First the RX480 and now this Zen series processor?

First the RX480 and now this Zen series processor?

Wow, AMD is out on a blood hunt this year.
Nvidia and Intel are fucked.

So whats your pitiful excuse for not owning AMD products now user? You're too poor?

Nice fireplace build you got there.
I'll just sit here and enjoy my nice cool Intel + Nvidia PC.

>tfw I paid $40 more to cool my AMD build but saved $300
Close one.

>nvidia tier graph scale

Actually not. The first point should be below the x-axis.

>40% more
>huge ass 'jump' in the chart implying a tripling

Nice Intel-style chart you have there.

>So whats your pitiful excuse for not owning AMD products now user? You're too poor?
I'm waiting till they release a 6-core / 12-thread APU with the IPC of a 4770k and the graphics horsepower of a 260x.

Not happening this year or maybe the first quarter of the next, but I'll still rush out to get an old APU if they released one that supports the new mobo socket.

I WOULD be hyped if they at least announced some stopgap APU like that but I'm still disappointed.

Guess who'll be rocking the year 2011 Pentium for a while longer...

Because AMD hasn't been relevant since the k7 and Pentium 4 days

My excuse for not owning AMD products is I'm still waiting for them

when will we see a zen/vega laptop?

>nVidia
>cool

pick one

So whats your pitiful excuse for not owning AMD's Zen CPU right now OP? You're too poor?

>2.8x perf/watt increase on Polaris
AMD isn't delivering on their promises; if they don't pull their shit together soon they're finished.

>up to

Well Intel hasn't had to try for the last 10 years, so i wonder if they're just waiting to pull something out.

The RX 480 doesn't get anywhere close to 2.8x. Shills can say 'b-but they were talking about later improvements with the RX 460!,' but it's obvious that the Polaris centerpiece is the RX 480 which failed to live up to the hype AMD tried to cook up. AMD knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they released that statement.

they're waiting to pull out of consumer desktops

>now with the new botnet co-processor
Nope, I'll be going with their Vishera line or old pre-botnet Xeons.

480 replaces the 380 and 380X
380X's TDP is 190W, 480's is 150W. 480 also manages performance near the 390.

That sure seems to add up to 2.8x.

The even better thing is that if you try to argue against this:
380 and 380X launched at 199$ and 229$ respectively
480 launched at 199$ and 239$ (4GB and 8GB respectively)

They're both even slotted in the same position in their graphics stack (midrange performance).

Everyone yelling about how it doesn't outperform the 390/X is missing the entire point. This one product brought the entire midrange performance price down an entire tier of cards by itself.

>mfw dx12

stop posting that old ass shit that has been fixed already.

>Founders edition

JOKE'S ON YOU I'M AN AMD ENGINEER

>no axis for the graph

85 is perfectly fine. The real question is what are the VRMs like? The Nvidia cards have better reference coolers than AMD so my bet would be around the 85 as well, instead of 95.

It's a pity that AMD have no single chip in the Polaris line up to slot into the top range performance category. The RX490 is rumored to be a dual GPU solution.

As far as I am concerned they have just released an underperforming flagship as a midrange card in the hopes no one will notice.

The GTX1060 is looking far more promising, and around the same price bracket.

>a GPU that doesn't properly support DX12 and Vulkan looks far more promising

Yup. Because it still beats the 480 in those while being 30W less and the same price.

Wait for real, 3rd party benchmarks on the 1060 instead of looking at Nvidia cherry-picked benchmarks.

I guess that means the 480 is better than the 1080 if we're letting 1st-party bullshit marketing be qualified as benchmarks?

???
Vega....

and they desperately need it, but if the issues with the 480, and just kind of lack of performance per watt then you should be a bit careful.
as always, wait for reviews, and give it a few weeks for prices to settle down.

Theres nothing wrong with Polaris 10's perf/watt. Its just factory overclocked card to make up for the 32 ROPs compared to Hawaii's 64.

The die is made to be as cheap as possible.

do you think zen release will bring amd price to 10 usd?

This, the 460/470 will be amazingly efficient.

tfw zen will finally beat i3's

feelsgoodman

Athlon actually. Intel has only been competitive since Core2duo and the QX line quads. Bloomfield and Lynfield (2009) were when they started to be "better" so to speak. Sandy Bridge was when Intel finally caught up to AMD and surpassed them though to this day. It wasn't that long ago.

FYI for you newfags and summerfags you can also thank AMD for x64 and steering CPU where it is today considering Intel had other plans and failed miserably. Checks and balances are good.

lol
core 2 absolutely wrecked amd's and everything after that.
you are deluded if you think otherwise

are you high or something?
after the first few rounds of core 2 intel left amd in the dust.
AMD's competition for sandy bridge was whatever the fx 8150 is based on and that was just liquid garbage.

