Anyone have any experience with motorised trail bikes...

Anyone have any experience with motorised trail bikes? I'm considering buying a basic 2 stroke 80cc motor kit and attaching it to pic related. I've tried asking /n/ but they've been useless so far.

Sup Forums doesn't leave its basement.

Try /n/

I'd personally buy a second hand bike with better wheels, forks etc. the build quality on cheap bikes
like this one is poor, the wheels will buckle if you look at them the wrong way.

You want the bike my Dad just made for himself! Pic related.
It's electric, the battery is the large middle section, it goes 50mph (i'm not joking) and the battery lasts hours.

Why not get a good quality second hand bike and then get an electric motor kit?

Two stroke 80cc is crazy powerful for a bicycle

Try /diy/.

i would even pedal that sub-walmart shit user
let alone trust it with a motor attached to it

you would pedal it?

i do even

if only there already was a two-wheeled motorized vehicle you could use.

fucking retards.

Op buy yourself a decent bike then add a diy electric motor kit. They're very easy to install. Don't go two stroke, they're noisy smell really bad and will annoy your neighbours

git gud faggot

Why would anyone want such a thing?

>it's been done so there's no point in doing it
Fucking retard.

idk about op but i made one because motorcycle insurance in the USA is cost prohibitive

Why not?

So I can pedal if I want and get away with not paying for registration/insurance.

People too retarded to both ride a regular bike and get a motorcycle license

>electric
not op but I want my bike to go vroom vroom

You know in some states these don't require insurance or registration to drive on the road. Makes sense for a backup vehicle.

What a beauty

>motorcycle insurance in the USA is cost prohibitive
You can get full comprehensive for like $10 a month if you do the MSF course.

Take this as you will from a Sup Forumsentooman who's researched this before:
>The ICEs are usually Chinese clones of ancient Honda engines. They're not the greatest in anything, and their lifespan is short. Really short. 2-3k miles for a trail bike. Even less for a 2 stroke. Really if it runs the second time you use it, congrats.
>Which is fine, because your average Walmart bike is only designed for the average lifespan of a non enthusiast bicycle, which is about 75 miles. Not shitting you but not finding a source on that one either. Just assume $1 per mile before something goes wrong.
>electric is the way to go. There are already kits out there you wire up to an existing bicycle. The ones that go in the wheel hub are your best bet. The ones that use friction against a wheel are worthless.
>Electric is far better than an ICE. ICEs are fuckhueg and heavy, and you're still going to have to pedal at times.
>This isn't cheap. Period. A decent bike is upwards of $400 if you build it yourself from a kit (My entry level Trek was $700). An electric kit starts at about $250. You've just spent the same money that a disposable moped costs.
>A more realistic estimate is about $1000 for a bike with a motor that's not going to shit itself at the first opportunity.

I can see the appeal in a road bike; using an electric assist up hills and taking off. I don't see the appeal of a trail bike. I ride trails, and feel like it would just get in the way.

captcha: forest 1280

Didn't think it was that cheap. Is that on a new or used motorcycle? Also, is it recommended to store a lighter motorcycle inside if you don't have a garage and there isn't enough street parking space?

Holy shit.
Nice

How much for one of those kits? Does it have a generator when pedalling?

This defeats the whole point of cycling. Do some exercise fatty.

I would get the bike and then a separate kit with the motor and gas tank and etc...

I'm planning to do this too but I'm underweight.

it sure is amazing how technology is in everything and how this gives losers a pretext to ask their fucking retarded questions here.

20 pounds of pussy and ass.jpg

What kind of bike you have I got a cheap gs500 and still pay around 8usd a month for it in liability, full comprehensive for even half a year would cost more than the bike is worth?

>the whole point of biking
lol what a fatfuck thing to say. i live in the US on campus at a university (grad student) and completely aside from the health benefits over driving, a bike is cheaper for like half a dozen different reasons, easier to maintain, and honestly faster depending on where you're going.

there are a lot of people who ride bikes as a vehicle to get from one place to another. it's not a badly needed excuse to work up a sweat.

Just get an actual motorbike OP. It'll be far more fun and you'll learn a lot more.

gas powered bikes are almost unambiguously considered motor vehicles under the same (or similar) restrictions as motorcycles, cars, etc...

bicycles with discreet electric-powered motors are more ambiguous, and in many places you can get away with acting like it's a bicycle (but faster, more responsive, whatever).

Who cares, there's nothing more fun than blasting down trails with a few mates.