AIB 480's WHEN

Anyone know of an ETA for 3rd party 480's? i already resold my reference card and I don't want to fish out $300 for a marginal increase on the 1060 with less VRAM

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(location)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody here knows, horse fucker.

XFX's card looks sexy as fuck though. Why do AMD get nice, understated black designs, whilst Nvidia cards look like fucking toys for five year olds?

didnt asus say mid august?

> fucking toys for five year olds?

Because that's Nvidia's key demographic?

Given the way Asus spectacularly fucked up their 1070 and 1080 Strix cards, that's no indication of anything.

do not follow asus cards( overpriced for nothing), what happened?

shut up mom it's just a phase

You're right, they did a great job.
Nvidia has always been a fan of eye candy.

o i am laffin

I know powercolor is the 21s of this month. the devil thing.

I bet we'll see sapphire's card this week.

next week at the latest

>HIS

what country?

Aimed too high with their factory overclock, terrible yields, no cards on shelves, desperately repurposing OC models that failed testing as cheaper models just to get some cards out there. It's been funny to watch.

>HIS
Literally who? All cards for the Asian market look like tacky garbage.

>HIS
Were not talking about absolute madman tier companies

they were the most hyped aftermarket card. they released way later than originally planned and decided to jack up their price like crazy over what they originally advertised. After all that, their card wasn't anything special.

I'm waiting for it, I really liked their design for the fury.
Too bad I have to buy new tires instead of a new gpu.

DELETE THIS

seriously what is with these designs. I didn't pay attention to the previous generations, were they always this bad?

time to play everyone's favorite game: christian extremism or retarded gaymur branding?

The latter of course.

I do feel slightly uncomfortable buying a card aligning itself with satan. Can't be a good sign. Plus hell is supposed to be hot right? Is Powercolor trying to soften the blow when their temps are revealed?

you're punishing the devil, tying him down to your pcie slot and making him burn.

jesus will understand

>not buying your GPUs from WBC approved sources

how do you live with yourself?

It all makes sense now. It's how AMD get's such good DOOM vulkan scores. They're harnessing the hell energy and now they're building it directly into the boards!

Oy vey are you calling us devils?

>Plus hell is supposed to be hot right?
Christianity stole hell from the Norse. Hel is a cold place. Hel is also a woman.

>that hex
you're not sealing the devil, you're summoning the devil
the five-point pentagon star is the pagan means of sealing

Me thinks that overclockers.co.uk forums say that Sapphire will be in stock on 22nd.

that's expensive in canadian money

That is how you summon AMD drivers.
Kek

>amd literally relying on kabbalah black magic to make their shit work

can't make this up

stop talking about stuff you know nothing about

Why the fuck would you buy a GTX 480 in 2016?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(location)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being)

norse-mythology.org/gods-and-creatures/giants/hel/
Hel (Old Norse Hel, “Hidden”) is a giantess and goddess in Norse mythology who rules over Helheim, the underworld where the dead dwell.

Better than Christian ripoff any day.

Pound is a little shafted right now, so for me personally it is cheaper than getting it in EURO from my local stores. Which nobody knows WHEN will have stock.

Lithuanian mythology so OP compared to ANYTHING ELSE that they don't even have EVIL Gods.

As opposed to what options? What is in the same price/performance range?

Pssssshhhhhh

Whatever......kid

If I wanted to slap a custom cooler on one, have the reference cards been historically better starting point than any of the AIB's?

payday 2 gpu bro

>HIS
>"Built for Roaring Gamers"
>"Quieter - 0dB Fan"
>leds
>blue and yellow together
Embarrassing

this must be the Sup Forums equivalent of 2fast2furious ricers on /o/. This triggers me.

Jews did AMD

looks alright to me, HIS is alright if it was cheaper than the other cards would buy

Water cooled when?

Nitro is next week
Rest are speculated end of august

Something about a typhoon or other minor disaster delaying things

its the ring of solomon actually..

Should i pre-order from overclockers or wait for a cheaper price in the EU?By cheaper i mean euro or dollar.Pound is the most expensive currency out of the three for me.

>implying

I'd rather not let a damigami watercool my GPU

10 points Gryffindoor.

This looks pretty good. Simplistic matt black is better than having that box design imprinted in the card or some stupid flaming lion like in a previous post.

What's the worse she could do, flood your room a little?

pick up a cheap 120mm AIO CPU water cooler and install it yourself brah

I don't know if you realize this but it looks very very similar to the Reference 480

>55614991
bait

gonna buy this shit senpai

AAAAAAAAAAH

I WANT MY HOUSEFIRE GPU

The devil is sealed into the card. If you run this card then the seal will be burned open.

HIS was ATI's first AIB partner.

>1280x1024 w/aa was something gpu's used to struggle with
Really makes you think

>Multimonitor setup is something that still works like in 2002 on AMD cards
Really makes you think

I was using 1280x1024 till late 2014.

how much will that fucking sapphire nitro shit cost in the US??

shortly after nivida gtx 1060 will release their non reference mdoels

$279

>1 fan cools absolutely nothing
you can't make this shit up

>these people posting ugly pieces of shit AIB's when op already posted to prettiest
bunch of fucking braindeads in here

Overclockers says it's due 22nd july and powercolors one will be around the same time, so i'm gonna assume most of them will be out between 20th and the end of the month. Asus won't be till august but fuck them anyway.

