UK surveillance bill includes powers to limit end-to-end encryption

How do you feel about the government putting limits on encryption? It seems like every time they get shot down, they keep trying again a few months or a year later. I don't think they'll give up until they get what they want.

>The UK government has explicitly confirmed that a surveillance bill now making its way through the second chamber could be used to require a company to remove encryption. And even, in some circumstances, to force a comms service provider not to use end-to-end encryption to secure a future service they are developing. The details were revealed during debate of the Investigatory Powers Bill at a committee session in the House of Lords this week.

archive.is/PCLof

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Lvr6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's another article:
>During a committee stage debate in the UK's House of Lords yesterday, the government revealed that the Investigatory Powers Bill will provide any Secretary of State with the ability to force communication service providers (CSPs) to remove or disable end-to-end encryption.

>Earl Howe, a minister of state for defence and deputy leader in the House of Lords, gave the first explicit admission that the new legislation would provide the British government with the ability to force CSPs to “develop and maintain a technical capability to remove encryption that has been applied to communications or data.”
archive.is/Lvr6U

I have nothing to hide, why should i give a fuck?

This tbqh. The attack in Nice showed that more needs to be done to stop terrorism. If a few pedos get caught along the way, all the better. Literally the only people who have a problem with this are those who use encrypted communication to commit illegal activities.

>we're getting closer to 1984 every day and there's nothing you can do to stop it

You can always go to some african shithole.
Then again you will need enough money to build 5m high walls and hire your own security guards

That's what you get by leaving the EU.

>privacy
>UK
pick one
even in the english books in spanish schools they sometimes go "but Sarah, isn't it bad that there are so many cameras on the street?" -"well, as long as you are not doing anything wrong, you shouldnt care"
some shit like that, i swear

And we've gone over ten years since a major terrorist attack as a result. Maybe you continental fags could learn a thing or two, before Mohammed and friends take you all out.

>staged attacks are proof of something
I see someone is drinking the Jewish kool-aid.

Filter'd.
>>>/twitter/
>>>/tumblr/

Young fella, aren't you?

Enjoying that Orwellian shithole britcuck? You can always move to a free nation that doesn't have this problem.

>He still doesn't know that terrorist attacks are false flags to justify increased surveillance and to take our guns away

>He's forgotten Lee Rigby already

All forms of civil liberties are going to disappear very soon. Theresa May hates all rights and freedoms, and now she's the Prime Minister. We're all doomed. I haven't done anything really bad ever, but it's a slippery slope and I can absolutely see major websites getting completely banned from the UK if they adversely affect the profits of a corporation with a lot of lobbyists. Want to watch TV online? Sky don't want you to, so you'd better hurry up. If your ISP can block streaming websites that are known for piracy, they can block anything they want and force you to surrender all your private details to watch the catch-up TV you already pay for through advertising anyway. Websites that don't make you do that will be blocked. Free-market competition my ass.

>Sup Forums without any britcucks
Maybe this bill isn't so bad.

Since corporations use encryption to hide tax evasion and dirty kebabs for murder. who cares. there will always be a backyard alternative that kebabs are not l33t enough to be aware of. literally FUCK kebabs. and FUCK pedos.

As soon as any tech hits their realm, which may as well be mainstream since they are tech casuals, gov blinkers will go on.

Neither sub group are at the forefront of anything. Fuck em.

>lets willingly fuck up our contry mroe than it is now

good bye world power #3

No end to end encryption means anybody who tries can see the messages between you and someone else.

Cry harder pedo, I fully support this bill and I hope all the cucks who care more about sandniggers get arrested.

this guy

Do you actually believe the entire world populations output of encryption systems will be broken open because that is a lot of resources required that will need diverting from all other areas.

some better tell Putin. The brits are going to blow his intel channels wide open, with a piece of paper.

Connecting to an HTTPS website is not end to end encryption kid, the UK government won't care about your shitposting or loli.

my perception of terrorists are essentially cyber babies who use mainstream widely available and publicized encryption. Being a brute also makes them dumb cunts. Thuggish and war mongering, but not l33t.

is this the bill that was rejected months ago?

level of intellect. Drug dealer tier. ie, not high at all. Just "plz dont catch me"

>The admission follows Theresa May’s confession last November that, since the turn of the millennium, secretaries of state have been issuing secret directions under section 94 of the Telecommunications Act 1984, without any judicial authorisation.
>1984

kek

>some guy posts this on Sup Forums
>thread dies quickly
>find this thread here
>actual discussion

Sup Forums proves yet again that it's superior to the other pleb boards.

>it's solely the quality of the post that matters
>no usernames with posting history to affect the credibility of your thread

However, you need carefully crafted title and specifically chosen .png to grab attention - otherwise your thread will die in fast-moving boards. Try posting 'why do milennials X?' and a screenshot of some article's title for 100+ replies.

pic. unrelated

Ok, let me know one and I might.

[CONTENT REMOVED BY HOME OFFICE INTERNET EXTREMISM TASK FORCE]

This content has been removed by the Home Office for violating laws regarding extremist content on the internet.

Users are reminded that posting or accessing extremist content on the internet carries a penalty of up to 15 years in prison.

g'bless m'lady

https is end to end encryption

Parisian here. I have ~10 friends that lost someone during the attacks in Paris, and I would like to say fuck you.
Instead of losing time spying on every citizen, I prefer that our government use their resources to spy on actual terrorists, people that are known to be pro- isis and to have a better penitential system to avoid what happened.

You can find a lot of articles, interviews of people talking about that kind of stuff and explaining why those laws are useless and a threat to democracy and freedom. But what's the point on telling you that since you'll just stay uneducated and won't even bother to watch or read it.

Does anyone else find it amusing that the people who defend bills like this call others cucks, all while being cucked by their government?

>banning maths
lol brits

>stop pedos from molesting girls by forcing them off of the internet
k

>leave eu
>still cucked

>banning certain combinations of 1s and 0s
lol britbongs

t. tinfoil hat-wearing retard

The government are trying to stop terrorism and other forms of despicable crime like child abuse. These doomsday scenarios where they control the entire internet for the benefit of corporations is fantasist bullshit. We have to be willing to give up certain freedoms in order to be safe. Not being able to hide from the law and commit illegal activities without consequence is a pretty small one. Just don't break the law, it's not hard. Tens of millions of people manage it every day.