amazon.com/PowerCore-Qualcomm-Portable-Backwards-Compatible/dp/B01CZV9FUW/
amazon.com/10000mAh-Portable-Charger-Qualcomm-Aluminum/dp/B00UBDI7EC/
amazon.com/Portable-Charger-16000mAh-Qualcomm-Samsung/dp/B018I5H9BQ/
amazon.com/Aibocn-External-Battery-Flashlight-Smartphones/dp/B00VWV8LD4/
ebay.com/itm/252399557148
amazon.com/gp/product/B01EY9YNM8/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Keep seeing Anker Powerbank memed here
Own a shitty energizer myself because I wanted a well known brand in case shit went bad.

Definitely recommend the Mi power banks.

Bought an Anker battery. Seems pretty good. Charged my phone and didn't explode. Just what I want from a battery.

How long do Anker power banks last?

I am seeing lot of cheap power banks say that they last around 500 cycles. That seems a bit too short term unless that is the average lifecycle of power banks

How much do the Mi ones cost?

How are the OnePlus power banks?

They seem to be reasonably priced online

I have this.
It more convenient to charge with it since I won't be limited to certain position while using the device.
Also the LED light is handy.

Wow, uh, this is the dumbest thread ever ever. Who power bank aficionado here?

Get an Oukitel K10000 or Cubot H1 and use it to charge your phone :^)

do you fags use power bank while using your phone or just use it to charge only?

Anyone tried one of these? You're looking at ~28Ah if you load it with high capacity batteries.

Got a PNY 6600mAh for 5 bucks. Its decent. Has a 1 and 2.4 amp output

>use power bank while using your phone
This.
MEME, will get you in trouble.

I actually have one of those, and it works beautifully. I've never had a problem with it and it comes in handy for charging 18650 cells too. I highly suggest it over all other name brands. If you go out and get the cells yourself, assuming you have none, the total cost will be at about 10 dollars.

Bought a xiaomi 5000mah powerbank a year ago or something.
Still running fine. Very slim thing and the metal makes it look good for such a cheap thing.

Beware of fakes. Visit the csg threads for wiki and questions.

I think its Ok to use you phone while charging with your power bank as long as the power bank is also not in charging

Powerbanks are botnets. Obviously they steal all your contacts and browsing history from your phone and send it to the NSA via radio signals.

Is there a Do's and Dont's with Power Banks I can read online?

I have heard you are never supposed to charge it 100% nor are you supposed to let it die to 0%. I would have easily let either of those happened had I bought a power bank and not been made aware of this

How long do you think a powerbank would live if you had 2 and they charged each other?

>I am seeing lot of cheap power banks say that they last around 500 cycles
Are you sure that's just not when the overall capacity starts degrading? If so, that's pretty average.

>Are you sure that's just not when the overall capacity starts degrading?

Could be

about tree fiddy

A lot of that is bullshit for modern lipo's, at least in the practical sense. It's true they don't like being overcharged or completely depleted but that will never happen for basically any modern battery pack because they all have built in microprocessors to keep it from happening. Most packs won't allow more than 80% or so discharge of the sticker rating for that reason. At the same time it also has sensors to shut off the flow of power when it's at full charge.

tl;dr treat it like a smartphone battery.

>If you go out and get the cells yourself, assuming you have none, the total cost will be at about 10 dollars
if you get shitty cells, right? no way are you getting 28Ah of high capacity cells for that cheap

good to know

how about this

is it true?

Yes, it's fine just watch how hot the bank/phone is getting.

you can absolutely charge the phone and the power bank at the same time, it's safe but i can't guarantee it won't reduce the lifespan of the battery bank
it's a fun trick to basically have a cheap UPS for a raspberry pi
unfortunately not all power banks allow you to do "pass through" charging though

You also should put it into your ass once a week for extra durability

If you have a phone that supports Quick Charge 2.0 or higher then you should pick up an Anker PowerCore+. I have owned tons of other power banks, but being able to recharge my Note 4 extremely fast edges it out over larger capacity chargers. Once you try a power bank with it you won't go back. The anker one is just a suggestion, any QC 2.0/3.0 power bank will be the best.

