Apple spent 2 years designing this

>Apple spent 2 years designing this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beats_Electronics#HTC_purchase_and_non-renewal_of_Monster_contract
youtu.be/cXd155v8Z5U?t=46s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>poorfag detected
get with the times pajeetdroid.

ONE
N
E

PORT
O
R
T

Why the fuck is the camera bump getting bigger

I'll buy one, and trash my androisackofshit.

If this is the best Apple can shit out I'll be switching to a Nexus phone.

>camera bump gets bigger
>vomit-inducing antenna bands still present, just relocated
>iOS is still as restricted as ever
>phone still bends like a banana
>$1000 for 32GB storage

Is anyone actually this dumb? Please let it not be so...

Apple should design a 4000mah battery in their phone so it could get over 9 hours of SOT like my redmeme note 3 pro.

Why would they do this? iPhone 7s is out next year, and they want you to "upgrade"!

>camera bump gets bigger
Thats because the camera modules are getting bigger..Android phones do the same thing
>phone still bends like a banana
The 7000 series aluminum in the 6S corrected this issue, so it should be corrected for 7 as well.

Man those lines in the back were shat on a lot back when it came out, but I sort of miss them if this is indeed the final design, looks like something is missing.

>Thats because the camera modules are getting bigger..Android phones do the same thing
then they should make phones thicker
if they do that they can add more battery and include a 3.5mm jack without issues

Companies need to stop falling for the thin meme

>Thats because the camera modules are getting bigger
Having a slightly thicker phone is not the end of the world, and allows for a bigger battery. But I do understand that style over function is the name of the game.

>The 7000 series aluminum in the 6S corrected this issue
I wouldn't use "corrected". I would use "improved" instead. The phone is still one of the most fragile ones on the market, and, in many cases, by a long shot.

Seriously though why did they remove the headphone jack? They look like they are almost the same width.

>no 3.5mm

What a way to cuck the customer

They will be using a patented Lightning connector. This means that you are forever tied to Apple when it comes to overprices accessories, such as headphones. If Apple users still refuse to admit how much of cucks they are, then I hope this will be the last straw for many.

I am not looking forward to Apple shill flood defensing this bullshit close to iP7 release date.

>Companies need to stop falling for the thin meme
This.
I held a friend's Edge and it was really uncomfortable to hold.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Companies need to stop falling for the thin meme

They don't fall for it. It's just that the market research tells them that thin phones sell better. When people try out phones in the store thinness is the thing that is visible not battery life. Most people don't read reviews before buying a phone.

Lighting is a far more robust and durable connector than micro-USB. It is also probably more durable and robust than USB-C. Keep in mind, that Apple had a hand in the design of USB-C too.

and they ripped off HTC design

Yeah but do the headphones have to use it too? Kind of limits the customer's options.

I never said that Lightning connector was trash, but its main purpose is to milk the user for extra $$. It also will limit competition, while locking you in to a single company. And, finally, most people don't actually NEED it.

More like 2 hours

Even if it's not thinner, the jack takes up a decent amount of space inside the phone that could be used for something else.

>Customer's options
>Apple

Come on, the entire philosophy of Apple's business model is "we make one design, and you'll buy it no matter what." Apple has basically always been anti-choice/customization.

>The 7000 series aluminum in the 6S corrected this issue
Heh, no. Friend of mine just got his 6s screen repaired, turns out they had to replace the aluminium body as well because it was bent. Essentially the repair shop just moved his main board into a new iPhone.

I wasn't looking for a new phone back when this beauty came out, but if I was, then it would have been my #1 choice. Possibly in black, too.

so that the next version will be flat and people will buy it

the iphone: re-invented

>Business is gonna buisness
I dont know why it bothers people so much that companies do the things they do.
If you dont like it, dont buy it.

My saxophone teacher used to say this about Kenny G and his music. "Did he sell out, yes, but now he has lots of money. If you were in his position you would too."

All of these companies are out to make much money as they can, by making their products as cheap as the can, and selling them for the most they can.

It's the last thing holding us back, now that the headphone jack is gone

iListen headphones: only $499.99, now with the new iJack: $2999.99

Next time there will be no port. You just buy a new one when battery runs out.

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense to take advantage of dumb Americans. I, personally, am not a business, so I look at it with human eyes, and not with the eyes of a faceless corporation. All I see is cuckery and greed, and I am not ok with it.

But good for Apple. I am glad that their taxes help the Americans that they exploit. Oh wait...

Umm, well, at least Apple contributes a little slice of their billion dollar profits to good causes and charities here in America. Oh wait...

Shit... errr... Apple Care is awesome, as only costs $99!! :^D

Still can't believe Apple hasn't invented wireless charging yet

Shit that's good.

they are too dumb to realize what a hollow-core transformer is

>The 7000 series aluminum in the 6S corrected the laws of physics
Sure buddy.

