780 ti loses to a r7 370 in doom with vulkan

>780 ti loses to a r7 370 in doom with vulkan
>entire 700 series getting shat on by a r7 370
nvidia drones will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

futuremark.com/hardware/gpu
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1220928
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It doesn't matter. The 1080 beats all and is the most powerful card. Nvidia wins. Sorry pooinloofag.

right on ques the nvidia shills come in to defend their piss poor drivers.

even the 7950, from 2012, shits all over the entire 700 series lineup.

man do i feel sympathy for those on 700 series cards. nvidia has truly forgotten about them.

>poorfag projection

Nvidia owners don't have to keep their cards for five years due to having no money, so it doesn't matter. The fact is that AMD simply can't compete with Nvidia's best, ever. The 1080 destroys their entire lineup. So those who want the best will buy Nvidia, as always, and those who live in a beach shack in India will buy AMD.

>>entire 700 series getting shat on by a r7 370

The titan is still faster :^)

>780
it's 2016 hello

Can someone post the image with the HD 7970 included in the benchmarks as well?

I will defend the 1080, which is still on top

It's in there.

So then don't run the fucking game in Vulkan you idiot. It performs better in OGL.

>"Nvidia owners don't have to keep their cards for five years due to having no money"

Anyone who says this is terrible with their money or has their parents buy them everything. Investing in anything above a few hundred dollars should be taken very seriously because you don't want to be living paycheck to paycheck.

Wait for drivers.
It was the same for project cars amd witcher 3 on kepler cards.

No need to go crazy when they haven't even updated drivers yet you retard.

>few hundred dollars should be taken very seriously
only if you already live from paycheck to paycheck

You don't have any other financial responsibilities, do you? You probably don't invest in your retirement and don't have to pay thousands of dollars in bills every month.

Can you please stop lying, you literally gain nothing from it except proving how much of a retarded fanboy you are.

Kepler will receive performance updates in the game and in drivers.

This happens all the time, why aren't you pointing out how on Linux gtx 660 beats most, if not all, of AMDs cards?
Has AMD forgotten about those too now?

AMD has shit drivers on linux, we all know this.

>thousands of dollars in bills every month.
I really don't
how do you end up like this?

Having a house and kids, kiddo. Now go and thank your parents.

My Dad still affords fancy shit over a hundred bucks every now and then and we have a house and all that crap :S

Yes, but how much does he have saved up in his bank accounts? Your College fund? Does he have bonds? Does he invest in retirement? Beyond this, living in an expensive area (like I do, for my job) can have a significant impact on how much you pay per month.

>Comparing benchmarks across different sites with different system configurations

Don't do that, see pic related. The result isn't as embarrassing as the OP's but it's still getting beat handily by a 380X when you compare OpenGL vs Vulkan, which still isn't a great look when it originally competed with the 290x.

>2 frames on the min
>same on the max
This is not handily. I would expect a card that is 2 generations later on the mid end to meet or exceed high end 2 generations ago. Nvidia matches high end with mid in a single generation, for AMD it took 2.

And the point was that regardless, the card performs better in OGL than Vulkan.

>Your College fund? Does he have bonds? Does he invest in retirement?
yes, for my brother to
yes
yes

all shitposting aside, if you don't live from paycheck to paycheck, that means you have like a few hundred bucks left over each month, right?
then it shouldn't be too much of a problem to waste a few hundred bucks every few years

>Kepler will receive performance updates in the game and in drivers

The last performance update that Kepler received via drivers was shortly after the release of The Witcher 3 last year, and that was only to silence the massive "gimping" shitstorm that was brewing. There has been absolutely nothing since then, and won't be in the future.

t. GTX 780 owner

I generally use the extra money on my kids, treat them to something nice.

That's not true and you know it. Nvidia still releases game ready drivers monthly for kepler, and even fermi.

It's not their fault you're too incompetent to update.

t. gtx 680 owner

>700 series cards
Those are like two years old now. Why are they even relevant?

>the GTX 980 came out Summer 2014
700 series cards are 3 1/2 years old user.

>I would expect a card that is 2 generations later on the mid end to meet or exceed high end 2 generations ago.