Best Build Quality, and QC 2.0
amazon.com/Powerful-10000mAh-Anker-PowerCore-Technology/dp/B013HSQXZC

Other good options
amazon.com/PowerCore-Qualcomm-Portable-Backwards-Compatible/dp/B01CZV9FUW/
amazon.com/10000mAh-Portable-Charger-Qualcomm-Aluminum/dp/B00UBDI7EC/
amazon.com/Portable-Charger-16000mAh-Qualcomm-Samsung/dp/B018I5H9BQ/

ITT: iphone and oneplus cucks

I bought this thing on a whim. It may be cheap, but it hasn't exploded and it charges my LG G3 about 2.5 times, so it's definitely around its advertised capacity. bretty gud
amazon.com/Aibocn-External-Battery-Flashlight-Smartphones/dp/B00VWV8LD4/

>not using a phone with a 10000 Mah battery
Just cover the cringey logo with tape.

It also can act as a self defense weapon.

>black bull
Can't make this shit up

Nope, I've went to recycling centers and some of the batteries are perfectly fine with only one being faulty. However, it is true that you won't get 28Ah, since it's an exaggeration in my opinion.

Yeah, it seems that the newer ones just have the bull now at least. Once mine arrives I'm going to put a EFF sticker or something over it still though.

>2016
>Needing a power bank for everyday smartphone usage
>His phone doesn't last at least 3 days on battery

>7 battery issues
>actually posts the screenshot

i have this.
haven't used it yet though.

Anker 5200 and Xiaomi 10000 owner reporting in.

Xiaomi is excellent value for the price. Only downside is it takes ages to charge to full capacity.

What is the problem here ? It warns me about apps potentially sucking up battery among other things.

bought it for $25.
havent used it yet (luckily)

look at the list of apps
>what's the problem

>4000mah battery
>720p screen
>probably some mid end processor from 3 years ago
>has a battery saver app
>probably does nothing but have a call twice a week on it
Gee user, I fucking wonder why your battery lasts 3 days.

ITT: 80% Pokemon GO players

>it's a fun trick to basically have a cheap UPS for a raspberry pi
i've seen tutorials for that, but i can't get around something because i've seen different tutorials for it and each one uses different stuff, if somebody wants to do a mini laptop with a raspberry pi 3, is there a way to power it via a power suply and not use the batteries unless there is a failure on the power source?

A friend of mine met his current girlfriend on campus while carrying around his powerbank, she had no battery and asked him to charge her phone, my friend started talking to her and she had the looks of wanting to go away, but she couldn't because he needed to charge her phone

then two weeks later he told me she was walking and saw him and asked him if he had his battery, which he did, and again charged her phone, this time he got her number and the rest is history

I also broke my wrist with the toilet that night trying to unclog the bathroom sink which was full of insulation foam and deodorant

and jizz

>he found a gf

Sounds more like she found a free power bank.

Got a link on that?

First of, I'm sorry for your wrist user.

Second, I actually really like this aspect of Pokemon GO because ever since we have the fuckton of social media we have right now situations like this don't occur naturally anymore and thus making it very hard to get to know new people. I've already made a lot of great connections at Pokestops and arenas thanks to the game that would've otherwise never have happened.

Nah I got OnePlus One so that wont work

Also nice quads

That's a really good idea - I wouldn't have thought to look in recycling centers.

It should be as simple as just plugging the raspberry pi into the power bank and the power bank into a charger? You just have to make sure it's a charger that does pass-through, that's all.

>I also broke my wrist with the toilet that night trying to unclog the bathroom sink which was full of insulation foam and deodorant
How the fuck do you even manage to do that?

Would be a nice phone but like 90% of chinkphones you won't get 4g on T-Mobile and of course not on any CDMA carriers. Aka they're all utterly useless outside of as a small tablet constantly tethered to wifi. I have a second gen moto e that I bought for $12 GSM unlocked, p sure it blows most chinkphones out of the water.

