Notice that my storage space is rapidly disappearing

>notice that my storage space is rapidly disappearing
>see that Google Play Services is storing 10 GB of data
>delete it
>watch as Google Play Services is generating data endlessly at a rate of about 0.5 mb per second

Who else fell for the Android meme?

give ios a try and youll know how valuable android is. App performance wise, yeah ios wins that but other than that, ios is fucking terrible.
So be happy youve got android, just look the problem up, pretty sure curry niggers have a solution for it on xda

X2

>watch as Google Play Services is generating data endlessly at a rate of about 0.5 mb per second

This is not normal mate

Well.. just the fact that it lags should be enough for anyone to realize how shitty it is.

sounds like you got hacked by moot

There is no solution. I've been searching and only found stuff that was semi-related.

It only happened after I installed a new app (guess which one). It doesn't have anything to do with it running though, even if nothing else is running the "Total storage" of the Google Play Services app just keeps rising.

This!
/thread

But

what the fuck this is an identical problem I just had but my phone completely locked up when play services filled every Mb (topping out at about a gig)

I went to sleep and woke up to it filled again.

I just formatted the whole fucking phone a few days ago and it hasn't returned

This is normal. 10Gb is not.

OP here, I think I fixed it by making the location tracking only go through GPS. The second I did that, my phone cooled down like a motherfucker.

It would also explain why Pokemon Go was what set it off.

I still gotta see though, it might grow again.

>installing botnet
You deserve what happened to you shitter

Google Play Services
version 9.2.56 (238-124593566)

Storage
Total 229MB
App 130MB
Data 99.59MB

OP here again, I can confirm that this worked.

Google Play Service's data is no longer growing, it stopped at 54mb

What the fuck, sure Android sucks and wastes your resources and is shitty and nobody should use it and ... but what the fuck is going on your phone?

>App performance wise, yeah ios wins that but other than that, ios is fucking terrible.
What is there "other than that"? If your shit doesn't perform well, being able to tweak your homescreen won't fix it either.

200mb is bit heavy too, what does it even store?

just install CoreGMS, CoreGMS is FOSS and works with most of everything, pretty sure it would work for Pokemon GO, personally I wouldn't install such a marxist piece of software like Pokemon GO as it is directly linked to the CIA

> marxist
> directly linked to the CIA
May I have some of the stuff you smoke?

>Directly linked to the CIA
The developer of Pokémon Go, Niantic, Inc., was founded by John Hanke, who previously received funding from the CIA’s venture capital firm In-Q-Tel to develop what eventually became Google Earth.

In-Q-Tel was once described as an “independent strategic investment firm that identifies innovative technology solutions to support the missions of the U.S. Intelligence Community.”

It’s easy to see why the CIA would have an interest in the software behind Pokémon Go; the game utilizes the player’s camera and gyroscope to display an image of a Pokémon as though it were in the real world, such as the player’s apartment complex or workplace bathroom.

Software like that could theoretically turn millions of smartphone users into ‘Imperial probe droids’ who take real-time, ground-level footage of their cities and homes, reaching into dark alleyways and basements which spy satellites and Google cars can’t reach.
>Marxist
simply because it is sharing all of your data with Google which is marxism, your private data is public.

>Marxism
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

>I do not think

fucking stop calling everything a meme.
fuck.

I don't like the CIA either but yes, maybe you should try to think and educate yourself before using big political words.

the person you just replied to wasnt the person you were trying to talk to, that would be me, the original user of the word marxism.

Okay fair enough, this is a quote from The Princess Bride

fuck some people are dumb.
marxist??? wtf go to wikipedia and look it up. shit, actually try to learn something for a change.

the cia couldn't give two shits about pokemon. yes they could request the positional data for it but it's already available if they want it.

exactly!

Block it with AfWall when you don't need it.

Clear Play Services and Play Store cache and data.

So basically Pokemon is polling location at a high rate, Google Play Services stores everything locally until it sends it all to Google at some time interval, Pokemon made the location data grow quicker than Google Play Services could send to Google and your storage kept filling up.

Does this happen on iOS?

The app is over 100mb itself.

Interesting

Call me naive, but why would that data be sent to google at any point?

Is it just a plain, flat-out botnet service running?

this os is the real botnet

no because it's not a botnet

they'll give 3 letter agencies access to your shit only if you're doing something suspicious

>>>/infowars/

>10 gb
U wot?

Thanks for posting this. Mine started doing the same damn thing and I couldn't find anything via Google. Thought I was going crazy.

My phone is just a cheap LG Tribute with 1.5 GB of available space. It cost me $40 at target six months ago. The bloatware took up most of the space. I installed two apps and Google Play Services jammed up the rest.

I think in my case it's my fitness tracking app. I've turned off syncing and it seems better. Still, why is Google Play Services such a piece of crap that it can't tell you which app is grabbing all the space?