The 380x and 780ti aren't two generations apart. They're hardly even 1 generation apart. It doesn't even matter anyway since the 280x beats it by an even bigger margin, and that card was the same gen as the 290x.

280x was actually just another shitty rebrand from AMD Rebrandeon.

Who the fuck cares about the prehistoric 700 series? You fucking pleb

Butthurt AMD fags since they know this is only temporary.

You aren't very gainfully employed are you?

Oh yeah, you're right. That makes it even more embarrassing.

You just proved his point. You spend daddy's hard earned money on a new PC every year just to shitpost on a website that you shouldn't be on in the first place because of age restriction. Some people use their leftover dollars on vacation fund/family/other hobbies so they don't upgrade every time a new GPU/CPU comes out.

I know what you are talking about. That tingly feeling when you can treat everyone dear to you to an extended weekend at the beach. Beats both building a new PC and working on my car.

700 series -> R9 200 series -> 900 series -> R9 300 series

That's 2 generations user. GTX 780 came out Spring of 2013, 380 came out Winter 2015.

The 380 is literally just a rebrand of the 285, which came out a year prior. Also the way you're delineating generations is retarded as fuck. The 700 series and the 200 series were in direct competition with each other, they're basically the same gen.

and how much does that cost?

that's right, too much

no ordinary person will buy a 1080

even if they're rich they wouldn't want to spend that much on just a fucking graphics card

>no one will buy a 1080
>the card has been mostly out of stock everywhere in USA

Do you wear a helmet around the house or is your mommy already sick of you so she's letting you run around without one?

because of drivers eventually the 900 series will drop in performance compared to there current gen compediters

Proove to me that Doom on Vulkan isn't a special snowflake
Protip: you can't

ITS AN API MADE BY FUCKING AMD FOR CHRISTS SAKE

DO YOU EXPECT IT TO ACTUALLY WORK WITH NVIDIA CARDS?

Even if it is, AMD still gets better performance in DX12.

IT'S OPEN SOURCE FOR CHRISTS SAKE

WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T NVIDIA BE ABLE TO MAKE IT WORK?

>open source
>standardized by all major cpu/gpu vendors as well as smartphones, including intel/amd/nvidia/arm/qualcom

REEEEEE AMD SUCKS

>nvidia makes gameworks
>makes it proprietary
"LOL AMD SUXX BARELY GET 30FPS XDDD"

>amd makes mantle
>donates it, becomes open source released as Vulkan
"YOU CAN'T EXPECT NVIDIA CARDS TO JUST WERK X(X(X("

>>donates it, becomes open source released as Vulkan
AMD SUXX NVIDIA DOES ASYNC COMPUTE. SEE NVIDIA SPY BENCHMARK>

Have you missed the shitstorm going on because it turns out Time Spy doesn't really use parallel async, but some half ass shit that favors nvidia?

People already played doom 6 months ago on release with opengl

We know they were asked to delay Vulkan so nvidia could "fix their drivers".

>game realeased in may
>people played it 6 months ago
I haven't been paying attention to the gaming scene lately but something doesn't really ads up.

Heh, still waiting on the Denuvo crack to play it myself

>worrying about tech from 3 generations ago

>invest
You mean the system that has crashed TWO TIMES THIS PAST 20 YEARS?
Yeah, trust the system to not fuck up again. The housing bubble is about to burst within a year.

>shills happy their dead API got used by someone

100>200>300>400>500>600>700>800>900>1000
1~~~2~~~~3~~~4~~~5~~~~6~~~7~~~8~~~~9~~~10~~

1000-700= 300
300 is three 100's.
3 generations

>crossfire fury x loses to single fury x

Kek

look at the benchmarks. the 780 ti is getting faced raped by a r7 370. the only ones doing decently are maxwell and pascal.

even the original titan is getting thrashed on by a 7950.

nvidia literally forgot about keplar.

what's disturbing is how dependent each nvidia generation are with drivers.

amd did right with gcn. sharing the same basic architecture allows improvements for one generation to span to previous generations. while nvidia has to do one generation at a time. causing them to literally forget about a generation.

in this case, dx12 and vulkan performance.

wow the r9 380x keep up with the original titan in opengl mode. that's pathetic.

even the 780 ti is losing to the 290x.... in opengl mode. amd has always been terrible with opengl performance. worse than dx11.

come on nvidia.

