Ignore the AMD vs Nvidia threads, the biggest shills are YouTube phone reviewers

I have only had three smartphones. A Blackberry Curve, an LG Optimus G, and an HTC One M9. I have also had used an iPhone 6s for a little while.

A week ago I bought a Nexus 5x for $200 new for use with Project Fi and I feel like I have been scammed by watching phone reviews.

The iPhones and latest high end flagships constantly get praise for "premium builds" and "600 PPI", while justification for the price gets ignored.

Compared to my M9 (which isn't as highly favored, but almost identical to the M8) the Nexus 5x is a better phone in almost everyway.

Every reviewer said the screen on the 5x is poor (1080P IPS), and it's not. It's the best phone screen I have personally used. If it's not Quad HD and AMOLED (which IMO isn't worth the burn in) it's considered bad.

Every reviewer said it was slow. One particularly said it was too slow to use Maps, Spotify, and take a photo at the same time without lag. Constantly did they bring up that it had a Snapdragon 808 and 2Gb of RAM instead of the essential Snapdragon 810. My 810 based phone (M9) overheated, was slower, and used a lot more battery.

Then the build quality. Apparently if a phone has plastic on it, it feels bad in the hand. Ignore the fact that it is ridiculously heavy, will fall harder, and transfers heat to your hand easier. Once again the plastic body on the 5x feels better than the metal on the M9 (the m9 actually cut me before too).

I could keep on going, but you get the point. The only two things that this phone is missing is the Stereo speakers and the IR blaster, everything else is better, and for ~$400 cheaper.

I am never buying a high end phone again when mid range budget phones work better, are more practical, and save money.

The Nexus line is always da bes, imo. They never look as good on paper, but they're always a pleasure to use and bought for relatively cheap. My only complaint is that my 5X doesn't have a removable battery or storage. I would've definitely paid more just to have those features added.

seriously,. how do you become a paid shill?

How's the battery life? only thing keeping me from getting it, honestly

Dont post on Sup Forums and go out and male something of yourself.

Cause no one gives a shit about what some neet on an anime board thinks.

Otherwise AMD would be the best

At work, I have to kill a lot of time so I watch movies, YouTube, browse Sup Forums, etc for roughly 6 hours out of my 8 hour shift, and I usually don't have to charge my phone for a few hours after I get home so it's not bad. Could probably be better, but I had a Nexus 5 before this and it's much better than that.

Yeah, this. Typical screen on time before needing a charge, OP?

To be fair, it used to be a lot slower and google fixed that back in march.

>people don't like my shitty phone
>go on Sup Forums to bitch about it

What do you do for a living where you get to fuck around for 8 hours?

The only phones worth buying are chink phones. Nexus phones are shit unless you value the ROM community above all else.

An user from Poland said he got his shilling job from an ad that only said it was a work at home job.

I work at a factory where my job is to start a machine, watch it run, then stop the machine. I have to do some accessory tasks but that usually only takes a couple of hours out of the whole night. $13.50/hr to shitpost. :^) I'm at work right now.

Mind if you take a pic of your machine? Also, how do I get a job similar to yours?

I won't take pictures due to paranoia, but it's just luck. Most factory jobs are production based and fast paced and there's a supervisor breathing down your neck the whole time. Honestly I expected this job to be the same, but nope. No one really cares as long as the work gets done. I'd complain about the pay, but I got this job out of highschool so it kicks the shit out of fast food or retail. I don't know what to tell you, user. Find some friends who can get you on somewhere similar.

Thanks for the advice, I was just looking for a semi decent job until I finish teachers college.

One day on constant lte, more on wifi

>Every reviewer said the screen on the 5x is poor (1080P IPS), and it's not. It's the best phone screen I have personally used
that's because they're used to oversaturated colors in other phones. Screen measurements by Anandtech tell you it's the best calibrated IPS screen in a smartphone.

Also, the YouTube phone reviewers defend shitty phones by LG too.

>1 day of screen on time in a nexus
>implying

Normies prefer saturation/vibrancy over accurate colors. It's why Samsung phones that are capable of accurate colors have it off by default.

>Normies prefer saturation/vibrancy over accurate colors
yeah, but you'd expect the tech reviewers to be used to accurate calibrated screens.

Anyone can be a journalist now. This includes clueless idiots.

Chinkphones are starting to shine though

I think I'm gonna buy one of these. I'm just a little worried about USB type C. People have complained that it draws too much power from laptops and wall adapters and can fry your device. I think I'll just stick with official google cords that have been tested.

> (OP) (You)
>I think I'm gonna buy one of these. I'm just a little worried about USB type C. People have complained that it draws too much power from laptops and wall adapters and can fry your device. I think I'll just stick with official google cords that have been tested.

I have used the cords from a Hi8 Pro and the bundled one. But for sure do not skimp out on the cords, if you buy a cheap one it can cause problems.

And for screen on time I can't really say. I plug mine in before it gets low. I can say it charges faster than my m9 with a Qualcomm 2.0 quickcharger which was rated at 2.5a, this one is 3a.

Google Benson Leung. He works for Google and tests different cords to see if they comply with the USB Type-C specification. Anything he recommends is safe to use.

Is it even still worth getting? The next one releases in 2-3 months.

meant for

The battery and sturdiness are the only pros though. A review from a small local website said the actual call quality was pretty bad and that the phone was in fact pretty slow, which isn't weird considered it's running a 1ghz processor.

GSM is almost nonexistent in the Southern US. I wouldn't mind a Xiaomeme, but I'm stuck with Sprint or Verizon.

>
>meant for
>

The 32gb has been on sale for $250, I would definitely say get it.

I know, I'd buy it if they made a pro 6 inch model with at least mtk6753 and 3gb ram with a 1080p screen though.
Also better call quality and camera.

That's not the only chinkphone out there though, and they're putting local sold phones to shame.
Or, at least they are for Aus...

It's a shame Google doesn't believe in expandable storage.
Although, getting 32GB at the price point (and having constant Android updates) makes it better than HTC or Samsung IMO.

So should I get an xperia X or wait for sailfish

I'm waiting for sailfish, sony phones seem to have all manner of issues

What is wrong with current x line

>Compared to my M9 (which isn't as highly favored, but almost identical to the M8) the Nexus 5x is a better phone in almost everyway.

Stopped right there. The M9 was a hot mess (lel) but it was better than Google's 2015 bottom-of-the-barrel phone.

> (OP) (You)
>>Compared to my M9 (which isn't as highly favored, but almost identical to the M8) the Nexus 5x is a better phone in almost everyway.
>Stopped right there. The M9 was a hot mess (lel) but it was better than Google's 2015 bottom-of-the-barrel phone.

It's literally an M8 with an 810 in it.

Buy the oneplus 3
6gb ram costs nothing

I have this phone, coming from m7
What I don't get is the reviewers shitting on build quality, the plastic feels good as fuck. Also the fingerprint reader is very convenient and I could go on with how much improvement over the m7 this was for me. The battery could be slightly better but it's not bad, I get 2-3 days between charges with my usual use.

First one that mention the burn in problem on amoled. Definitely won't buy an amoled display because I want it to last at least 3 years

Owner of a M9 here.
I never had any issues with the phone, chose it because it looked the best among other smartphones.

N5 has 5 hrs screen time or so