in matter for vga pass through to work? Is pass though Nvidia friendly? Currently have a 980ti and was thinking of getting a passive gt710 or something.