I've already been thinking of returning my 1080 for a 480 and this bench encourages me even more

i've already been thinking of returning my 1080 for a 480 and this bench encourages me even more.

dual 480's in cf come out cheaper than a 1080 and rapes the 1080 hard.

also it does appear that pascal does indeed have async improvements. pascal actually receives a boost in performance. while maxwell clearly doesn't benefit. it either gains no boost or has a slight decrease.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=4c35c3b2e6556a2005d3875fdac68178&t=399547
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

6.8% boost for the 1080 with async on but that 8.5% for the 480 and near 13% for the fury x.

nice b8 m8 8/8

I've been thinking of returning my Suzuki Bandit for a pair of roller skates.

the 480 is actually a better value. even two are a better value over a 1080.

with dx12 and vulkan being the future and most new games coming out this year and next are going to be dx12 / vulkan titles, amd will actually have dominance.

ignoring the obvious bait and the obvious stupidity of this, no you shouldn't.
you're basing it on a simulated workload that scales perfectly. Get any other test that doesn't scale at all, and the 1080 "rapes" the 480 "hard".
you're left at the mercy of AMD or the game developers (lol) to have a xfire profile.

sure ;)

>mfw dx12

If you can afford a 1080, just keep it. XFire is not worth it.
This from a guy that bought a 380X within a week of release.

while nvidia sucks dick, thinking about returning a card because of a synthetic bench is fucking stupid.

now if you take doom into consideration then its something else, the 480 actually gets a 45% boost in 1440p.

so dual 480 in doom should be about 35% faster than a 1080

If you're being serious, you probably got hit in the head pretty hard recently.

480+480=960
960 < 1080

AMD shills buttfucked again

Crossfoot of 7990 = 25
so basically:

it got fixed in drivers you nvidiatard, if anything you should complain about shitty amd prices and how bad rx 480 oc

What kind of numbers should i get with a 1080 and playing vanilla wow in 4k

>dual 480's in cf come out cheaper than a 1080 and rapes the 1080 hard.

Dual 480's in Crossfire doesn't rapes 1080, it does on Multi-adapter (That can be used on vulkan and dx12) that provides way better scaling than Crossfire that was used on opengl and directx 11 or older.

So if you want to play games without dx12 or vulkan support keep the 1080 but if you only want to play dx12 / vulkan titles a 480 crossfire should be a good choice (or maybe the 490 when released) the only "inconvenient" is losing gameworks, but i hope it will be less relevant on future titles.

Timestamped pic of you squatting on your graphics card or fuck off, Pajeet.

>tfw 290
>can't use newest AMD drivers as it breaks Mantle, so I lose muh fps in BF
w-will BF get Vulkan?

no, if you want to use latest drivers you'll need to keep an old amdmantle64.dll (from a working driver) inside the bf4 folder so bf can use that instead of the new broken one.

so I can use new drivers if I copy the old .dll file and just add it back in?

i'm using the latest ones but i'm using the mantle dll from an older driver.

Put it inside the battlefield folder next to where the exe is and it should be fine, if you just need the dll there's a post on guru3d with all the dlls of older drivers here: forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=4c35c3b2e6556a2005d3875fdac68178&t=399547

>the 480 in CF rapes the 1080 hard
>only a couple games actually support CF
>in those games, you get massive micro stuttering
>you're consuming an ungodly amount of electricity and you've turned your PC into an inferno while doing it

Time Spy uses very little async compute. If Nvidia cards can't handle it, they didn't use it.

>async compute meme
Nvidia has resolved their async compute "problem". The 10xx cards can do it just fine.

They can emulate a little software side, but that's about it.

Both sli and crossfire is such a crapshoot I have just given up on trying it.

Muti-adapter seems to have proper scaling.

>quantum break
>6700k @ 4.5 ghz

Could that have something to do with those frametimes?

problem is doom doesn't support multi gpu.

dx12 / vulkan changes everything. fixes a lot of problems sli and crossfire had.