>no headphone port
>one usb C port
>camera bump for some reason
>no fucking headphone port so say hello to lugging around several pairs bluetooth headphones to do the job of one pair of decent headphones

>implying there won't be headphone adapters

congrats you just described the Moto Z

>headphone adapters
>when there could have just been a jack in the first place
>even more wiring to lug around
>all to shave off a millimeter

then i will not be buying it

oh almost forgot

>can no longer listen to media and charge phone at the same time
>all for one less measly millimeter

Is this the continuation of their decline?

They had one job, put out one good looking fashion accessory with a different signature look. Not sure how hard that can be

>>phone still bends like a banana
Actually they fixed that, and tests also showed the Samsung Galaxy bent even easier anyway.

>beats audio
Bet faggots feel real silly basically having another Apple-logo on their non-Apple phone.

>iPlug
>only $59.99 at your neighborhood Apple Store TM (C) (R)

>innuhvashiun by removing features
how far can they push the memes before even the most delusional Apple users stop taking it?

I'm looking forward to the Lighting EarPods.
The regular 3.5mm jack isn't tight enough - I need my headphones to save my phone when I drop it.

Apple has a history of dropping connectors, they have been doing it for years.

are lightening ports that tight? looks like its just a thin sliver you slide into the port

>I drop my phones all the time

The mystery of cracked screens on 80% of iPhones has just been solved. iPhone users are just clumsy oafs. Who would have thunk it!

HTC actually owned Beats back then, then sold it to Apple when it stopped being popular.

And thats why you'll never be as successful as apple, enjoy your ethics while you live in a pile of your own filth pleb

Apple has no idea what to do without Jobs. Just look at their new macbook. They seriously think 1 USB-C port is acceptable? I bet you my next paycheck they will do the same bullshit to the MBP. They claim it was to make it thinner, but that's a lie. The Asus Zenbook UX305 is thinner and has a full array of ports. It's cheaper too, by about 600 dollars.

>Implying Android isn't the best option for a phone at the current moment
Are you a shill or just memeing?

This shit makes me think Jony Ive isn't alive. The 6/6S are the most non-Apple looking devices to ever come out of the company since Ive joined in the 90s.

The design of the 5S was perfection, the 4S with a 16:9 screen too, while being slightly thinner but the same overall design, that would be fucking glorious.

>mfw I always see poor people with iPhones
>mfw these poor people have always broken their phone but are too poor to get a new one

If I'm really honest with myself, if I see a nigger or white trash with an iPhone I assume it's broken.

I live comfy, and I don't have to be sleazy while I am doing it. How about you?

nu-Apple can't even make a good aesthetic design, arguably the most important aspect of any product.

The latest ithings are all subjectively ugly compared to their counterparts a few generations ago. This is a pretty important point since Apple is a lifestyle product and a fashion accessory before anything else. I think the fact that they can't design good looking hardware anymore is the biggest red flag

>sleazy
thats just like your opinion man.

Its your money(or in this case Apples)
If you want to give it to charity, its yours do you what you want with it.
If you want to keep it all for yourself, its yours do what you want with it.

>any product.
meant any Apple product

I don't understand how this is the best they can come up with with 2+ years of dev time. Especially with the 6S just being the same design as the 6, seriously how is this the best they have?

-The shitty antenna bands look even worse

-Yet another camera bump (They could have at LEAST figured out how to make it flush with the body)

-Same shitty bezels

-Actually REMOVING the headphone port

I can usually at least understand why people buy Apple products. But this is pathetic. The jump from 5S to 6 was admittedly pretty great, but what exactly is better about this hardware? What makes the 6->7 jump worth it?

just get a 3.5mm->bluetoof transmitter because if you're an iFag you don't care about sound quality anyway

>one usb C port
It would actually be fine if Apple switched to this for the iPhone 7. At least then headphone manufacturers could produce one kind of connector for all phones.

Seriously though, forcing the death of the 3.5 connector is retarded. USB audio already works if people so choose to buy headphones like that, but for the rest of us the should just continue with the 3.5 connector.

True. I do donate to causes that I support. I also volunteer. My house is already paid off, because I do well financially, and my family has food on the table every day. I feel that giving back to the country that has given me a chance to succeed makes absolute sense. Even more, I feel that my donations/volunteering are helping someone else to cross the line from poverty towards success right here in America.

Apple disagrees. They take so much, and give back so very little - an aluminum toy for $900+ that their marketing department calls "innovative". Labeling Apple an American Cancer is an understatement.

But anyway, I'll do me, and I'll let Apple make huge bank without giving back a cent.

Why doesn't Apple upgrade to Lightning 3 with USB Type C?

they did the same thing with the macbook air while he was still alive. Jobs fucking hated wires to the point of OCD. Even internal cables had to be minimal and aesthetically managed. The Macbook is probably the most Jobsian Mac they sell right now, even to the point where it overheated like the original Mac did.

>opinions

Daily reminder that the 3.5mm audio jack is why your phone is so thick.

The new iPhone looks thin, sleek, and sexy.

Enjoy your thick bricks, Andrones.