>2016
>not knowing how heat pipes work

>not understanding how a heatsink works
>being literally retarded

Which third party makes the most reliable AMD cards? I've always had Nvidia cards, and this will be my first AMD card. Right now I have a GTX 960 so I'm pretty excited to get a card that's literally twice as fast.

Sapphire. They're the EVGA of AMD cards. XFX and PowerColor also do good work though.

>Hel is also a woman.

Figures.

That's the ring of Solomon. It gave him command of genies, demons or to speak to animals.
You are playing with fire when you have that card anyways. In before PCI-E power draw.

thanks hon, not too bad.

guess i found my new card.

Still wait for the 1060 benchmarks

>wait wait wait

IM FUCKING TIRED OF WAITING. JUST LET ME BUY THE FUCKING CARD ALREADY!!

>being this stupid

well i will have to wait until august anyhow, perhaps those will be out by then, and stock will be plentiful so i don't have to wait much.

what about gigglebyte? I used to have a 6850 from them that performed well

I never understand the attraction behind eVGA.

Sapphire is a great company, but eVGA had their snafu with their off-center heatpipes, and their cooling is usually mediocre at best relative to how loud they are.

Zotac can output some surprisingly good and cheap cards, but all the same, I would always look up reviews for individual cards.
>Find an open-box Zotac GTX 960
>4GB of vram
>Full-metal shroud
>Backplate
>Fan turns off at idle

Surprisingly good card--I use it right now for my HTPC build

The waiting is too much, i got fed up and impulsively bought a 380x in the nearest shop.

doom 80 fps ultra
Witcher 60 fps with shadows on medium.
I think that 'm not upgrading any time soon.
Fucking based 7970

Yep, I'd argue there isn't anything on the level of Sapphire on Nvidia's side. I guess EVGA's flagship end cards are alright but you can find better on MSI's flagships anyway.

i like the idea of a golden lion i just think it's all done so poorly

>those blue fans

What's so special about Sapphire? To me it looks like they make cards that are at the same level of MSI.

The heatsink looks to be the most based of them all
The fans look shitty but the heatsink and pipes look really based.

that 1 fan cools more because it has no PCB restricting its airflow

MSI has had consistently good cards for awhile, at least in their mainstream section (Gaming models).

Don't mean to be 'that guy' but I think the only reason Sup Forums fawns over Sapphire is because they're not as mainstream as other manufacturers. Otherwise, there's no reason why you can't recommend a good MSI over a comparative Sapphire.

That looks like an EVGA ACX2.0 cooler

Shit. Their 390(X) is the only voltage locked 390(X) on the market and the cooler is extremely noisy. I'd only put Asus below them for AMD cards these days.

The attraction of EVGA is their unrivalled customer service. Their cards aren't spectacular, but they're solid, middle of the pack performers under every metric.

Appearance is irrelevant really. They make the best coolers around, taming even things like the 290X down to around 70 degrees under full load without sounding like a hurricane. Their build quality is also second to none. Look at that fucking PCB. That sexy little heatsink on the VRMs, which you'll never even see unless you take the cooler off. It doesn't need to be that elaborate. But it is, because Sapphire are fucking great.

They basically made Hawaii worth buying with their Tri-X cooler. Both affordable and reliable, also no shitty Elpida ram. You couldn't get equal value unless you invested in their Lightning. Twin Frozr series doesn't compete and had issues with dying fans. Also even with their Lightning series there was a driver issue where one fan wouldn't turn on.

See the reasons I listed above. Their Gaming series is much better though.

>1 fan cools absolutely nothing

>equal value

Meant equal performance, Lightning was expensive as fuck.

Still better to get a Vapor-X like picturered in unless you found one really cheap.

No, it's because their coolers are just plain better than MSI's. Take it from someone who has owned both a Sapphire 290X Vapor-X and an MSI 290X Gaming that the former was the far, far superior card. Much lower temperatures under load and much quieter. Even the MSI 290X Lightning doesn't come close to the Vapor-X in terms of noise levels.

Sapphire aren't a meme. They're the best AMD partner by none. The idea that they're not mainstream is silly too. They're by far the largest AMD-exclusive brand.

HIS is a based company when it comes to there blower style AIB cards.

>I'd only put Asus below them for AMD cards these days

What's so bad about them?

As someone with a 270 at the moment, the 480 seems like it'd be a great card for me, with roughly twice the performance.

Though i'm a little tempted to wait see if the 490/1060ti comes out at around the £300 mark

The 380x isn't a 7970 though

Gigabyte had issues with the 290x too. They had to change the fan profile because it was running too hot. Pretty sure Powercolor had the same issue except they also shipped review cards with better SK Hynix ram when consumers got Elpida.

Asus? They just recycle their Nvidia coolers on AMD cards, which often results in poor connection with the die and subsequently higher temperatures. It's not like their coolers have even been quiet. Their 390X Strix makes more noise than the Sapphire 390X Nitro whilst running 15 degrees warmer.

I remember Gigabyte's 290X being fairly underwhelming. It was better than the 390X though, which is absolute garbage. They clearly gave no fucks about the 300 series.

I remember that PowerColor issue too. Sneaky.