I might CONSIDER an RX480, after I saw a really nice demo of a pixel accurate RDP for an N64 emulator running on Vulkan asynchronous compute (which, as I understand, is only supported by AMD hardware at the moment?) but I still feel that Nvidia still has the edge here, the 1060 is going to be $250 and outperform the RX480.

I can't speak for Zen, but I highly doubt it will be able to go toe to toe with Intel's current offerings, though I am sure it will be a good price/performance chip as usual. I simply prefer Intel's chips for ease of overclocking and general driver friendliness.

Reject fanboyism, objectively judge the situation, and buy what suits your needs. And fuck what anyone else has to say about it.

This.
Netburst was a mistake.

sandy went up against the first gen bulldozer chips and absolutely crushed them.

Before that, AMD had PhII competing directly with everything Intel had to offer.

stop trying to rewrite history for it to suit you.

they have updated their prediction to 45% increase 2 months ago i think

Can someone post amd manufacturers tier list please?

I have already a GTX 760 and I am poor.
And I do not understand how the market works for computer hardware.

AMD is made for people like you.

>Founders

>3gbs of RAM
>250$ aftermarket

Maybe he's just Canadian

It's Ok my friend, I have two 760s in my system :^)

problem is it kinda doesn't.
I mean, the days when you had to completely replace your hardware in order to enjoy your game (case in point, having FX5200 around the time when Oblivion got released, and basically you had to buy at least GT6600, released a year after fx5200, in order to have the game playable) are gone.

Now you are just setting up less sharp shadows in graphics options and/or lowering down the resolution from 1080p to 900/720p.

Thats still not enough to match intel which is 50% higher IPC on skylake.

Hope the price/TDP is low enough to shake up the market.

Ignore the ignorant retard.

They haven't updated anything. Stop talking out of your ass.
It is a 40% average uplift over Excavator.

One slide in a deck focusing on datacenter parts noted that it was higher than 40% uplift over the previous generation, because their previous generation datacenter chips are Piledriver based.

>50%
Try 10%.

>i3's

Skylake is about 50% faster per clock than Excavator per thread in int workloads. On the FPU side of things Haswell can be over 80% faster.

Zen isn't going to compete with Skylake, not that Summit Ridge is even aimed at typical consumers. Its a high end competitor to Haswell-E and mid range Broadwell-E. Designed for well threaded workloads with moderate clocks.

I do own an AMD processor I had to replace because it was consuming too much power, running extremely hot and performing very badly.
I also own a couple of AMD graphics cards. One works fine, one works but has a problem with the fan, the last one broke after one or two years of use. First one output, then the other and eventually all of them. The firmware was also broken on arrival and made the screen flicker, and had to be updated.

it's over

intel's finished

AMD is the future of all computer technology

I also own an older AMD processor that's dead.
Interestingly an Intel or Nvidia product has never broken for me. I even have Matrox graphics cards from the 90s that still work great.

not surprising at all, amd are scammers of poor and uneducated people selling them garbage hardware

They have made decent hardware in the past, but currently they only make hardware that's beneficial for people who need to keep up with software on a tight budget (i.e. gaymers)

Look either the nvidia AND AMD stock coolers both count or neither do

Oh no you special snowflake, it's the nvidia stock cooler you can't use that it's not a real cooler
Although the poorfag tier piece of shit AMD stock cooler is a housefire

>UP TO

there is nothing beneficial about the people on a budget, their gpu's are loud and hot and have huge cpu overhead and their cpu's are complete dogshit which gives you way worse performance than a cheap intel and nvidia setup

prices are fucked up outside US

But I do own an amd processor.

By the end of this year I'll buy a new one and 2 rx 480.

I think they may be able to make something for less that could perform better than an equally priced intel + nvidia build
but it doesn't really matter, these people are poor and won't be using good technology anyway, just cheap, bad technology
good hardware is very expensive

>good hardware is very expensive
good goy!

you're on Sup Forums so you should be familiar with what good hardware actually costs, like workstations for heavy work or servers
office machines normally aren't good hardware
consumer hardware is then again far worse

>muh speccy
please

>>muh speccy
what?

post examples of good hardware that is cheap

What is Bristol Ridge

Incoming failure. AMD hasn't been relevant since core2.

That's not the point.

>but I'll still rush out to get an old APU if they released one that supports the new mobo socket.

>I WOULD be hyped if they at least announced some stopgap APU like that but I'm still disappointed.

Then BR is exactly what he wants right? Current gen APU with DDR4 and a Zen CPU/APU upgrade path.

>lowering resolution
>playable
Wew

this desu senpai