/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Short video of the iPhone 7 leaks
gsmarena.com/short_video_of_the_iphone_7_leaks-news-19413.php

>Sony Xperia E5 is available at Vodafone UK for £100 on Pay as you go
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_e5_is_available_at_vodafone_uk_for__pound100_on_pay_as_you_go-news-19408.php

>The first batch of Turing phones has started shipping
gsmarena.com/the_first_batch_of_turing_phones_has_started_shipping-news-19426.php

>Note7 leak seems to offer visual confirmation of iris scanner feature
androidpolice.com/2016/07/14/note7-leak-seems-to-offer-visual-confirmation-of-iris-scanner-feature/

>The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are outselling the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus in the U.S.
androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-outselling-iphone-6s-703091/

>Sony Xperia XA review: overcharging on entrance
androidpit.com/sony-xperia-xa-review

>Honor 8 preview: What to expect from Honor's promising new high-ender
androidcentral.com/honor-8-preview-heres-what-expect-honors-new-high-ender

>The Ulefone Metal has been announced – metal-clad midranger for the budget-minded
phonearena.com/news/The-Ulefone-Metal-has-been-announced--metal-clad-midranger-for-the-budget-minded_id83175

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6s-plus-aluminium-chipping.1930678/page-23
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U31HSHO
youtube.com/watch?v=AQDbh1klfGk
en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-4G-LTE-Metal-Body-Fingerprint-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650-Hexa/32596046648.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it's too heavy
Why would I care about that?

Best US weather app/widget? Either f-droid or Play Store

ok guys help me

Whats a good phone with GOOD performance, DECENT camera, and can last me a few years?

chink phones not recommended since its hard to come by in my country

US
T-Mobile
Android

oh and price has to be under 250 usd

It has a shit SoC, less RAM, and is just uncomfortable? lel. doesn't hae a gyroscope fro your Pokemon either. at least the K6000 has a faster SoC. 3GB RAM and still a huge battery.

I offer a picture of my first phone and computer to the Sup Forumsods.

I have no idea what any of that means for a phone, you're talking to a guy who's currently using a phone that's older than 9/11 is.

Just bought an iphone 6s not three hours ago. I have been on android LITERALLY since google phone came out in 2007. So far I'm enjoying ios.

Just return the phone Ty'Shawn.

I know Sup Forums isn't support, but I figure it may be alright to ask ITT

I bought an Oukitel K10000 but I've managed to totally brick it

Can't unlock bootloader. Tried "fastboot oem unlock" but it fails. It seems I didn't enable OEM unlock before it became bricked.

Messed around in recovery and with adb but nothing seems to be able to fix it.

First time messing with Android and I've totally fucked up. Any advice?

Shiiiiiiieeeet. He'd a pawned it by now son.

Truth is better.
Dead family members old phone.

Every phone feels good when you first get it, even my $14 grocery store phone was exciting at first with all the customization, rooting, debloating, etc. Then it's just another daily driver.

Also enjoy your corrosion, it's a massive defect that affects most 6s and 6s+ models, and Apple will basically tell you to fuck off.

Also source and pic on corrosion.

forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6s-plus-aluminium-chipping.1930678/page-23

This shit should be posted in all Apple threads, forums and reviews, because this shit is completely unacceptable.

nexus 5x

this is why im scared of rooting my phone

Is Xperia Z3 worth getting for $300?
(all phones in my country are 30% more expensive than in the burgerland)

Thanks! Anymore suggestions?

Already suffering from buyer's remorse this quickly?

moto g\g4\g4 plus

Don't get a nexus 5x, it'll be the worst mistake in your life. Get an LG G3 instead.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U31HSHO

~$200
3GB RAM
1440p screen
SD 801
32GB internal + msd slot up to 256GB
removable 3,000 mAh battery

>LG G3
lol
enjoy your battery issues and random reboots faggetboi

>youtube.com/watch?v=AQDbh1klfGk

Still believing in the ZTE Axon 7 meme?
Don't wait for paid shill reviews.

Nice memes, enjoy having only 16-32GB of permanent non-expandable storage you turbo cuck.

I'm getting an Axon 7 because of that boss mic it has while recording video. It literally sounds better than the one on the Galaxy S7.

>1440p
>3'000mAh

It's shit.

I was preferring a phone that was released this year. Does the g3 hold up to current phones?

absolutely not, today's phones have octacore cpus (8cores) the g3 only has a quad core (4cores) so it's much much slower

Guys please help me.

My Redmem Note 3 pro arrived, and I want to install the global ROM.

the version now is 7.2.5.0 xiaomi.eu

I started doing
en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html
but >adb reboot edl
doesn't work.

wat do?

What do you guys think about Asus phones? Thinking of getting that 5000 mAh one, forgot the name.

>Still believing in the ZTE Axon 7 meme?
Well after that video it seems just as good as the mi5 at a similar price with a better screen, better audio and an sd slot.

