How often do you shut down your PC Sup Forums?

How often do you shut down your PC Sup Forums?

9 days since last restart here

My computer is on 24/7 but I do reboot every one - two days.

Though right now I'm on eight day uptime. Going to reboot after updating muh nvidia drivers

I reboot once a month to install updates.

i only sleep or hibernate

Every sunday at night.

Every night.

Every night.

Not sure what kind of retard inflates a power bill for absolutely no reason other than showing off a big uptime counter.

I turn off my computer when i don't use it .

Do you leave the lights on at night too?

Enjoy shorting your hard drive life span.

I have bots running 24/7.

A couple days, turn it off to apply driver changes and whatnot.

Looks like Windows had an update on the 13th that requires a reboot (mine just went through the update install when I rebooted an hour ago), so you might want to reboot. It had the print spooler exploit fix.

I hibernate when I'm gone for a while out somewhere/asleep.

the only time my computer is off is when it blue screens or some software requires me to. so pretty much never.

This. Mine is turned off while not being used.

>24 days

once every coupla days

Unfortunately I'm using a cheap laptop so I have to reboot every day or two. When I was using an MBP I would regularly have uptimes of 30+ days.

Why does rebooting Linux make it go faster anyways? Memory leaks? Seems like that shouldn't happen.

>not using your computer at any time

GET OUT NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

proper crab allocation

:(

The reason is not to show off, starting up your computer takes time. Unless you're a poorfag, your time will be more valuable than a few extra cents on the power bill.

>starting up your computer takes time

With UEFI Ultra Fast booting it takes my PC less than 5 seconds.

>his PC doesn't turn on in less than 20 seconds

ok sure, but you also have to set up whatever state the computer was in before. If you use the terminal a lot it's not really possible to save state across reboots.

I have the browser restore the session which is the bulk of it. Terminal stuff I'm opening/closing as it goes. I do have a server that's always on though, but that's more expected.

This isn't even my server...

Do I seriously have the most days in this thread?

I don't even think about restarting and shit. I just close my lid everytime.
welp glad I seen this in time

help

I didn't realize it had been that long since the last time I turned of my computer

>mfw i use a ssd

never but it shuts down when there is ele restriction (once per week i think, since i live in 99th shit cuntry)

wrong pic lmao

Yeah, I tend to have a lot of documents in vim and programming projects persistently open. There is probably some half-baked solution with tmux for this that I should look into.

I'm a slav and I can confirm