Works great! Ive been able to recharge my s5 on the 2.1 amp port about 7 times before it dies

ah, gotcha, thank you
what batteries are you using?

Picked up this for $10 on Amazon, how'd I do?

Bought this on amazon, honestly my family and friends use it more than I do, and when I need it someone else took it with them.

I'd rather have a good phone that lasts 8 hours than a shit phone that lasts a week

ebay.com/itm/252399557148

Is it that hard user?

Nice digits m8
What cells are you using?

Is there a difference between a power bank and an external battery? Amazon has them in two different categories with different brands in each category

LG 18650HE2. Or you get a laptop battery and recycle the batteries out of that.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01EY9YNM8/

Sure Satan, I believe you

Oh look, a Pokemon Go thread in disguise.

A power bank has multiple outputs for different things, whereas an external battery might be for some specific device. That's what I would think the difference would be

I picked this one up on eBay, works great

does it even work or is it a paper weight

>works great

but how does it work?

Has anyone tried those solar chargers that plug into your car's DC port and trickle charge your battery?
Do they work or are just a waste of money?

What do you mean? It's a power bank, it charges batteries

What mAh are you using?

Can you charge it with both Solar and electricity the same time? Does it charge faster that way?

Solar chargers are pretty slow to charge by themselves. A solar charged power bank will take 2-3 days to charge fully only by sulight.

So you do the math

meant to reply qoute for 2nd question

Worth it?

>Can you charge it with both Solar and electricity the same time?
No clue, I've only ever charged it with the solar panel.

>Spending more than 10 GBP for a power bank

Does it not have an electric charging option too?

How long does it take for the power bank to charge just with solar?

>high capacity and high amp output for a not absurd price
Not bad, and Anker is good quality

Find one with the same capacity that wont blow up on me and i'll consider it

>Does it not have an electric charging option too?
It does, I've just never used it.
>How long does it take for the power bank to charge just with solar?
All I can say is that by the time I go to use it again, it's charged. I normally use it once or twice a week.

I have a similar capacity one (2600mah easyacc), they're a pain in the ass to carry around especially in pockets but if you want a few full charges on your phone it'll be fine for that

Yes

Can I charge my laptop with a powerbank?

If it has the right connector I think you could, but only for a partial charge

There are powerbanks for laptops, a guy in my uni uses one. Shorted out and killed itself recently tho.

Fug. I would like one but I'm not sure how much mAh I need for my lappy.

check your laptops current battery capacity and make a decision based on that.

>Can you charge it with both Solar and electricity the same time? Does it charge faster that way?
It does, but not considerably faster.
Solar panels don't really charge fast. Depending on capacity and the size of the panel (and the quality), it could take anywhere from a day and a half to 5 days of sun exposure.
Yes, you need a converter, USB to laptop plug (forgot the technical name of the laptop plugs). You can get those from your local tech shop or Amazon/eBay
Laptops usually use around 4000-6000mAh. Check your battery tho.

I don't see mAh anywhere on my laptop battery

Take it out, it should be written somewhere.

Do not buy one of these things. I've used it for maybe 5 full charges and already its starting to flake out on me. I'll get one charge off of it, and then it turns on and off once every minute and provide so little power that my phone cannot not while it is in this mode. It'll only do that some of the time, its incredibly frustrating.

inb4
ultrabook or macbook

>It does, but not considerably faster.

Thanks for the info m9

I'm using the cheap fucker in OP's pic, cost me like £10 (no idea if it's a legit one or not, got it on Amazon through the official seller) for a 10k mAh. Ofcourse advertised capacity is inflated, it's about 2 full charges of my G3.

That seems pretty fucking good to be, that's 1000 charges, say I somehow manage to need a full charge through the day on my phone (buses near me have charging ports now so it's even less likely), that's more than 3 years of daily use.

You can get a Xiaomi for less than 15 bucks that does all if that

Yeah I wouldn't recommend any of their products.
I purchased some bluetooth headphones that had a bunch of good reviews. The sound quality and battery life is shit even taking into consideration they are just portable bluetooth headphones.