What are you trying to say? Should they have used a 640p screen like on aplele phones instead?

It actually does very well for being a little old. Usually scores ~900 single-core and ~2700 multi-core in Geekbench 3.

For comparison a 2015 moto e (4 A53 cores @ 1.2 GHz) scores ~450 single-core and ~1400 in multi-core Geekbench 3.

So it's about twice as powerful as a 2015 moto e.

I think those speakers and mic on that thing are highly underrated. Wish more phone manufacturers would use non-shit speakers and mics on phones like ZTE.

That looks good. However, i'm still not sold because it was made 2 years ago. Do you think It will still hold up for the next few years?

Weather timeline, it cost like a dollar but it's worth it.

Why would you get a g3? For 250 you can pick up a g4 off of ebay. Would give OP more peace of mind considering it came out last year.

Am I the only fucking one who hates phones with physical/capacitive buttons and obnoxious, tacky oval samsung like home buttons? Still waiting for a good phone with SD820, plain front and virtual navbar. What do you guys think of oncoming Axon 7? Seems perfect for, as far as I'm aware it's the only phone that meets my three (pretty basic for 21st century I'd say) conditions: Amoled, sd card slot and stereo speakers. Still waiting for it to be released in grey (black would be my perfect color though). Anyone thinks similar here? Also phones without micro sd card slot are garbage.

>tacky oval samsung like home buttons
I hate these, why are they there? Who regularly puts their thumb to the bottom of the phone?

Side/Back buttons, please.

I know, right? It feels more natural for me to just tap with a finger on the back of a phone since it's already there instead of bending my thumb to reach the bottom bezel.

Got a Galaxy core prime! Crickets chirping...

Everything but amoled
moto x style

With virtual bar woops

Why not? I had many phones and since I first saw amoled in my Moto X 2014 I immediately fell in love. Why people say that it's oversaturated and other bullshit like that? What about candy eyesore samsung or apple UI, it's not an eyesore of candiness? The grey, tones colored world is outside everytime I look but when I look at the phone on my screen at the stuff I want to see I want them to look nice, sharp and colourful. Thas why fuck IPS. Also, better battery life.

Definitely. With nearly 3000 in geekbench 3 you have enough juice to multi-task greatly and even play 4K H264 video with 0 problems. The msd slot and removable battery are gonna be your best friends as well. Dead battery? Slap in a new $20 one from amazon or get an extended one? Need more storage? Jam in a 256 or 512GB (coming soon) msd card and call it a day.

okay then, thanks user

>4.7" is too big for me.
I like the format of the iphone 4 / 5 but I don't want to use an iPhone (too many restrictions since I'm using linux on my computer.)

International axon 7 will have capacitve buttons. heh.

pls respond

>be student poorfag
>good friend gifts me iphone 4s in 2012
>screen was already cracked
>can't keep up with more demanding apps anymore
>battery starts dying on me

what is a good replacement for about 300$?

What do I buy if I want a great camera and a great battery life? Money isn't really a problem, can spend about 450 dollars or so.

Also, I'm a manlet with small hands and never had a 5.5 inch one ... really want to try it ... but don't know if I will be able to handle so much...

LG G3 + extended battery and 128GB micro sd card (160GB total storage).

Wait for the S7 to go down in price (especially on black friday). The touchjizz meme is just that, recent versions are relatively lag free.

How's S6? Is S7 a good upgrade?

S6 is okay but not as good as the S7. S7 is a huge upgrade especially since it has a micro sd slot.

is this a joke? i wouldn't wipe my ass with a phone smaller than 5.2"

I like to use my phone with one hand.

I went from a samsung galaxy ace (3.5"). I could use it with one hand but the screen was too shitty.

I now have an exotic chink phone with a 4.7" screen for 2 years.

it have a 720p screen but i can't reach all the screen with one hand.

Is there anyway to get the Moto G4 on Amazon discount without paying for prime? Prime trial isn't working.

Does anyone know if an unlocked Blackberry passport (non att) will work with Straight Talk mobile?

Just bought the HTC 10 two days ago. It's pretty good so far. Only complaint is Verizon won't release the new firmware update so the camera will be better but that's not HTC fault.

shilling my redmi 3 pro
its amazing

140€ with shipping
3GB ram / 32GB storage / microSD card slot
metal body
4100 mAh
5" IPS 720p, its enough for me and boost the battery
fast fingerprint sensor
accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass

What smartphone currently available has the strongest antennas? I'm fucking sick and tired of every new generation of phones having shittier service than the ones before.

Oneplus 3 vs Axom 7 v Moto G4 Plus

WHICH ONE Sup Forums?

>> Oneplus has excellent XDA support but shitty Customer service.

>> ZTE is notorious for not unlocking bootloader so its a gamble on that one

>> G4 Plus is rockin the SD617? However it's $100 cheaper plus the possibility of getting XDA/Dev support (ROMs...)

