Just fell for the chromebook meme

Just fell for the chromebook meme

Apart from crouton for ubuntu, what else should I do with it?

Throw it in the trash

Garbage

>ubuntu

Have fun with ARM + A tiny emmc. Awful purchase.

install gentoo

return it and buy a thinkpad

Install Arch.

- Posted from my HP 14 Chromebook running Arch.

Flash bios and install gallium os. It's xubuntu with chomebook drivers and without crouton shit.

RemixOS?

this. also enjoy your fucking terrible gimped keyboard. the only things that chromebooks have going for them is the tendency to have alright screens and battery life, and the ability to flash seabios on some models.

Im gonna get one, should i run it with chromeos or run it with mint?

Install ARM Arch

Seriously, dont get one. You will regret it. If you are really strapped get a cheap Macbook Air clone from Aliexpress or dhgate or something. At least you can upgrade the memory.

Take the Atom text editor, which is open source and built in Electron, and make a web based version if it that can access files off of Dropbox, Box.net, Google Drive, NextCloud, etc.

Im already gonna build a pc for gaming and storing everything, i just need a cheap laptop to do my schoolwork(all my classes use google docs/slides etc.) So i dont wanna spend anything more than 200 bucks

Try to get an x86 one.

I'd recommend galliumOS, it's a modified xubuntu with really nice touch pad drivers.

This.

ChromeOS is gentoo based

Not gonna have touch screen(they make me wanna puke) i just wanna know if chromeos is alright or if i should flash a different distro

Consider an IdeaPad 100S, A Pipo W9S or a used Surface. But avoid Chromebooks.

ChromeOS is fine, literally designed for it. Fuck off now.

Yeah I know, most Linux distros have the crappiest touchpad drivers for chromebooks. Not touch screen, track pad.

Vaguely.

integers m80.

How easy is it to pick up a chromebook and replace the Chrome OS with GNU/Linux anyways? Is hypervisor on top the only option?

You can always flash it and install Seabios

Also, just in general with this thread:
>people who don't own Chromebooks
>hur dur hurr, arm useless Mac clone lmao

LOL
you can buy a second hand computer in good nick with the same specs as a chrome book for half the price in most cases
And
The
Best
Part
Is
You
Can
Put
Chomeos
On
The
Cheap