Why the hell does every Nvidia GPU aftermarket cooler look like a childs toy? fucking flodded with LED's...

why the hell does every Nvidia GPU aftermarket cooler look like a childs toy? fucking flodded with LED's, retarded fucking colors.
why cant they mimic what they do with cards like Sapphire 390. sleek, black and clean.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27zvYGSGrng
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCHmV3c7H1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't even remember what my GPU looks like.
Why are you staring at the inside of your case user?

Because nvidia gpu's are bought by children.

i don't want my pride to look like a thai hooker, it lowers my smug feel. and makes my 1 incher fucking hard, why even ask

Why do you even care about GPU's look?

You just push it inside the case and forget about it

> look like a childs toy?
Because it is

>cough

nvidia meme

If you didn't have a childish side window this would not be an issue.

>just an extra fan
>still minimalist sleek design
What are you trying to imply here m8-e

>toy
>sleek, black and clean.

>child

that was so wrong. look, just play

>tfw nvidiots will never know how it feels to be mature and classy

Nvidia is a dead company anyways.

Great example of what a card should look like if you have taste and aren't a poorfag.

God Damn, this was hands down the sexist card ever.

literally this

so, you don't want your adult toy to look like a toy?

I really hate the whole gaymur aesthetics. I hope I am not the only one who feels that way.

>implying this looks bad

My current card. It's all business here, just flat black shroud and big-ass heatsink.

I blame the increasing popularity of PC gaymin.

I think it does, desu. I seriously dislike the whole armored fuselage bullshit they went for.

Just look how sleek and discrete the 9th series GTXes looked. Guess EVGA fired some decent designers in the last few years.

Brings me back to the good ol days

evga's 900 series cards are the best looking gpu cooler designs in existence. absolutely beautiful. i have that exact same card but the FTW varient.

pls

Every single good case has a side window

>Caring this much about muh looks when you will never see anything but the side and back of your GPU

Do you fucking lay on the floor next to your case window or something? Fucking hell.

I don't even care look how sexy it is

>those corners

hngggg

cards today do look a lot more plain

Something is quite messed up there

I like the look of AMD coolers, they look sleek and serious.

too bad XFX is garbage with cooling

>the copper

cream

I honestly don't get why high end GPUs are designed to appeal for 12 year olds who aren't in a market for one. Pic related coming in the mail and I'm glad its out of sight.

I don't even think my old 12 year old self in 2008 would like these designs, I loved the single slot design and look of the 8800GT back when it when hot.

Might as well ask in this thread. Looking at getting a 1070, who is a decent manufacturer? Tried MSI before, and the card seemed to die within a year an a half. PCI E 2.0 and my power source is 850W combined, for reference.

Hows this for a sexy cooler

Part of the reason I didn't fall for the 1070 meme (on top of all the actual, good reasons) was that every single version of the card is ugly. Maybe the MSI Aero is decent, but it's a blower fan, and I'd rather not have a blower. Other than the blower style cards, they all have angular designs that are covered in LEDs, weird articulation and edgy colours. Just compare the EVGA cards to the last generation designs. They're awful. I hope that Sapphire keep the tri-x design with the slight orange accent for the 490X, or whatever the top AMD card will be. I'd pick up one of those.

The new MSI Twin Frozr coolers seem very impressive as far as dual slot thermal and noise performance goes. The best I've seen in fact. They are a bit pricier than most competition, at least here in northern Yurop. Check reviews, no need to take people's word for this.

>One off
Sorry, user.

It is a child's toy. You buy it to play computer games like a fucking child. They're marketing to towards its intended audience. Now kill yourself.

>was that every single version of the card is ugly
Do you sit there and just fucking stare at the inside of your PC all day long?

because it is a toy.
now be a good goy and keep playing your video games on a bloated app

Even with a big ass window it would still be like this

OP here, i have the fractal R5 without a window. but as i stated in

i though this one looks ok and elegant enough compared to that pure joke Gamerock

Because 80% customers - childrens.

The worst part is the badge thing on the side is too large. Ruins it for me

Except for the stupid "push the limit"

my last card I bought. Pic related. While the entire CLASSIFIED EXTREME LEDs and shit like that on the backplate, the card is great and rather simplistic compared to the latest fucking gtx 10xx series.

Now that thing looks fucking cool, sleek and streamlined, not this bright colored gaymen bullshit, we do more than play games with high end cards, like use OpenCL in video editing.

I will say its the best 1070 out there so you are pushing the limit

GameRock would look nice if it didn't have the Guitar Hero font on it.
Not enough graphix cards have a blue theme.

Psssh.... nothin... Personnel, kid.