>not buying 8500 mAh battery replacement for your G4 and making it like a foot thick but solid and nice

To make the camera flush with the body, they'd have had to make the camera sensor much smaller, which would cause an unacceptable reduction in image quality. The larger bump on the 7 might be because they're moving to a 1/1.7" or even 2/3" sensor, which would result in a nice big boost to image quality. A couple of years ago they hired the guy who came up with PureView, so it makes sense that they're going for a larger sensor.

If the 7 manages to have a PureView-tier camera with OIS, I'll happily suffer with iTunes and a 3.5mm adapter for that shit.

That looks like complete shit, what the fuck has been Apple even doing lately?

I'm certain no one cares about thickness anymore.

The iphone 5 was the absolute perfect thickness. I and most people just want more battery life and more RAM.

POO IN LOO

I love Apple products but I have to admit Apple has not done anything worth buying in 2016. Macbook sucks donkey balls. I can't justify no headphone jack this is HUGE MISTAKE by Apple.

Currently on iPhone 6s+ and it seems I won't upgrade this for several years. I can say this will be the iPhone which is going to sell much less than any previous iPhones, there's no reason to upgrade, it is all downhill aesthetically and technically.

Emojis, gay fashion watches and other social justice warrior shit.

>not being able to charge your phone and use a headphone simultaneously
>product is built with a mentality so retarded that having to use adapters or use shitty bluetooth audio solutions in order to make the phone 1mm thinner is acceptable

Maximum damage control

Meant for

I don't know why everyone believes these 'leaks'. There have been nearly 10 already that people say are the real one, and they're all different

If this is the next iPhone, or even if the next iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack, I will switch from my iPhone to my Nexus 6 immediately and post proof.

They're probably Apple PR floating out ideas and gauging reaction.

>I'm certain no one cares about thickness anymore.
Sup Forums isn't the general population. Most people love how the iPhone gets thinner and thinner. The fact that iPhones sell like hotcakes proves my point.

I seriously don't think that Apple would be stupid enough to do away with the headphone jack. Its not a situation like the macbook air doing away with the disk drive, because the pro still had one. Or the new macbook only having a single usb-c port, because the air and the pro still have your usual ports. Doing away with the headphone jack on the iPhone for the sake of "pushing people towards a future of bluetooth headphones" will only alienate the MASSIVE amount of people who have wired headphones. There would be no "well if you want that, just buy this model of phone instead".

Even with apple's desire to keep slimming down the phone, a multi billion dollar company isn't stupid enough to think that people care SO much about slimness that they're willing to go without headphones. Apple can get away with over charging people for some things, but look at how many people you see on the train, or bus, or subway, or whatever with wired headphones (on any phone). People paying a premium because its an iphone is one thing, but I honestly believe that expecting people to carry around a lightening adapter, or just use bluetooth is too much for most people.

I know we're meant to keep the anti-apple circlejerk alive and strong, but I don't believe that a company like apple could ever be that stupid.

>iphone 7 has a headphone jack
>flood of articles sucking apple's dick for keeping the jack
>just as keikaku

>that they're willing to go without headphones.
Let me just stop you right there. Apple is NOT doing away with headphones. They will have two possible ways to use headphones:

- A new Beats headphone that operates wirelessly
- A new adapter that allows you to connect legacy headphones via the Lightning connector

I assure you that the adapter - if you are still using the old style, legacy headphones - will include a very high quality DAC chip. This means that you'll actually be getting HIGHER fidelity audio.

But let me tell you, you do NOT want to be walking around with headphones on which have a cord dangling off of them. Not when the new Beats Audio will receive the audio signal directly from the iPhone - wirelessly!

>not a situation like the macbook air doing away with the disk drive, because the pro still had one

They remove the jack on the 7 because the 6s still has one...

>bigger camera
Finally, I'm sick of tiny sensors
>no 3.5mm port
Again; finally, I'm sick of cables

Thats a different situation, though. Telling people to buy an outdated model looks way worse than telling people to buy a different, but equally up to date model. With the air and pro (and now with the new macbook and their other laptops) they can say "we made sacrifices for the sake of portability" while still having an equally updated model for people who need the shit that they cut.

lul applefags are such poor souls lmao

HTC never owned Beats, they just had an exclusivity deal to use their EQ software and branding on their phones. HP had one as well for laptops, I believe.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beats_Electronics#HTC_purchase_and_non-renewal_of_Monster_contract

>In August 2010, mobile phone manufacturer HTC acquired a 50.1% majority share in Beats for US$309 million.

They actually bought a majority of the shares of Beats for some reason.

If Apple's solution to the no headjack thing isn't amazing, this is a huge fuckup. It no longer 'just werks'

good investment seeing how apple bought it for billions

That's what most people feel like right now, but during their annual presentation, Apple will tell people what to think, and iPhone will sell out once again. Mark my words.

>no longer

Except that they divested in 2013

>literally the Meizu Pro 6
Did we come full circle where Apple is now copying the ones that copied Apple?

youtu.be/cXd155v8Z5U?t=46s

I stand corrected. Apologies.