What the actual fuck is this shit. Discuss

What the actual fuck is this shit. Discuss forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/07/14/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-new-monthly-charge/#73a6c7bddfab

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/07/12/announcing-new-subscription-options-for-windows-10-and-surface-for-businesses/
ecis.eu/documents/Finalversion_Consumerchoicepaper.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Enterprise has ALWAYS paid yearly/long term bulk licenses rather than individual licenses you moron.

Seems they're now they're paying monthly

No shit you fucking stupid cunt
See thisAnd they are planning to do this to consumers eventually.

Cheaper for smaller corporations so they don't have to pay lump sums. More stable income for MS. Somehow I doubt they'll get rid of older licensing method and keep both.

No they aren't you illiterate fucking retard.

>paying for OS

it's like Sup Forums turned into the special Olympics of tech.

Fuck off you drooling moron.

>le windows 10 is the last version of windows meme
Wow these fuckers are spreading misinformation.
Microsoft themselves will stop Windows 10 mainstream support in 2020, and will stop supporting it altogether in 2025, just like how it is with all versions of Windows
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
I cannot believe these retards did not fact check or corroborate their article. Fucking idiots.

>at this stage

>Microsoft COULD charge $10,000 per day to use Windows, that means they WILL!

This is how retarded you sound.

>article author's words

Are you fucking retarded?

Am I retarded for thinking Microsoft plans to fuck everyone's over just like it did time and time again? Hmm!

Thanks for confirming my question.

No problem pal.

what will happen to my pirated Enterprise LTSB N?
will I have to block all updates to prevent it from turning into money-grabbing system?

Just like they fucked everyone over with Office 365 and then released the standalone Office 2013 and Office 2016 right?

>FUK M$!!! deyr evul!! Dx

Go shill your FUD article somewhere else.

No, like they fucked everyone over for multiple decades creating and abusing their desktop monopoly that still continues to cause damage.

ok kid

Kek, is that why they were trying to force install this on everyone

>MS tells me my Win 10 requires monthly fee
>okay
>reinstall Win 7
>no fee
wow it's fucking nothing

They're going to offer the new sub model for smaller corporations that would benefit from subs rather than lump sum license agreements. So both will exist and existing licenses will remain unchanged, basically exactly the same as Office365/2013.

The full info is here without the hysteria clickbait article:
blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/07/12/announcing-new-subscription-options-for-windows-10-and-surface-for-businesses/

>Windows 10 Enterprise continues to be available through our regular licensing programs and is part of our newly-announced suites Secure Productive Enterprise E3 and E5 launching later this year.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>Somehow I doubt they'll get rid of older licensing method and keep both.

They will just stop support or older licenses as time goes

Yes to sucker punch them with this shit

Well shilled Rajeesh!

oh, it's okay then
thanks

we have dedicated hourly audiofile threads.. yea this is a tard convention.

/thread

How did Forbes go from being a respected business magazine to publishing clickbait all the time on their site?

Like anytime I search anything, from vidya to some other niche shit somehow Forbes has made it's way top of results on Google with poorly written clickbait shit.

ITT: Sup Forums can't read articles

So basically:
>windows enterprise has new sub model
>in addition to regular enterprise licensing
>some new surface licensing
>hololens wankery

Forbes:
>focus entirely on windows having a sub model
>MS rep confirms it's only for enterprise
>author writes entire 90% rest of article on how bad it could possibly be for consumers

It would appear that Microsoft is committing suicide.

It's mostly just a handful of kids memeing hard about their "arch nemesis" and interpreting everything as bad as possible and making up intentions in their deluded fantasy world to justify their rage. They literally said the same thing about Office 365.

>people who dislike Microsoft are kids
>adults of course have forgiven decades of abuse and are spreading their buttocks for new doses of Microsoft

ok kid

Keep calm and take your Ritalin.

That does not make your argument any stronger.

>Microsoft
>Competent

That's actually fucking great for small businesses, the Volume Licensing Service is a god damn nightmare for them.

You have no argument besides memeing hard.

>rabid M$ hater runs out of arguments
>starts dumping his "i HAET M$!!" folder
y u mad tho?

Decades of monopoly abuse by MS are a fact. A natural reaction to every new development from Microsoft should be skepticism, not acceptance.

It's not even a new development. It's literally the Office Sub/Full model brought to Windows.

Of course it is.

ok kid

Show me on the Thinkpad where Uncle Bill touched you.

Doesn't help your argument.

I don't need to further reinforce my facts when you have no argument at all.

