Removing the cancer

Why is GNOME such a cancer?
I can't simply remove it because of it's fucking dependencies.
When I pacman -Rscn that shit it will remove Firefox, Wireshark, ePSXe and all other irrelevant shit.
Seriously, if GNOME isn't going to be your primary DE, don't plague your PC with it.
Anybody knows how to safely remove it btw?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=65269
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck are you doing? Firefox, Wireshark and ePSXe depend on GTK, not Gnome.

I want to remove GNOME as i never use it and it's wasting my resources.
Yeah, but I can't remove GNOME only, I have to remove all other shit because of that.

No, seriously, what the fuck are you doing? What packages are you trying to uninstall?

bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=65269 post #9
pacman -Runs gnome

I didn't checked but I uninstalled few packages I didn't want to like GDM, but no damage is done so far.
Remove GNOME and just GNOME dude

>pacman
>Arch Linux
>Using software you don't want to use

Hm. You're doing something wrong.

I've installed GNOME because my mom was used to it. Now I moved so mom doesn't use laptop,

OP here, nevermind I fixed it

That was not me, but yeah, I've fixed it lol

#pacman -Rns gnome-desktop

He's not OP, I am, and I still have the problem

I actually use Gnome 3 with Xmonad

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

So how do I remove Gnome from Kali?
Also, how do I download xfce? When I try through sudo apt-get install xfce4 in the terminal, the download speed is ridiculously slow, and if I download the tar file from the xfce website there's like 20 different things I have to build, fuck that

>gnome
>any year

Gnome was dying out when ubuntu came along.
people really liked the orange/brown default wallpaper, and a new generation of gnometards was sperged.
Gnome: one more reason to hate ubuntu.
Also: Ironically, when you see a KDE hater on this board, you've found someone who's tried kubuntu.

>I don't want gnome
>But I want gnome desktop manager

Gnome still has the best HiDPI scaling on the market for Linux. XFCE and LXDE can't really compete.

I thought that was a GTK thing, not a Gnome thing.