what's you're guy's favorite memeboard?

Other urls found in this thread:

keyboardco.com/product/double-shot-filco-105-key-uk-keyset.asp
mechkb.com/products/keycaps/tai-hao-abs-keycap-set
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

next thread will be

First for compact form-factor

The survey is up

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSczo0v2fMtA2cvFu5CVXg4SHaELWfWva88yllXu8gv4Xr2o0g/viewform

>buying keyboards without a numberpad

lol.......

smaller keyboard trigger you?

green

love that colorway and layout

us international underrated

it's not us-intl

the gmk base set isnt ?

cherry reds or gateron reds

this is
i used the green modifiers set for the other keys

Where the F can I get actually decent keycaps for a 60% ANSI layout???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

gaterons

Cherry's are overprices meme switches that have historically always been shit

.com

literally anywhere

bump

Blue or Brown for essays or gaming.

Honeywell Hall Effect

150g blacks for essays, dell quietkey with dog hair for gaming

varmilo va108

y/n

how come a loud psu or gpu is a bad thing, but you love a loud keyboard? I don't get it.

Those noises are unwanted. They are not a product of your actions, but an unexpected side effect of a product that you assumed would not make those sounds.

Loud keyboards make it all too clear that something that you did happened. Some people like aural feedback. It's like making a turn signal; it doesn't feel complete without a *thunk*.

because it's the direct result of me performing an action, rather than just something passive in the background that's out of my control

it's why i might listen to music when falling asleep, but I hate the sound of my neighbors playing music when I'm sleeping. loud noises that I am fully in control of are OK

but which boards sell a gateron equivalent of an mx clear

None.

Cherry ML switches are fucking horrible tho...

>historically always been shit

Early Cherry MX switches were a lot nicer than they are today, before cutting corners and complacency. The plastic they used initially was more slippery and and a smoother mold so they weren't the scratchy garbage they are today.

Doesn't really matter now that the patents are expired and better clones like gatreons exist, though.

>Budget
$100 USD or lower if possible
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Blue or Brown
>Layout
US - International
>Form factor
10keyless
>Backlight
Preferable
>Previous/current keyboards
Sidewinder X4

Any help is appreciated, any mechanical for less than 100 seems to be rice shit and gaudy as hell or just some suspect Chinese hardware

KUL ES87 and GANSS GS87 can be found for around 90-100, check Aliexpress if they're out on Amazon and medhanicalkeyboards.com

Oh, and do yourself a favor and go for clears vs browns if you want quieter switches. Blues are find if you want the click.

Is the GANSS GS87 fucked up or something? Is there a reason it's only $60

I'm deciding between that and the Noppoo Lolita.
Both are cheap for MKBs and I think would be good for a first keyboard to test the waters.

no, it's usually 90 dollars and a great quality non-backlit board.

I didn't realize it was only 60 on amazon right now, that's not going to last long at all.

Noppoos use kailh switches and have a giant "LOLITA" logo, so that's an easy decision when the GANSS is cheaper

It's a $5 difference, and the Lolita logo isn't a problem because I really don't care.

Why are Kailh switches a problem? I've read around and people have mentioned after having both there isn't really much of a noticeable difference

Chink switches with bad QC and no benefits over cherry.

Don't get browns. Browns suck.

So would blues be fine for gaming and typing, both being done very often?
Any other options competing with the GANSS?

blues are good for everything but they are loud as fuck even if not bottomed out because of the click

I don't really mind that, and if it's too bad for my roommate up at school I can always buy dampeners in the future.
I looked into the KUL and it's well upwards of 120 now. I think I'll get the GANSS and then buy a custom set of keycaps.
Thanks user.

Funny, because the logo was a selling point for me.

i like em.

Dampeners won't make blues any quieter.

No you cannot buy dampener because as I said the blues have a click at the bump. They are always loud

How do you like it? Because of
the GANSS might not be an option if I'm sharing a room, I don't want to be limited to when I can use my own PC.

i prefer the mx reds, i think the scratchiness doesn't even feel bad plus it gets better over time.

with gaterons i have experienced a difference in weight across the switches of my board.

>tfw needlessly tiny keyboards
>tfw special snowflake colored key caps
>tfw anything but gray, white or black

Just get the ganss with reds.

Does the miami keycap set trigger you?

Where did you buy those keycaps?

Is Natec Genesis RX75 any good?

seconded

Passable. I am using it for 4 months already.

Prints get paler with intense use. If you look for basic mechanical 100% keyboard for work it's good.

Tested it if switches work correctly with that program they recomended on plebitt and switches in mine were ok.

Getting replacement keycaps is problematic you have to get universal set that contains both iso and ansi key craps.

