Tell me about cherry MX Sup Forums

Tell me about cherry MX Sup Forums

Is it as fast as they say and worth it?

They will not make you type any faster.

But will they make me spin around 360 degrees and cut my opponent down with my RYUJIN NO KEN in overwatch?

Is there any point dishing out more money for RGB lighting?

A better keyboard does not make you a better player, you've to be autistic to believe that.

If you like flashy colors and see in the dark (if you can't type blindly), then yes

well my keyboard broke and I want to replace it and I'm in china so ducky keyboard are cheap but I want to know if cherry mx is a meme

They feel nice, certainly better than low end rubber domes. Whether they feel better than high end rubber domes like Topres is debatable.

If you're thinking about buying a mechanical keyboard, you absolutely must buy a tester board. When I went by descriptions, I thought I would like MX Browns and almost bought a new keyboard with them. Instead I bought a tester and found that I hated the way Browns felt. Instead I ended up preferring Blacks, which many people say is a "gamer switch" but I'm not a keyboard gamer at all. I just like the way the Blacks feel while typing.

>very fast switch actuating at incredible hihg speed

Well it is surely a better feeling to type on mechanical than membrane or hybrid mechanical keyboard. Good peripherals are always good to invest in because they last for a good while. Also ducky keyboard tend to gave a good rep. Look up on massdrop for good deals on keyboards.

thanks I haven't tried the keys but I like lighter keys so I think I'll be going for just red switches

I'm trying to decide between Corsair and Ducky and I've seen the 2108S S2 and the Ducky one which is just 100 yuan difference but I don't know whats the actual difference

Duckys have rep for being quite inexpensive (as mechs go), and being built like tanks - regardest as some of the best-built boards available. I would definitely recommend any Ducky over any Corsair board. The unique aluminium design is a draw for most people but is a just a gimmick - plus there have been acknowledged problems with their software and early LED batches.

Corsair uses non-standard key layouts. If you can get Ducky then that's a solid buy IMO.

>regardest
kill me

>mechanical keyboard meme
good goy

Typing on rubber domes at work makes me want to die

okay thanks I think I've decided on ducky

but which one of their boards is the best for the price?

Shine boards are their bread and butter - extremely good first time boards. Zeros and the cheaper Ones are also very good. Mini's good too, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first board.

Also, have you considered TKL/non-TKL? I don't see it in this thread, so make sure you get the one you want in that regard. It's hard to mix them up, but just to be sure you know exactly what you're after.

They feel nicer. That's it.

>s-stop liking things I don't like

I have no idea but I'm looking at ducky right now and Shine 4 seems really good