Are there any good, free antivirus programs out there? I know common sense is good but i just want to feel extra safe

Are there any good, free antivirus programs out there? I know common sense is good but i just want to feel extra safe.

windows defender

this tbqhwu

Linux.

install gentoo

Common Sense 2K16 Edition

avira maybe

i personally had total 360 so far it was ok nothing too much but ok

i use malwarebytes but have no idea what it protects me from

I use Avast Antivirus. Disable sound under general settings. Disable software updater, cleanup, and secureline vpn under tools and you're fine. Just register a throw away email and you get a free year. Register again after a year and get another year.

goes for cheap every year on christmas season

huge waste of time. Just use Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender. You don't need a third party app at all.

malwarebytes premium.

bloat

Avast bought GMER and that means it is decent. If you must use AV it's a good choice.

More bloated than the morning after Thanksgiving.

>too much bloat!!
Oh my god this antivirus is bloated? I'd rather not have ANY AV for sure than having bloat on my pc!!
t. arch user

AVG

how do i convince half my family to stop buying it every year

Malwarebytes Anti Malware + Anti Exploit.

Anything else that constantly runs in the background for "free protection" is a virus in itself.

You can get Eset licenses on ebay for less than 5 bucks, stop being a greedy mofo.

>mfw my computer illiterate family uses mcafee
>mfw I'm designated tech support every family meetup and have to go through every single message the shitty software gives

>he claims to exercise common sense 2016.
>he is yet to install gnu+linux.

New release of C.S.

show them eset