Will THICC Vortex PBT caps fit on a board with Costar stabilizers? Heard problems about keys clipping each other.
Also, is TaiHao worth $40 if I need to get thin PBT caps?

>shilling this hard

CM Rapid-i

my one had dead LED's but not really an issue as you can turn them off. It has nice softtouch too, but try to get hands on with one before you buy.

Caveat emptor.

Just bought a Leopold FC900 with front printed PBT keys. How'd I do, /mkg/?

Just for the sake of curiosity I ordered the Varmilo TKL with mint keycaps, orange backlighting (whatever) and Gateron Reds. If I dislike it I'll just off that shit locally afterwards, who cares.

How many keyboards do you own now?

5, sold 2.

post all of them

gimme some biggish font characters pbt keycaps for tkl keyboard (novatouch)

It's nothing interesting. Just what's in the pic, 2 Filco Majestouch JIS ISO in Brown (first mech, 2009) and Blue (bought from Sofmap when they were on sale for 9k yen, a constant reminder that I can't use Blues), and a Poker 3 in Brown in their boxes.

old highscreen keyboard

quick shot of my current 60%. dunno why the poker2 looks bent but its not.

>tfw my keyboard is pic related and I'm too poor to change it (my earnings are repaying my student load).

But the worse is
>tfw I'm likely to have a similar hairline within 4 years.

barrel distortion from a phone/small camera sensor, you can correct it in photoshop or paint.net

cool. thanks for the info user.

What keycaps do brands like Razer, corsair and ducky use?

I've heard that keyboards from Filco and WASD make higher quality keyboards than Corsair and Razer. Is there a reason why Corsair and Razer keyboards are more expensive than them?

Thin laser etched ABS in OEM profile.

Though the ducky shine 5 and other duckies of the same generation feature doubleshot ABS keycaps

""""gaming""""

Industrial model m full size just entered the UK :)

Overpriced gaymurrrrr shit. Razer even switched to chink knockoff switches and kept the price just the same

This means they have better quality keycaps than most keyboards de to their doubleshot?

Yes. They're still rather thin, they're still ABS, but they're already ahead of most stock keycaps.

Its so hard to find PBT doubleshot keycaps in the UK

It's a fucking niche market. Import them from somewhere or suck it up.

Though ukkeycaps.com may have some Tai Hao ones. That being said, you should look for dyesubs instead anyway if you want PBT.

What? This was a limited release a few years ago, and the keycaps are ABS. How is it up for preorder in PBT?

Anyone know where I can get custom printed set of translucent or backlit keycaps?

I can find custom printed sets but not with the keycap types I'm after.

How bad is soldering LEDs? Recently put together a board and wondering if I should LED it up (the PCB supports it).

Seems like you can't do SIP socketing after the fact (apparently you have to open the switch?) but I'm fine with in-switch LEDs.

Budget
120 usd max

>Location (continent
at least)
Usa

>Preferred switch TYPE
Brown, pref PBT

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
100% full keyboard

>Backlight
Don't need it

Dell standard something

Saw one ducky one with PBT, any good

get the ducky

Just one Ducky One or another one?

>Budget
we'll say flexible
USA
>Preferred switch type
MX Clear
>Layout
US
>Form factor
80% or 60%
>Backlight
Preferred, red or white, if RGB the controller can't be software
Unicomp Customizer

you should build a board if your budget is flexible

Thoughts on this keycaps set? Its for my Majestouch 2 keyboard, wanted abs doubleshot keycaps and found this
keyboardco.com/product/double-shot-filco-105-key-uk-keyset.asp

Picture of the keycap set

>Anyone know where I can get custom printed set of translucent or backlit keycaps?
No where.

>Budget
Decently high, not over 300$
United States
>Preferred switch type
Greens
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Big as fuck, if not 100% then 120% (w/ left side mappable keys)
>Backlight
Nah
Shitloads of IBM KB series rubber domes

you should get a model m

It's an SA profile set with nice thickness. Good keycaps if you don't mind the somewhat retro look and the fact that ABS will get shiny within a few years of use. If you want to spruce it up later Signature Plastics still makes lots of keycaps in that profile.

How do these keycaps compare to them? mechkb.com/products/keycaps/tai-hao-abs-keycap-set

rate the ridiculous expensive memecaps I'lll be getting in september.

I generally dislike differently-coloured alt-language sub-legends, though the blue isn't too bad.

not even close in similarity.

More modern and plain looking, lower thickness but thicker than the keycaps most boards come with.
They're really good budget sets and are widely available - group buys often have them really cheap. Same manufacturer also does some double shot PBT sets.

You've linked to both an ISO and ANSI set. What layout is the keyboard?
They keycaps won't fit unless you get it right. ISO has the non rectangle enter and small left shift.