ReiserFS is the best filesystem because it kills women

Ext4 for Linux
NTFS for Windows
LUKS for private files
Mac can suck a dick

/thread

LUKS isn't a file system it's an encrypted disk container

You know what I mean. LUKS + ext4

Reiser 4 was the first semi-mainstream FS to do default Copy-on-Write, which was knocked off in ZFS, which in turn was knocked off by btrfs.

The hilarious thing now being that the shift to solid-state storage for anything besides cold storage is making all of these things substantially less relevant.

πfs for everything.

I think the biggest feature that Reiser had that hasn't been duplicated in another filesystem was tail packing.

Since space was wasted in the slack space at the end of allocation units, tail packing split seldom used files into small chunks, and "buried" them in the unused slack tails at the end of partially used allocation blocks.

When you needed the file, it would go out and find all of the scattered pieces.

Kind of like what he did to his wife.

>Mac can suck dick
Edgy
Besides, Macs are going to have the best file system soon, with APFS releasing

>NTFS can hold the most and is perfectly viable so long as you know what you're doing
>FAT32 requires you to lean to one side which will eventually cause colon damage
>FAT16 is useless
>A file goes in things

???

Am I having a stroke? What am I reading?

>best file system
>from the same poo in loos that made the worst filesystem in the history of computers

ext2 is often ideal despite being a little slower and more boring than ext3 and ext4. It's still a modern, performant filesystem by any reasonable standard, and it's way better-supported by embedded systems and other Unices. This becomes particularly important for external media drives, for which filesystem performance isn't very important but having support from random embedded media systems is.

Apple is probably the most American tech company around today. Also, HFS+ was great for it's time, which was 30 years ago when it was designed. The general consensus is that when Apple does something, it does it right.

>Apple is probably the most American tech company around today
2/10

>Also, HFS+ was great for it's time
0/10

>when Apple does something, it does it right.
1/10

See me after class Pajeet.

>best
btrfs already exists, you know

Christ, go kill yourself sperg. Nobody is going to accept this forced meme, no matter how many hours of your day, every year you waste trying to force it. It doesn't even make sense since nobody in India owns Apple and Apple is already successful among normalfags so it doesn't have to hire shills on boards populated by anti-capitalistic basement dwellers.

even linus publicly shits on hfs+

No shit, HFS+ isn't good today compared to other file systems. It was written in the 80s. Even Linus acknowledges that.

ext* and zfs are clearly the best

ext4 with journaling disabled for dialy use and zfs for databases and servers

>What is bitrot
>What is chinese manufacturing centers
>What is shit implementation of software in the OS.

Cmon you aren't even trying dude.

>NTFS

Use ReFS you faggots

NFS is better though

>reiserfs literally never caught on only becasue of the wife murdering meme

Really makes you think.

>>What is bitrot
Not a big problem. And I never said HFS was good today.
>>What is chinese manufacturing centers
Manufacturing large scale tech isn't feasible in USA yet, it's why almost no company does it.
>>What is shit implementation of software in the OS.
Like what?

Then how can you excuse bitrot happening on HFS+ which is made for modern day macs.

>Manufacturing large scale tech isn't feasible in USA yet, it's why almost no company does it.

Thats bullshit the problem is getting people to do it cheap.

>What is shit implementation of software in the OS.
Where do you want me to start ACPI or just in general regard to EFI?

Bitrot is increasingly rare, and happens to literally less than 0.001% of Macs.

>Thats bullshit the problem is getting people to do it cheap.
So they can compete with other companies who manufacture in China. And China offers far more and cheaper minerals then are available in the US that are required for electronics.

>Where do you want me to start ACPI or just in general regard to EFI?
At least try to explain the problem, and don't ape after something you read about online

isn't ext pretty much a UFS/FFS clone?

> 2016
> not using zmfs+

Kill yourself.

Actually, it's increasingly common due to the increasing density of modern hard drives. You just usually never see it because hard drives automatically reallocate bad sectors in the background, most file systems can't detect it, and it doesn't cause devastating problems if a bit or two flips in most files.

Problems occur when a bit flips that breaks your massive project file, or when it flips in your RAID parity stripe which will definitely ruin your day.

Yea, but his rant says that even for the time, it's still a bunch of braindead decisions.
Especially case insensitivity.

Case insensitivity isn't necessarily a problem until you start trying to use it along side case sensitive systems.

The way apple does it is especially braindead however.
At least be honest about it.

At least Apple gives you the choice; when you format a FS, you can pick how it will handle case sensitivity.

The default just happens to be the broken insensitive-but-preserving method.

RedSea is the best FS