>tfw you tried your best to fix your LG G3 but it's finally ded

>Oneplus3
clear winner overal

>ZTE
you want front facing speakers or the best display

>G4 Plus
why? theres no case where its good
xiaomi redmi beats in price vs performance, and it has nothing on the better ones either

What is the best web browser for android and why?

Lightning because light, FOSS, and inbuilt adblocker

Lightning over FF?

you're saying pick the ZTE if I wanted FF Speakers and Better Display over the OP3? I have the OP3 now, it gets plenty bright and IMO the screen doesn't look bad. 1080p is fine for my needs. I stream Youtube videos maybe once or twice a day but I dont give a shit if it's not in 4K that's what my TV at home is for.

>mfw my G2 is still going strong

just try different roms if available. sometimes works wonders. trust me

Did you replace the battery and take out the msd card?

just got my first smart, the Xperia C4

how do i get the best starting setup?
how to crack?
essential starter kit?
make the helping pls

There's no reason to upgrade from my unlocked Note 4, is there? Not until Note 7 anyway

No my issue is that I have vertical white lines all over my display and the screen randomly goes black. I didn't even drop the phone so I have no idea how it happened. I thought there was something wrong with the magnetic tape "over" the display ribbon cables or that the ribbon cables weren't probably connected. I tried both with no success. Kill me.

Anyone pick this up?

My Nexus 5 is bootlooping when plugged in and unresponsive when unplugged.

I opened it up and the little power button is physically functional/not stuck.

I would clear partition cache or factory reset but I can't access the bootloader fast enough before it loops again.

Is this thing finally bricked?

What think?

How can I unbloat a phone that have no guide for rooting?

>tfw google+
>tfw all the other google bloat
>tfw service provider built-in apps
>tfw twitter
>tfw facebook

I feel like I don't own my phone.

Anyone have anything bad to say about the Moto X pure?

I'm getting tired of My moto g2 dragging its 1gb ass through these new apps. But its served me well for 2 years and updated from KK to LP without major hiccups.

What could possibly cause my smartphone battery's charging rate to suddenly plummet? Pic fucking related.

The charging port's a bit loose, but the phone wasn't moved during charging at all. It is always cool to the touch during charging, except when I am playing a game during.

The phone (CM13 nightly, 2500mAh battery) has gone through about a year of medium to heavy use. It takes anywhere from 2.5 to 12+ (!) hours to go from nearly dead to fully charged. Anyone else experiencing such wildly varying charge times?

I think it's overpriced.

looking for a budget smartphone to buy.
I'm giving in. You win /spg/, I'll buy a redmi note 3 pro.

Any dutch bro's in thread that can recommend a webshop? looking for shipment from within the EU and all taxes already paid. I'm googling but keep coming up with sites like xiaomistore.nl and chiphone.nl that sell that phone at like 260-300 euro (290-330 dollar) the value added tax here is very high at 21% but even with that, it's a far cry from the "~200 dollar" of the chink shit wiki guide from the OP

shops with warehouses in other EU countries or UK also acceptable

good but too overpriced

Source? On lots of videos I've seen virtual

try here aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-4G-LTE-Metal-Body-Fingerprint-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650-Hexa/32596046648.html

with european union expres delivery. they're sending it to france and then with DPD courier. I got mine in 8 days with no tax. Poland here

hard to say, it could be anything. Most likely heating and cooling the components over an extended time have created microfractures. So based on whether the battery is expanding or contracting certain fractures will temporarily get pushed together and make contact, leading to faster charging.

That's just a guess, tho.

In other words, start looking to replace your battery.

What's Sup Forums recommendation for top 3 US band GSM (Sim card) capable phones for under $300?
I've noticed a lot of these phones seem to be from Euro posters
Pic for attn.

Ok guys
I haven't own a phone since 8 years
I want one to play Pokemon Go like a good goy
Any model recommend for this use?
Budget would be 100€ I guess
Maybe 200€ but need a good convincing

nah, just buy yourself PSP and go play pokemons on some emulator

Thanks. Stupid Q: there's no battery bulge; doesn't that mean that its fine? Also, don't batteries last longer than 10-11 months? But then I do have a Pajeetphone (Micromax Yu Yureka Plus; CM ID 'tomato')…

What phone?

>US
>T-Mobile
>Android
>$300 budget
>Would like micro SD, fingerprint sensor would be nice but not necessary, metal body not necessary just needs to feel not cheap.
>needs to be a decent upgrade from an HTC One m7 running cm12.
>Don't really care about the size, just not fuckhuge or manlet tier.
Can you help me out lads? Was finding some good chinkshit but I couldn't find much that were compatible with T-Mobile.

Midrange android phone, used, prefer Samsung / Motorola but will look at other brands

Moto G from Amazon.

Just mail me those 200 and ill send you emerald via email, you wont waste money on something fucktarded this way

moto g4 or moto x pure

ROOOO

G4**