Buys ATX full tower

>Buys ATX full tower
>Only puts single gpu in it
>"What's an expansion card?"

These people irritate me to no end. Unless you're running some autistic 4x crossfire setup, there is no reason to use atx or eatx at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ipZY0qGrA9Y
pcpartpicker.com/b/sgRBD3#partlist
fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-mini
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shitloads of HDDs. mATX doesn't have that many SATA ports.

there are other things that go in PCI slots you know

Why pay more for less? My watercooled eatx build is as big as most matx builds.

Many "gamers" won't use more than one or two Tb of space.

I want a new WTX board.

lol'd

Most modern boards already have a LAN card and sound card integrated so you don't need PCI slots for that unless your an audiophile.

I plan on an ATX build so I can have plenty of space for anime.

>tfw plebs will never understand the intensity of pleasure an eargasm brings

Source?

I always reserve 4 of the slots for 2 gpus (if I ever find one used for cheap years later like I did with 570s and so on).

The rest I leave for raid cards because I got too many HDs (10) and 2 SSDs.

How many GPU's can a cross fire board run? Like one for every slot I'd imagine?

Wat. AMD crossfire is limited to 4 gpus in most cases...you could do that, but they won't be in crossfire

No true audiophile would ever use a PCI audiocard

Then don't buy it.

PCI wifi card
PCI SSD X2 (raid 0)
PCI GFX card X2
PCI Thunderbolt (to external dive to back up dat raid 0)

They have uses. Op may be like "i dont need it" Then dont buy it.

Why do you feel the need to bitch about people that do need and use multiple pci express ports?

Man they really fucked over their 7x watercooled nano crossfire userbase.

>I don't need it so no one else does

Fucking retard.

How does this then?

But there's no gamers here. Just look at all the GPU threads about CUDA cores and 3D rendering previews.

That's not SLI/Crossfire. Each GPU is controlled individually.

Having a large/comprehensive case is the only aspect of a PC that you can truly "Futureproof".

In summary: Fuck off. You can eat all 900 of my D's

> thinking people only put GPU's in PCI slots
> thinking people who play games don't also do other things on their computer
> being this stupid

underage b&

Go to the gym

Ultrasone Edition 10 headphone review by InnerFidelity:
youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ
Also check out his Beats Solo review:
youtube.com/watch?v=ipZY0qGrA9Y

Most of his reviews are legit and normal, but he does do some like these from time to time.

You can only run up to four GPUs in *synchronous* operation (SLI/CF), meaning that when all contribute to rendering the same content, however, you can have up to eight GPUs running in async compute, meaning each GPU is doing it's own thing.
In Linus's setup, each GPU was virtually mapped to a separate VM, meaning that Crossfire is meaningless as none of the cards know of each others existence.
In a compute server, each GPU is also treated as a separate virtual resource, which is what allows you to utilize an unlimited number of GPUs from a server for heavy-duty rendering.

I'm upgrading from ITX to E-ATX.

How does this make you feel, OP?

>e-atx
>only 8 dimms
>only single processor

just burn your money, its faster

All 8-dimms will be occupied. Obviously so will the one CPU socket. And likely only one PCIe slot at the very bottom will go unused. Only because it'll drop performance/shares bandwidth from the M.2 slot.

If you don't run a NAS for bulk data (vids, mp3, backup) you're doing it wrong.

Dual CPU boards don't come in anything smaller than ATX.
Most ITX and mATX boards I've seen have 6, it's rare to see any board with less than 6.

Pic Related. this board fills my case quite nicely, it's a shame the expansion layout is so horrible.

That's pretty neato. Any plans for a custom water-loop?

When I have $300 to spend on something that improves performance by very little or not at all.

The original point of this post was not to bash people who actually need expansion cards to run. I just hate people like this who absolutely waste all that extra space. pcpartpicker.com/b/sgRBD3#partlist

Also, I didn't know intel made water cooling kits. They must be shit.

