I bought an i7 Surface Book

I bought an i7 Surface Book.
How badly did I fuck up?

Can you install Gentoo on it? If so install Gentoo.

Welcome to the future.

I don't think I can get a laptop that doesn't have a 3:2 display ever again.

Who knows, you're one of the few who did. Tell us how it is.

i dunno
you tell me

I wonder if 3:2 will make a comeback.

>I wonder if 3:2 will make a comeback.
Inches or centimeters?

16:9 is the dumbest format there is, literally the only reason why every device has it is because of 16:9 movies. 3:2 is the perfect format

How about my gayman'?

>Surface book
>fucks up any surface you use it on

Retarded or mentally handicapped?

> 3:2
> perfect

Fuck off retard

16:10 is better

>$2000< device
>the only way to open it is to carefully remove the glued on glass

Also what's the point of that detachable keyboard? When will you use the tablet alone without the keyboard?

>buying a surface book to tinker with

Do you forget who this product is aimed at?

speccy?

XD
+1

Businesses?

3:2 is almost the same as 16:10 except even more obscure.
One is 1.5 times more wide than tall the other is 1.6 times more wide than tall.

fuck off kid go back to 9gag

What are you trying to tell me, do you think I don't know that? I was talking about 16:9 you trash child

I'm telling you 16:10 is the best you retard, and it actually has some share on the market unlike 3:2

Nah familia 3:2 is best. I have the Surface Pro 3 and I wouldn't trade it for any other aspect ratio

Is it even worth getting the i7? Can't imagine what you're going to use all that horsepower for unless you're a Sup Forums kiddie, in which case I don't understand why you'd go for the surfacebook form factor over a gayman laptop with a more suited screen ratio, more ports etc.

What am I missing?

>only real application that justifies an i7 is gaming

Please enlighten me as to what people are using the top of the line surfacebooks for.

I went to replace my i5 dGPU because I dropped it and the screen cracked but they were out of stock so they gave me an i7 for no extra cost.

Photoshop is significantly faster on this than the i5

>Photoshop
Y tho?

Because I own a popular restaurant and I need to constantly create promotional material

>Because I own a popular restaurant and I need to constantly create promotional material

So, why are you here if you're successful?

Pics or it didn't happen

Ya blew it.

Am I not allowed to be here if I'm moderately successful?
I'm not super loaded or anything, making 300k CAD a year after expenses, but I'm supporting a family of 4.

>300k CAD a year

lol I'm still living with my mother.

Seriously dude, why visit a shitty website like this when you could be on Reddit or something?

You're literally arguing with people who cannot afford to buy half of the products they fanboy about...

>paying MacBook money for winshit laptops

lel

>laptop
That's a tablet.

That is why its called SurfaceTablet right?

>the name defines the device
So if I come out with a tablet named the Desktop it's a desktop PC, right? Because that's how it works? No, it's a fucking tablet.

>SurfaceBOOK
>tablet

lmfao

It's a tablet with a keyboard accessory. Real laptops have the screen attached to the keyboard and all the guts in the keyboard half of the case. Again,
>implying the name defines the device

The dedicated GPU is inside the keyboard.

I know. It's still a tablet.

its a beautiful machine if you have the money to blow. I went with the pro 4 myself. I cant really justify the cost for some more computing power, not when I can easily remote into a vm for intense crunching.

I guess if you needed to do 3d modeling or video editing while you were in an airplane it would make sense to buy it for the GPU. I mainly write code and take it to meetups to do presentations.

I'm the only person at meetups without a macbook.

and you are still a bitch, bitch.

Nah

>Photoshop
Baby Photoshop is mainly RAM intensive

New one coming soon should have waited so you could get a deal

Not only. It's simply cheaper to produce 16:9 panels.

>When will you use the tablet alone without the keyboard?
Every time you fucking want to draw something?

You faggots act like there is any practical difference between 3:2 and 16:10

It does have a bit bursty CPU/GPU load, although doubt enough to justify i7 unless for free.

where did a new tripfag come from what the fuck

A bunch have popped up since summer started

i've only noticed this guy and nigger and frankly they can go

That's a silly question. I use a Yoga 3 with Windows 8.1 as a tablet in the living room all the time.

should have got instead. it's got

>open it
spotted the retard

Sp4 best device hands down. Over half the students in all my classes have one. One note is just unbeatable compared to typing out notes.

SP4 beats it in it's own turf, oddly enough from M$ themselves.
If you want a great tablet PC get the SP4 that can be used for both productivity and content consumption
If you want a great portable laptop get the XPS15/13 for when you need an extra punch and have no use for the pen features

SB is thick when closed, awkward to handle, a headache to detach (compared to the SP4) so loses on the comfy factor and doesn't do anything much better than the aforementioned 2 while costing more than either of them. It honestly can't compete

not too bad.

shame about the wasted money though, it's kinda overpriced

SB has godtier battery life, a sexually awakening aspect ratio, and the keyboard is much nicer in my opinion.

I would love to play with one of these.
>folding folio fixed viewing angle cuck
Enjoy never being able to use your tablet as a laptop replacement ever.

You fucked up bad OP. Don't worry, I did too.

The surface book is good in theory, though overpriced. The main problem is that the hinge is the flimsiest piece of shit you'll ever deal with. Which is really bad, when the hinge is the critical point of the entire system.

Case in point: a month after I bought the surface book, I started experiencing strange crashes.

They increased in frequency, until I found the problem: if you jostle the hinge a little, it can interrupt the tablet communicating to the base, which results in windows 10 shitting itself.

Also, if you jostle the hinge, it gets easier to jostle in the future. So eventually you're left with a laptop so sensitive that you have to stabilize it just to plug headphones in. Heaven help you if you bump the table with any part of your body.

>buying a laptop that actually works and doesnt use a meme os that requires you to input 5000 lines of code just to turn the volume up
>"How badly did i fuck up?"
you didnt fuck up brother, welcome to the future

I wish they made a 15" without the shitty hinge and forced win10.
that or a Macbook air 15". That'd be nice as well if it wasn't 2pricy4me.

>filename.jpg
Never seen that shit before.

Get out of here Pratab

breddy gud

Really want one, but just can't justify spending the money when my current laptop works fine and is actually more powerful in specs.

The i7 SP4 has Iris Graphics, which is more suited for a portable machine than a Dedicated GPU.

>keyboard

i.e. frying pan.

what the fuck

Because Kryta and GIMP are shit. And because PS is the industry standard.Thats why. Is this the answer you were looking for?

You've obviously never used it if you think that. It runs surprisingly cool.