>750 ti users everywhere
Pretty sure most nvidia users are poorfags. The only difference with amd users is nvidia users are mostly dumb poorfags who fell for the bandwagon.

All I can say is fuck this shit.
GTX 1060 will retail for 360USD where I live, and that's not the founders edition either.

Just a wee bit better than the RX 480 which sells for $390 USD

Fucken wankers adding their middleman import tax.

I'm still on a 650TI 1GB

Idiot, investing when things are rock bottom is what makes poor men rich.

People will always eat, need electricity, oil, and a place to sleep among other things.

>you're poor, no u: the thread
you always want value for your money, always. If you don't you haven't earned your money, regardless of amount.

>be me 3 years ago
>Deciding between a 280x Vapor-X OC (2-fan card) and a Jetstream GTX 770
>770 is 15% more expensive
>Buys the card
Best purchase decision ever. Now am currently waiting for the 490 cause the 480 isn't a very justifiable step-up and I have 700 USD to spend on a new GPU.

Random question: Would you rather have a performance/overclocked version of a lower-tier card, or a mediocre version of an upper-tier card?

Bottomline is, I can't decide whether I want stick with my MSI GTX 1080 Armor Edition, or if I want to save some money and trade it in for an MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Edition, and is relatively cooler and quieter.

I am kind of in the same boat as you, except that my 7970 finally passed away.

>2012
>Deciding to go with 7970
>Buys card
>2560x1600 gaming was great
>Now 3440x1440 gaming

I wouldn't mind spending basically $600 max, but the problem here is that I only need to drive a 3440x1440 display. I don't really know what to do right now. I am forced to use a toaster laptop as my main rig remains without a vidya card.

>>Sup Forums

Not even. The tech behind the 280x came out on 2011. Kinda scary considering how it stomps the newer 780 Ti in Vulcan/DX12 and the 780 in OpenGL and DX11.

How did yours die?

Since I am a budget idiot I don't side up with shit.
But, fucking hell NVIDIA...

I prefer it because of many things but this is plain stupid... Poop performance.

Yet two 480s in cross fire beat a 1080

>mfw Im an AMDfag and have a fury X

Not vs two 480s crossfire. Not to mention cheaper

Started to show artifact. I am not a bitcoin miner. The card's used just for gaymin

only in games that scale well with multi-gpu. and only if they scale really well and in dx12.

My video card is so shit...
*750 Ti*

>Being this delusional
Enjoy your gimped card mate I bet you also like to fuck paraplegics too

>low level API
>Blames nvidia

R9 295X2 Still the most powerful card on the planet

TFW Beating 980 ti
TFW Beating 1080

futuremark.com/hardware/gpu

Pro Duo is faster if you're going to count dual gpu cards

You've got issues...

>mfw dx12

>2012
>deciding between amd card and 670gtx
>nvidia cheaper
>bought it
>still works fine
You should have known that amd uses cheap shit and there cards will die.

>mfw 280x
>friend literally bought a 780ti at around the same time
I genuinely feel bad, no one deserves this shit

My gtx680 still works fantastic. Gigabyte has great qc, but not so great for overclocking

I don't get it, you feel bad that he's gotten better performance than you and will continue to do so until low level APIs become mainstream?

yup, im using gigabyte as well.

get real it's only one game and 99% of the time he'll have 970 performance

he also bought it like a week before the 900 series dropped.
so yeah.

oh fuck, yeah he could have waited for gtx970 and gotten almost same performance with better overclocking potential for much less.

in 99% his card will fucksmash your though.

It's the reason AMD users own houses while Nvidia users live check to check with their parent(s). It's also likely most Nvcucks don't know who their dad is at this point.

Poor cucks don't even know they're being scammed.

It's nice that AMD users now have two games to play (Doom and Ashes)

What's the source of those benchmarks?

kek 16 dx12 already out
3 vulcan already out
expecting 8 more dx12 this year

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1220928

The salt floweth