By Sup Forumsod. Wtf is happening to this computer?

By Sup Forumsod. Wtf is happening to this computer?

I'm trying to install Lubuntu on it so I decided to check if the memories where ok.

I dint have any problems with Windows but using this Lubuntu test, everything is showing red.

Is this normal?

At first he identified all my Ram but now not only he can't identify, look at the number of errors until now.

Ubuntu broke it, install gentoo.

Dead RAM in an ancient Core 2 Duo build? You don't say.

RAM is kill.

Linux killed it

Please, be joking.

I'm new to Linux (so new that I dint even installed yet). Not sure if I woult know how to use Gento. Also my processor is shitty as you can see it.

The RAM was not dead half an hour ago when Windows was running just fine.

yeah computer is gg, buy a pyra and install gentoo

>look at the number of errors until now.
It's the one bit that's bad you fucking clown. Either replace the stick or set allocate that memory and don't let anything use it.

underclock, slightly increase the voltage, relax the timings
if that doesnt help, throw the ram into the trash bin

also READ THE STICKY, this is not a technical support board, go to for that shit

It's not Linux it's Memtest which is usually pretty accurate. You could try another memory test program perhaps and see if it's repeatable.

The ram can be trash and it will still run fine until something tries to read from the failed address space. Good news is that its probably only one stick so you can just remove it and continue on normally with a bit less ram.

Any possibility of making the BIOS don't read the defective part of the memory that is fucking everything up?

Or using a program for that?

No, you cannot do that with any tools you have access to at home.

reseat your ram
replace the stick if that doesn't work

I like how you post that right after actually serving him as technical support

Yeah you can somehow with the kernel command line in Linux but you will have to google it I never needed to.

Depends on the BIOS but most don't allow that.

However grub's badram command can pass along instructions to linux to not use bad addresses.

Take out the RAM and clean the pin contact.

change your ram or gpu timings. linux is more adept in detecting system imbalances that otherwise wouldnt show up on windoes.

Well Linux has this Cool memtest Option which automatically doesn't use Bad Memory Regions.
memtest= [KNL,X86,ARM] Enable memtest
Format:
default : 0
Specifies the number of memtest passes to be
performed. Each pass selects another test
pattern from a given set of patterns. Memtest
fills the memory with this pattern, validates
memory contents and reserves bad memory
regions that are detected.

Thank you all for the help. I will not even try to fix that with grub because I never used Linux in the first place.

And since it's Lubuntu, I think will not demand much Ram anyway. I was using more because of my shitty processor that can't work with Windows but hey, let's see what happens.

Already did that.

But I have to first install Lubuntu to then run the test?
If yes I may actually do it ( if I know how)

Rip Mr ops ram

No, you should be able to append the option when you boot the installation media, through whatever bootloader it uses grub etc.

Just install Debian, Ubuntu is a shitty corporate stolen Debian.

Ubuntu has more development and is more popular.

>it's more popular so it is better
man I should just use Windows 10 then!
Debian has more development as it has lived longer and Debian is meant to be installed from a netinstall so you can install the software you want and have a powerful OS that you want.

>Wtf is happening to this computer?
Use your eyes and brain, retard
>memory breaks after a few years
No, that's not normal.

This will be my very first time with Linux ( I'm a virgin ;_; ) So I don't want super complicated flavors that I will end up uninstalling for not having knowledge to use it.

And it had to be light because my CPU is a shit. Fancy things are not needed. An ease to use, stable OS that uses the minimum of specs is what I'm aiming for.

Trisquel GNU/Linux is for you then

By a thousand Bill Gates, Linux hate my computer.

I have already identified and removed the bad ram stick, asked the pen drive to install the dammed thing and look what I got.

did you use ext4 for boot partition? move all data to a ntfs partition and rewipe the / and home partition

most things are dead until they're suddenly not

>Either replace the stick or set allocate that memory and don't let anything use it.

Set allocate memory? How does one do that?