Comp Sci major

>Comp Sci major
>going into Senior year
>currently at internship at small startup
>looking into job applications for ENTRY LEVEL positions
>every place wants 1-3 years experience with Java, SQL, C++

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO HAVE EXPERIENCE IF IT'S AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB WHAT THE FUCK

git gud

Apply anyway, go to the interview, and if you can't answer their questions you shouldn't want to work there.

Job requirements are a meme used by employers to get cowardly cucks like you to not even apply.

It means that you've done something. It doesn't have to be job experience. If you've done more than jack off to anime, you're good.

dude calm down you're living the dream rn have some consideration for us autodidacts

>have more than 1 brain cell
>last year of CS
>intern at a fortune 500 company
>get absorbed right away after graduating
>4 months into the job and I already got a 5% raise
>1 year later and I get a 10% raise
I didn't even have to negotiate anything, boss literally just keeps telling business to give me more money because I'm part of the team that keeps this single line of thread from breaking and stopping all production in every repair/manufacturing site we have.
Product life cycle management is a bitch but once you're in every company that has a production line will suck your dick.

Any suggestion as to where should I apply if I've got 5-10 years of jacking off to anime?
Can I spin that so it's worth more than 1 year of C++?

How can you not have at least 1 years experience when you are in your senior year? most colleges start with java first semester and C/C++ second semester.

Here's a big tip. You know that shit you've been doing at college? That's experience! The 1-3 years experience means you are not a bio major who just happened to fall into compsci on the junior year.

If you don't have java experience, prove you can pick it up really fast by making something beyond simple 1+1 = 2 or fuzz pop or whatever that test is. Make something useful you can use like parse audio files and sort them. Jesus, whatever man. Even if you already use another application to sort audio, make your own and do not just go to github and compile what you find there.

Comp sci requires you to be interested in everything and you need to demonstrate it.

Baby baby, does you mom fold your clothes for you?

Build a home lab, install SQL server, write a crappy web app.

You stupid kids who want to do nothing but drink and think they'll roll out of college and have a job with zero effort will get what you deserve.

FYI: I have an open req for a Senior Engineer, I'm hiring a black guy for 115k with no college because he has a homelab and has learned shit and I'm racist as fuck.

> (OP)
>How can you not have at least 1 years experience when you are in your senior year? most colleges start with java first semester and C/C++ second semester.

Mine started you in assembly and c++. Started that way so you know what you are actually doing with c++ is way high level and not anywhere close to low.

nice meme

sounds like you are already more than qualified to be a windows sysadmin

> every place wants 1-3 years experience with Java, SQL, C++

your education is experience idiot

Nigger I already have 2 internships done and now have a part time position and I'm just in my junior year.

Try not to be so fucking stupid.

They all always say shit like that. Apply anyway. They will always try you out.

Wish i was in this position
>2052
>Old man now
>Only person still in the company that knows how to use the old windows 7 machines
>They're 100% essential to the company
>Paid almost as much as the CEO
>Secretaries ready to suck my dick at any time of day
>When they try to bring on people for me to train up i throw them in the deep end with the taskbar hidden and CMD open and watch them squirm because they haven't used a physical keyboard their entire lives

you were supposed to do 1 year of work experience in internships or c-ops while you were in school.

And if you were good the place where you interned would offer you a job when you graduate.

>b-but user
>I can't even invert a binary tree
>how am I supposed to have expirience?

Just had 2nd interview with the black guy with no college. Guy is awesome.

Shit, this will be my 2nd black guy on my team. I thought I was a racist?! Damn it!

I couldn't find one. I did get inquiries about full time positions from IEEE and UnitedHealth when I contacted them.

How many places did you talk to?

kek

Nah, its not, education means wasting time with useless teachers

Nice

Sounds like you went to a shit school user