Is there any benefit to running Mediagoblin on my server as opposed to putting everything into basic HTML pages...

Is there any benefit to running Mediagoblin on my server as opposed to putting everything into basic HTML pages, and if so, would those benefits be nontrivial to implement for someone with beginner webdev experience?

free bump for AKARIN~

d-domo

Isn't MediaGoblin integrated for searching between users and a sane way to upload media for non-technical people?

I would be the only one using the site, and I have access to the filesystem on the server, so at the moment all I do is write up a basic HTML page and stick the webm on the server at the proper address. However, if there were many desirable features such as anonymous (or OpenID etc. based) commenting which would be tough to implement on my own, maybe I'd look about using that,

s/using the site/uploading to the site/

this is Sup Forums not vim u autist

Yes, I know. There's no way to edit posts on here, and that was faster than "oh, what I meant to say was ..."

You are asking too much. Not that I disagree, but using a distributed software as mediagoblin is a good behaviour. Imagine than if this becomes a little more popular many developers will join.

Basically, consider trying both, give your support to mediagoblin, so the tool can evolve and eventually have what you ask.

I probably will try it. If I already have nginx up and running on the site, would there be any conflicts or incompatibilities of any kind, keeping in mind I only have basic webdev experience?

As far as I know there should be none, but I haven't much webdev experience myself.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what's up maybe this weekend. If it winds up being a bit difficult, I'll try to figure it out and maybe write up a little guide for what I did for Sup Forums

Mediagoblin runs faster on Nvidia GPUs

>akari thread
>only one pic of akari
The fuck you niggers doing?

I'll be sure to upload all of the Akarin~! to my Mediagoblin once I get it set up

Here, let me help

And that's all I have

s/using the/uploading to the/ would be faster

top laff