>5 5.25" bays
>6 3.5" bays
>more than two pci expansion slots
crusty cumstained neckbeards

That's hilarious. Like the m-ITX in the same case meme.

Most AIO's are OEM from ASETEK, so, it's likely just as fine as something like the "Corsair H80" with an equivalent fan.

>Pic is apparently an ITX board in a 760T full tower.

>fat
>underage

yep, Sup Forums

someone post the image of the mITX system in that bigass corsair tower that was watercooled.

what makes anything a NAS, calling it that makes you sound old

2016 any directory can be mapped to the internet with security from any computer with internet

That's the Cooler Master Cosmos II, same case as the link in this post: Fucking pointless to do this lol

µATX mobos with decent build quality cost more than ATX mobos with decent build quality. You end up paying more for less.

Oh, I thought it was corsair. Glad to know at least someone had it though.

I dont get the mindset though of insisting on the installation of an ITX board in a full tower other than it being a troll build.

I got that same case. It's legit.

My matx board has 10 ports, how many do you need? Jesus, man.

>tripple rad
>push pull
>1 CPU
for what purpose?

It had to be just for the picture. I hope that wasn't a seriously/finished rig.

This is the glass panel version. It's pretty bad ass.

ATX is mostly cheaper , also more Sata ports, and every gamer dreams of "buying a second GPU" down the road, but 90% don't do it

which phanteks case is that?

Enthoo Pro

>PCI Thunderbolt (to external dive to back up dat raid 0)

Raid 0 is saying I don't care about recovering data. Just fuck it up whenever.

> (OP)
>ATX is mostly cheaper , also more Sata ports, and every gamer dreams of "buying a second GPU" down the road, but 90% don't do it
Truth. By the time the card comes down in price to consider buying the next gen is already outpacing your 2x cards.

Plus all the shit that comes with sli/crossfire I never want to deal with again. Sorry, not willing to wait for a patch to stop any new game from hitching

You can run dual cards on mATX anyway.

There are uses for PCI slots other than graphics cards. Using two GPU's on mATX usually blocks all the slots.

I just got the one with the window. I was looking at the full clear side panel, but it looked like it would get dirty easily.

There really aren't any other uses. Unless you need a RAID card, but I think that's a questionable choice.

Sound cards, capture cards, network cards, shall I go on?

All motherboards have built in network, sound cards are obsolete, capture card is even more niche than RAID card.

What if I want more network ports and a wireless connection, or a 10GbE Copper connection? What if the onboard sound fails or I need a more fully featured sound card with higher sampling frequencies?

i have like 11tb of storage with about 8tb used up
i'm a bit of a data hoarder

mATX and ATX cases cost around the same, so why not just go for the bigger one?

It's the opposite, most gamers never fucking ever uninstall anything and wind up filling drive after drive after drive. This is at least true for most of my friends.

All of those are very rare needs and if you combine them with the fact that most people who think "o I'm gonna get SLI" never do, you end up with having that free slot anyway.

I mean obviously if you actually know you need all that crap, you ought to get a bigger board.. but I don't think that's typical. I use a sound card but only a single graphics card on a mATX board. I also thought of getting a RAID card for a hardware raid 5 and I have a free slot for that but the price just isn't worth it.

>My favourite gayming motherboard doesent come in itx size
>mpower z97 + 4790k for less than 400
>favourite case (H440)
>at the time a cheap bundled pack
>fuckton of hdd's
>SLI gtx980's and 970's, some 680's and R9 290's because why the fuck not, science
>theme build
>custom waterloop

now it's a clusterfuck, sold my 1070 for a profit and took apart my waterloop and lending friend's H110i GT

>SLI gtx980's and 970's, some 680's and R9 290's because why the fuck not, science
pardon?

>tfw my ATX case only has room for 4 drives

This is why we invented tape. Glue some SSDs to your back panel.

But then he'll be laughed at in muh guts threads

I haven't found an mATX case that I like. Everything only comes with a window. That Silverstone inverted mATX case has a top fan filter that sticks out way too much. If there was an mATX R5 then I would have gone mATX.

fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-mini

There is an R4.