>Decades of monopoly abuse by MS are a fact. A natural reaction to every new development from Microsoft should be skepticism, not acceptance.
You're yet to challenge this. All you've posted so far are weak attempts at personal insults.

nice FUD thread you fucking imbecile

I don't need to challenge your delusions.

If I remember correctly, when Microsoft was rolling out those free Windows 10 upgrades, they were telling people it was a lifetime license, and that those particular computers would not need to pay for subscriptions when they were rolled out.

That said, I personally don't care, and am quite glad I switched back to Linux.

My "delusions" are publicly acknowledged and well documented.
Here's one from ECIS for you: ecis.eu/documents/Finalversion_Consumerchoicepaper.pdf

ok kid

Top kekkles

I DON'T CARE ONE WORD VIDEO GAMES

>it's an anti windows FUD thread

>the people posting this FUD probably have netflix, spotify or Sup Forums subscriptions

>windows should be free while everything else isn't because muh communism and muh loonix

>enterprise always paid subscriptions

>crooked company convicted by international courts many times
>"FUD"

>what in the actual fuck is this shit?
Clickbait.

They threw away their original business model, so it's either going to be subscriptions or ads.

>Cheaper for smaller corporations so they don't have to pay lump sums.

Also, easier for larger corporations to write off continuously.

yeah, pretty much

anyone who thinks otherwise is just delusional/in denial

they'll go on to claim they totally expected it and are fine with paying a monthly fee to use the OS come this time next year

They had a monopoly on Linux being crap and communism being a failure.

I am, at this very moment, training a character-level LSTM network that determines how much sense a sentence makes. Your post is getting an extremely low score.

Fuck off moron.

>samefagging this hard after you got BTFO

If you had 4chanx installed you'd know that it's a different person joining the discussion.

You're still to respond to , by the way.

This. Smaller monthly payments frees up cashflow for more urgent needs.

• Enterprise only
• This 'subscription service' started in 2014. This is not even new.
• It is in addition to the perpetual license purchase option.

Are you implying the free upgrade push was a Microsoft charity, even though it destroys their main business model?

It's more likely people are going to have to pay after a year of free windows.

Or ads.

>even though it destroys their main business model?
This is how we know you're fucking retarded. People who actually bought upgrades rather than an entire new PC are in the fractions of fractions of percentages.

>rabid M$ hater still raving on b-b-b-but they COULD!!!!111
>M$!!!!!!
>i said M$!!! with a dollar sign OMG DON'T U GET IT?!?!?!

You're the only one using dollar signs; while ignoring posts with actual valid criticism towards MS.

>your delusional rage induced hallucinations
>valid criticism

They're going to need to compensate the $100 per home users they gave a free upgrade to make the free upgrade a viable thing to do for them. Please tell me how they're going to do this.

Here:

fuck your forbes link faggot,i cant open it with adblocker(even when disabled)

>wanting to read clickbait

Just read the actual source.

Fuck Microsoft, worst company in tech by far, Google is x1000 times better than Microsoft and that's saying something, Google is for globalisation. Install GNU, a reliable Operating System that won't give you this shit

Well shilled.

But you still haven't answered the most important question:

>Google is x1000 times better than Microsoft

No it isn't.

Google already has a ton of subscription services.

nigger just because Bill Gates uses a reliable laptop doesn't mean it is to be abandon, I mean shit, Bill Gates isn't as bad as he was as a person before.

See, Google atleast makes FOSS stuff, Android is a ****decent**** creation as it is mostly FOSS but they still dominate shit with Google Play and other evil shit and do evil surveillance, but atleast they haven't done what Microsoft has done.

>enterprise only
Nice FUD you mouthbreathing freetard

>Enterprise Only

what is this

>Google is x1000 times better than Microsoft
Uhh
>Google is advanced evil
>Google is advanced stupid

Anyways thread topic wise who cares if MS charges money for business use? I've yet to see a company that doesn't charge for support at the least for enterprise or business in general. Will MS eventually charge consumers a sub fee eventually? Sure, why not as the micro transaction/subscription model is still alive and kicking. We'll see what happens when the time comes. I've already stayed on Win7/Ubuntu anyways since I dislike Win8/10 more than I did Vista. Waited for Win7 SP1 before I bothered to switch. XP x64 was actually fast as fuck but lacked drivers. Oh well.

Well, I bought my copy of Windows 10 so if they start charging me for it I will legitimately have something to complain about.

Doubt they're going to charge you again on purpose. I'd bet they'll do something to keep consumer versions free or mostly free to combat piracy. The hook will be transactions like any other these days for games or mobile apps.