bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wrong picture

>shills convinced me to give all my personal info for free

suffering

This toaster has more support for games than a linux machine\
(i wish i was exaggerating)

delete this

Install Ubuntu or Mint instead of Arch or Gentoo or whatever the fuck else.

>2016
>not wanting to be bleeding edge

>2016
>not use Gentoo uclibc testing GNU/Linux with wayland

Is it dangerous to be on the bleeding edge? Can one unstable update destory all my data?

- Linux community promises you will "really know how to use a computer" if you install their OS. Everyone in this game wants to git gud so they fall for it.
- Everyone goes through a Linux phase. It's natural and should be accepted as part of the a hacker's maturation. It should last at least 3 years but no more than 8.
- Unless you get further meme'd into buying the freetard philosophy or contributing to KDE etc., you will one day have an epiphany. There's nothing special about doing everything the slow, time-wasting way on a free OS that's most popularly used as and developed specifically to be a headless server.
- Every single piece of software you liked on Linux, including Emacs and bash, can compile and run on Windows.
- Hackers are interested in writing code, not tinkering with the OS all day.

If you're using a bleeding edge distro, then you should really now how to troubleshoot problems by then.

Do you people just not pay attention to the simpler distros like Elementary OS and Ubuntu?? That shits literally windows without the spyware.

>wasting a get on a copypasta

Its fucking bait

>use Windows 10
>no problems
>"use loonix tard"
>use Fedora
>no problems
>"why don't you want to be on the bleeding edge?"
>use Arch
>lose all my data
>"you should've known how to troubleshoot if you're gonna use Arch"
T-thanks Sup Forums.

Literally this. I'm sticking with Windows XP.

>Ubuntu
>literally amazon spyware
>not a botnet

Aren't Fedora and Arch pretty much on the same level on package versions?

Unlike in Windows 10 that shit could at least be disabled and I believe it's now disabled by default, or so I've heard. I don't have Ubuntu myself, although maybe I should.

Linux is actually useful for certain things. I wouldn't use it as my primary OS, but when it comes to fixing things, Linux has more and better tools for certain jobs.

fucking this

there's no point installing linux now that windows has linux on it

Arch is best distro btw.

posting in a bait thread but as a poorfag who uses an inferior and outdated machine, linux is the shit. i use bodhi and it is so resource-light i basically never lag on a four year old dell with shit specs.

pic related my desktop with conky showing how gay my system is

Surely the next windows after 10 will be free from spyware, r-right guys?

>the Xbox One Kinect will always be on

there will be no next windows

So the temporary poo-in-loo CEO says.

There is no release after 10. Windows will transition to cloud-based subscription rolling release. All software on the Store. All data in the cloud.

/Thread

You should play the one with the fork.

It's almost as good as the one with the bathtub.

Does that mean I won't have to buy EXPENSIVE, BULKY and AwKwArD~ hard disk drives anymore? Yay!

>tfw fell for the skylake meme

>Sup Forums tricked you into purchasing AMD products because "they're more reliable at half the price!"

Said no-one ever

>linux
>everything 3x more complicated for half the result

i think people who like linux are the same kind of people who like cooking. they like the struggle and wasting hours for half the quality and taste of a premade store bought product.

a copypasta that clearly got you roused ;)

I honestly can't understand why anybody would use anything besides Linux in current year. Vidya?

Video mixing for live internet TV broadcasting.

>2003
>using Slackware
>2016
>still using Slackware
Fuck your weebdistros Sup Forums

I used Antergos because a kind user told me it was beginner friendly for linux.
Installed and when I got to the logon screen it had no users to click on. Tried doing that again and still the same problem :(

It's because we're not faggots unlike you user

Are you that weak to be convinced by a shitty imageboard ? You fucktard.

>Sup Forumstards on suicide watch

I did, too. And I really like it. Only use windows for gaming now, nothing else.
Working, especially programming is much more comfy on Linux.

thumbnails in file picker

>He wasn't using Linux before coming to Sup Forums
LMAO instantly kill yourself retarded hypefag

>I know nothing about anything: the post

>updates can "destroy all my data"

Consider suicide

and it cost nothing

>he came g week a go

The Kinect we have now is always on.

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154&

Consider suicide

Should've installed Manjaro instead of a meme distro like Gentoo, Arch, or Ubuntu.

This has to be one of the absolute worst analogies I've ever seen on this board.

>Manjaro
>instead of a meme distro
>instead

XDD

You mean, they like knowing what goes into their product, rather than having a bunch of unwanted shit that they can't remove.

Sure, what you make has the potential to be shit, but if you know what you're doing you will end up with a superior product, catered specifically to you

mfw before i came to Sup Forums or Sup Forums in general i was already an linux user

>- Every single piece of software you liked on Linux, including Emacs and bash, can compile and run on Windows.
are you implying that a normal, non-coding person would ever know what compiling is without using linux or free/open source software?

Fuck off nigger

>falling for any of Sup Forums's memes

kek

this

Thanks Sup Forums. Linux is awesome.

>Is it dangerous to be on the bleeding edge?
Yes:

>buying premade store products
its not funny , my father died that way.

Are you one of the guys who keep making fast food threads on /ck/?

>Sup Forums convinced me into installing GNU + Linux

sudo apt-get install steam

How retarded is Sup Forums?

>he's not intelligent enough to use linux

These reddit tier posts are increasing exponentially. Why the fuck are you coming here?