>not having a second GPU and NIC for PCI passthrough to a VM
>not having serial ports

Mine holds 6. There's also a hotswap dock at the top

>trying to sound smart when you own a windforce GPU

If it was an R5, I would have bought it.

i play games and only have a 512 ssd

What?

mITX can do like 8

No gamer does. Games don't take that much space and you can just uninstall the ones you aren't playing. I have 9.5TB of space in a mATX case tho.

What are pci-e ssds, sata/sas host adapters, usb 3.1 addon cards, 10GbE lan cards, 4 port 1GbE lan card?

Why? So you can use your shitbox computer as server/nas or as a router/firewall or both.

Drugs man

what i meant was that me and my friends trade around/lend various components for pc's and when i get a chance i sli/cf gpus

yeah, they're the autists, and you're the one making a thread about it

:^)

What's the fastest emoji expansion card?

1) buy mATX motherboard
2) buy PCIe SATA controller
3) ???
4) profit

who the fuck cares about games?

PCI-E expansion card users.

>Dual CPU boards don't come in anything smaller than ATX.
Mainly, this

In my case i need to buy a PCI USB 2.0 card and put the WiFi one

Yeah, but then your data isn't available for other devices like your media center when your gaming PC is turned off.

>tfw mini-ATX board cost just as much as regular ATX for socket 2011-3

at least you get more fan connectors on ATX

That's because mATX for 2011-3 is insane miniaturization. It's not easy to get that socket on a board that small. The only thing more insane is ITX 2011-3, which I believe only ASRock has tried.

No fans in the back?

My i5 2400 hits 75+ with new paste.

Can't attach a cooler with backplate since some of the motherboard screws are fucked.

I don't have 80mm fans, this case is temporal until I can afford a Nanoxia Deep Silence 2. It was the case of my first PC. Max temp reached was 68º while playing Fallout 4, they're 6-core xeons at low speed, so is not that bad

Didn't shuttle have a lga 2011 board for their enclosures?
Wait no that was extended dtx, shitty board awesome formfactor for gaming computer builds

>turning your gaming PC off
>not just setting it into a low-power state
kekkerino, i bet daddy doesn't let you keep the electronics on because "muh power bills"

Its not really about what cards you're going to put in there on day one. It's the cards you'll use to avoid having to buy a whole new rig for some incremental upgrade. My first gen i7 build didn't have USB 3 or SATA 3 because they weren't things yet. Now it does and I can defer expensive upgrades for another few years. If you're spending your own money this matters.

Dude you should sell me your ncase m1

Mine doesn't have those features either, but I don't need them. For SATA3 to make sense, you need SSDs and even then I've found that SSDs are a perfectly good upgrade even on SATA1. Not perfect, but good enough. Certainly not worth buying an additional SATA card for.

USB3 I don't know about, I've not found a single USB3 device so far. I bought a SATA hotswap bay for HDDs so external HDDS aren't very interesting.

You can get a SATA 3 card for 12 bucks. A USB 3 card for 25. If you use flash drives, USB 3 speeds life up quite a bit. You're right about needing an SSD to make use of SATA 3, but SSDs have been the biggest every day performance boost in a long time, so its not an uncommon bar for people to clear anymore.

Extra slots are handy.

>you only need a bed / kitchen / loo to survive
why are you not living in a trailer? only people who have 2 kids need 3 bedrooms and 3 toilets and should own a condo.

>you only need potato and milk to stay alive
why are you eating steak / cereals / ice cream then? Only if you are allergic to potatoes and milk should you try other alternative

fucking autistic faggot. i can't have it so others who have it and not using it to it's full potential is a moron. this is what you sound like OP

Found sata2 ssd is plenty of performance for me, got a usb3 add in card for my plethora of external drives, also on a first gen i7 here. Had to buy a nic as the one on my mobo broke also. Trouble is my board only had 2x pcie1x slots.