High end cards are for fags anyway, their high TDP makes them become toasters as they age, anyway. At least when a midrange card like 750ti becomes an old pile of shit, it'll be an old pile of shit with a 60w TDP.

Doesn't make that text any less stupid.

Cooler objective is to cools the gpu and it serves no other purpose

>giving a shit about what it looks like when all it does is sit in your case

Who's the manchild now, faggot?

>BUT MOOOOOOM IT LOOKS LAAAAAAME IT'S ALL NVIDIA'S FAULT AIBS MAKE RICER SHIT

kys

perfection

Just get some tape and a can of spray paint if it bothers you that much. Even Sup Forums - dumb consumer central should be able to fucking spraypaint something.

>blower fan
>perfection
you stupid moron

Do we look like jayztwocents?

Why do I care about the aesthetics of cards? I don't. But even before I had a custom loop, I didn't want something that looked fucking ugly.
Some of us like looking at our internals.
Doesn't make you a kid, just means you like looking at internals.
You need clean internals though.

>watercooling
Is this a computer, or a car?

Its a very valued computer. Besides, who doesn't want to put a personal touch on the things they've worked hard for?
Custom loop water cooling is the ultimate way of personalising a computers hardware.

Look up the evga 6tx 660ti. Objectively the most sexy nvidia card

That is a cool lookin card.

rx 480 betaing FuryX
lol nigga wut?

I must say I love mine, I have 3 in sli and it chews through most games, paired with dual xeon x5690s and it will play almost any game (so the kiddo can play his minecraft, and I can play Witcher 3)

Just fell for the 1080 meme
$809

That's crossfired. It makes absolute sense that it would.
Speaking of the Fury X though, I am so fucking happy that I have one. Especially after youtube.com/watch?v=27zvYGSGrng shows that the Fury X still has a strong life ahead of it yet. It just NEEDS DX12/Vulkan to become mainstream to get its full utilisation.

Supreme gentlemen design
Classy

>He waited 2 years to max games beyond 1080p with a $500 GPU.
>Now he can max 5 of them and has to pay $60 for each one of them as they all use Denuvo anti-tamper.

Oh please do tell AMD cuck.

Anyone too autistic to turn down worthless settings like shadows (which don't add any real graphical benefit in most cases) for a smoother ride, well, they'll do what they'll do otherwise they'll throw their temper tantrum.
Me? I'm happy to turn down/off useless settings to enjoy my stuff at 1440 above 60fps, up to 144.

the furyX was a fail of a GPU.
dx12 will make it last 1 year longer, but still a fail

A failure? Depends on what you expected, what you required. Still doesn't mean its a bad card though.

>Pays hundreds of dollars for a GPU
>Defends it by saying you don't have to use best provided settings

AYYMD. Oh well at least you only had to wait 2-3 years to actually get to a performance of 980 Ti in a single AMD title.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCHmV3c7H1Q

>ID Software
>AMD bias
Since when?

why would anyone turn on antialiasing and ruin the sharpness?
just downscale from 4k.

:^)

AMD fans expected titanX beating performance for $500.
in reality is was slower in 99% of titles.

Personally I don't do either. Or, perhaps I'll turn some slight AA on.
I'm sitting at roughly 30-32" away from my 27" screen. At 2560x1440, the pixel density makes that spot on for 'Retina' by a pixel density calculator.

But that's exactly the performance it gives.
980Ti may be cut down titan, but Nvidia excels in less shaders for a higher clock to achieve results, so that works out for them anyway.

It's what appeals to their customer base

The 1080 actually has a couple of great looking cards.

I'm probably going to get a 480 or 490 anyways though

Do yourself a favour, wait for 490 if you can. 480 is okay, but its a budget card. Its good for a budget card, but the 490 should be where the real meat is.

Another one

Can't deny those digits.

That was the plan, shouldn't buy the 480 until we know how the 490 is performance and price wise, I'm someone who loves sli so I'll probably put the 490 in sli if it costs less than 500$

I reckon the 490 will cost between $350-399USD.
They'll be wanting to grab more of the market yet again, and if they want to make a successor to the Fury series, that's where they'll charge $450-550 or perhaps even up to $600.

The 1080 costs around 1000$ here so whatever the price is, it'll probably be more worth than that.

Australia I suppose? If so, your prices are shit for everything anyway, though you don't help yourselves because you don't take into consideration that its what happens when you make 18 dollars minimum wage or whatever it is.

Sweden actually, 1070 costs around 600$, 480 is 400$.
So the market here is fucked up desu.
We also need to wait like 1-2 weeks after a card is released in America to get it.

The blower style can be perfect too, depends from system to system.
They can be sexy too

Blower style cooler cuts some slack on your cpu, though runs a tad hotter than aftermarket ones