Favorite VPN/VPN discussion thread

What's your favorite VPN, Sup Forums?

I've been using Mullvad lately, because it wasn't super expensive, and it seems pretty fast and good so far.

I'm kinda new to VPNs, I've tried some free ones earlier and one paid service which was awful.

Anyway, post some tips and tricks for using VPNs or just discuss your favorite service in this thread.

Small bump

all of the vpns i use are always banned on every site.
mullvad is fast though

I'm very happy with PIA

Yeah that is a shame. Also mail notifications like "Someone just signed in on your account from x country!".
Would be nice to be able to post to Sup Forums with a VPN running.

I've heard a lot about it but it just feels so "mainstream" so to say. Like their super accessible site design. Feels kinda wrong imo but maybe I'll try it some day.

PIA is a goddamn honeypot, look it up

Yeah that's the eery kind of feel that I was getting. I guess I'll avoid it now lol.

>look it up
The only thing I found were some retarded channers spooking themselves

whats the best fee VPN if youre a viral marketer doing paid political shitposting on pol so you need it to make swedish and german flags?

I've heard some anons recommend using a VPS instead of a VPN. Can anyone recommend me some? And is a VPS a better solution than a VPN?

I use AirVPN

nice meme

PIA is alright but slow. Upstream is about 5-6Mbit reliably as is the downstream. Once in awhile I can break loose to the blazing fast speeds of 10Mbit but that's rare and sporadic. I'd love to find a service even gives me 50Mbit but I imagine that's a damn unicorn at this point. I'm sure there might be some that do but are cost prohibitive. The freebies I've tried are all more or less shitty and only good for phone/pc shitposting.

I used hide.me for a while, and got about 90 Mbit while torrenting from a server in quebec Their service is super expensive though

I use expressvpn, I'm kind of looking for a cheaper alternative... it's way too pricy. No PIA pls

>VPS
That word... I do not think it means what you think it means

ExpressVPN, but its quite expensive

Yes it does. He means host your own VPN on a VPS and it's a common setup.

What practical benefit would that yield, besides doing something like a seedbox? You're still limited by the network of your host provider

>US based corporation

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FrootVPN

My country just passed some Orwell tier laws and I've been trying to pick a vpn provider for the past few days. It seems to me all i can find is either paid articles shilling particular providers, or tinfoil hat wearing paranoics that call every service unsafe

usually just set up a proxy via one of my VPSes, since I already paying for them anyway.

but i did like frootvpn for the few months i used it. easy to use and worked well enough, not sure what else you can ask of a vpn. and of course you couldn't shitpost with it too, and fuck paying for a 4jew pass

Nord or Air

+1 for frootvpn
I used it for like the 2 months it was free, was easy and fast, but even their rates from the last time I saw were not very bad

I use based NordVPN.

>$36 a year
>Based in Panama
>No logs
>Servers all over the world
>P2P, TOR, etc. allowed
>Fast speeds
>Useful and configurable apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, as well as OpenVPN support

Like others have mentioned, Private Internet Access seems too mainstream to not be fishy.

>$36 a year
Say no more

whats good site 2 torrent on?

pick up a VPS in Madagascar and install openVPN on it.

I use thepiratebay

Do their apps allow split tunnelling?

I've been using PureVPN for a short while. Their feature list is promising, their proprietary app is available on GNU/Linux (which is kind of rare) and allows to do split-tunneling by app, which makes it a little complicated to split-tunnel by server/IP, but you can pull it off if you keep all your clearnet browsing on a separate browser. They have a deal that's like $60 for 2 years right now.

If you use their app though, be careful, encryption is turned off by default. Go figure.

Also, it's in Hong Kong.

I'm not very knowledgeable about this, does setting up vpn connection directly on my router nullify dns leak risk?

I'll consider it

>$36 a year
*ahem*