I'm thinking of buying an Ikea Markus, since my current cheap chair is giving me some back pain

I'm thinking of buying an Ikea Markus, since my current cheap chair is giving me some back pain.

Anybody here have one of these and can give me their opinion on it? Any other suggestions of chairs in that sort of price range ($150-$250) would also be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/HERCULES-Intensive-Multi-Shift-Capacity-Executive/dp/B014FJYACK/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1468777740&sr=1-2&keywords=hercules series 24/7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just return it if you dont like it m8

Markus here. Would buy again, definitely helped me with back problems.
Of course as always ymmv, so try it before buying.

It's the best poorfag chair. Nothing better than it that doesn't cost twice as much.

I'm looking for a new chair too, I have the worst piece of shit at work right now and finally got the go ahead to buy something decent.

What should I get senpai?

>pic related, my current chair

>What should I get senpai?
some testosterone shots so that you would stop talking like a faggot

fuck you satan

>2016
>not knowing wordfilters exist
candyass roodypoo

I have one for about a week now, I don't know what you want to know about it. It's alot better than my previous chair.

I have one. I don't like the arm rests and the fact that you can't adjust them

>not knowing wordfilters exist
so I should filter words so that you would look less like a faggot?
why dont you go back to

are you really this summer? fuck off unless you want to talk about chairs

Just got one yesterday, it's okay, I mean I don't understand why it costs 130€ but I guess it's worth it if I use a lot, which I do.

It's good. Plenty comfy. 2 years going strong.

A new leather headrest for my KAB Seating ACS Executive costs more than that fämäläm

stop being a fagoot

>not embracing the filters
baka desu senpai

This things so confy I can sit in this for days.

I am aware the chair is very cheap compared to other chairs, and chair accessories, however I do not understand the reason behind the price.

until the cheap cylinder breaks

if you live in Europe check ebay for "dauphin shape" chairs, about 200€ for a super sturdy and nice office chair, goes for 600€ in retail I think

how much weight can this chair handle?

I'm 368 lbs atm

and i'm 5' 4'' tall if that matters.

Markusbro here. For the love of God, stay away from it. Terrible seat cushion with leather aka doesn't breathe and awful lumbar support. I'm almost convince this chair is responsible for my L5-S1 disc herniation.

This fucker designed for 24/7 use and rated up to 500 lbs.

The fuck are you talking about?

I am guessing but maybe this part
its always plastic, and it often breaks
but I guess that if they really rate it for some 250kg monsters, it must also use better quality plastic cap on the cylinder

I am saying I am guessing, because I am not the guy who talkedabout dolphine chairs

Link pls. Need a new chair

I have it and it's very good, although i'm sure i've got lordosis from leaning back in it nearly 24/7. It's not a chair that will help you with back problems in my opinion.

It's sturdy, built like a tank and looks great though.

The site filters certain words automatically you fucking retard.

I got something like this last month, plenty comfy, regulation everywhere.

Doubt it, theres enough anime morons
but lets say you right, which ones are being filtered? So I can test if true or anime faggot

baka desu senpai is "s m h" "t b h" "f a m" unless the filter was disabled

I have one, it's unusable.
You can't push the back back at all and the seating is skewed downwards making sitting on it impossible.

Maybe I had a defect model...

senpai
desu
senpai
senpai
baka
baka

realistically I can spend a few hundred bucks on something decent. what should I get?

are herman miller chairs a meme or are they worth the money?

lurk moar newfag

Try finding a used Zody chair by Haworth. I can sit in one for hours comfortably, best chair I've used so far.

hmm, seems you right
I feel relieved that there are not so many anime faggots speaking like retards voluntary

amazon.com/HERCULES-Intensive-Multi-Shift-Capacity-Executive/dp/B014FJYACK/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1468777740&sr=1-2&keywords=hercules series 24/7

I would actually buy it if it was available in the europe
my father needs new PC chair and he is close to 130kg, but also 190cm

I checked some sites and all in all it would cost me with shipping and duties something like 700€

Man its so confy its ridiculous.
I'm 82 kilos 184cm.

you are not helping

Shhh. Keep your eye out, maybe it'll become available in Europe.

Look through whole 24/7 series of chairs, maybe something will be available. Also this chair exists in leather variant, maybe that available.

how is the cushion on this? looking at the amazon page now. most reviews are positive but some are complaining that the seat cushion is too firm and not soft. this chair looks perfect for me but worried about those neg reviews

nah, father got birthday at the end of august...
will look around for local offerings

For the the cushion, its sufficient. Id rate is 4/5. Since the chair is wide as fuck, you can add your own without problems.

Just bought this.
Any one have it?

Joot is teaching us Japanese

Cultural propagation

Call the nearest used office furniture dealer.

They will have a reconditioned Steelcase Leap w/ minor visual defects for about the same price as a new Markus.

too bad leaps are awful and hurt the back like shit with their garbage design, unlike the markus.

You know you can adjust the lumbar support point by moving that bar thing on the back, no?

Every single person who complains about back being uncomfortable on Leap never realized they can adjust the lumbar.

I bought a markus last year.

Better get a cocyx cushion if you plan on sitting for more than a few hours.

The parts are solid, but the seat wears down after a few hours of sitting.

Also, if you buy on the internet expect to pay at least $50 of shipping (and sales tax if your state has it).

>$50 of shipping

>his city doesn't have an Ikea pick-up point where you can have your stuff shipped for $10 flat

>living in a fucking leaf

Anyone eurofag could recommend me a good chair for 100€? Mine looks like it's gonna give up any minute now

Save up a bit more and get a Markus on sale. It's probably the best you can get on the cheap, even if you're going second-hand.

I'm so fucking dumb, didnt even think to check second hand, there is one for 40€ around..

The Ikea Torkel is pretty comfy. It's what I use. I sit in it 17 hours a day.

what is the most comfy chair i could get, i just want something i could potentially lounge in.

read this

it's quite good, though the cushioning gets warm after being seated for a while which makes me want a barebones wooden chair in hot weather

I'm monitoring this thread, though I don't think a chair is my immediate problem. I don't know what it is but I just cannot sit straight, part of it I feel is my desk but I'll blame the chair as well.

I'm 5'10" 180lbs and I suffer from from crippling autoimmune arthritis. I have a Markus and it's pretty decent. I can sit in it all day without issues. At a previous job I spent 10 years sitting in an aeron and while the aeron is better in a lot of ways, the Markus is great for the price.

Does anyone have a link to something resembling a full blown recliner (like a Lazy boy,) but that can still edge up against my desk? Preferably under $300.

I was diagnosed with IBS earlier this year. It's gotten to the point that I cannot sit in a normal office chair and be comfortable.

The intestines on my right side feel like they are being rung out like a wet towel pretty much 24/7. It's been like that for the last year. When I get home from work now I alternate between the bed and my desk because sitting is uncomfortable.

baka
desu
senpai

senpai

Anyone with upper back / thoracic spine problems? I'm looking for a chair providing good upper back support / extension, but all of them seem to have this exaggerated "anatomical" concave there that kills my fucking back.

also btw, my budget is $80

That's too much, if your budget is higher than -9348 you're doing it wrong. Why should you pay for a chair, let alone a good chair? What kind of world is this?