Whats the point of other web browsers when everything becoming chrome clone nowadays?

Whats the point of other web browsers when everything becoming chrome clone nowadays?

Even Firefox is becoming part of Chrome family, since they are planning to move to chrome extensions.

The botnet is taking over

Is that true? Chrome extensions are horseshit.

What's the point of anime?

It's all just a clone of some other anime with slightly different art styles. Why even watch anime anymore

Explain. They work fine for me.

I want to make out with Saya-chan.

People want to the fight the evil megacorporations but are lazy and unskilled. Rather than guerilla warfare or hacktivism they choose to shill bad internet browsers and buggy router firmware.

THAT'S A REALLY CUTE DRAWING!

Didn't anime die when Lucky Star came out? I've heard that was the last anime ever made.

Chrome exposes very little to the extensions, that's why you can't have something like DtA.

Tell me a single reasonably complex Chrome extension that's better to its counterpart in Firefux.

Sounds better for security.

>security
The fucking extensions already have to be signed and you can always, you know, NOT FUCKING INSTALL SOMETHING YOU DON'T TRUST.

True, but oddly enough you will find a far higher number of malicious Chrome extensions.

>buggy router firmware
Considering most companies have the exact same open source application running under the hood but only release a new firmware once every 1 for the first few years, you're a lot safer with 'buggy' custom firmwares

>Even Firefox is becoming part of Chrome family, since they are planning to move to chrome extensions.
Ugh. What the hell are you saying? Firefox is going to extend extension support to Chrome extensions, not "move" to them. Being ignorant is not an excuse to spread misinformation.

Extensions, be them on Firefox or Chrome, are open source, verified, and you get a fucktons of warnings if you try to install one from an untrusted source. You have no reason to get malware from an extension.

You can't make something normalfag proof.

Might as well just be scared of running any software obtained from the web then. People choose Firefox for customizability among other things.

I don't disagree with you, just saying that they can put as many safeguards they want on it and normies are still going to fuck it up.
It's nearly impossible to get virus nowadays and people still manage to do it somehow.

chrome just feels like a shoe that's almost but not quite the right size, if you know what I mean

but that makes no sense user, mozilla doesn't create or maintain hardly any extensions, so even if they had the how worked out, there would still be the question of why, and depending on the tos for listing your addon on mozillas site it may not even be legal for them to port other peoples extensions. what op said makes more sense than what you're saying

You can't believe what normies can do.

Though at the same time XUL is being dropped and WebExtensions will be the new norm so it's not like we get to keep using the extensions we currently have.

Or just get an ASUS router and put Merlin on it

Best router I've owned, very stable and great feature set

I don't see anything wrong with this. Chrome is open source and works extremely well. It is a great project to emulate.

>wearing size 11 shoes I pirated
>have size 9 feets
>using Chrome after years on Firefox
I know precisely what you mean.

I don't know. To help people migrate from Chrome, probably.They're not gonna port people's extensions, they're gonna make it so the extension infrastructure runs Chrome extensions without issue.

Chrome extensions are very similar to userscripts.

Isn't XUL just one of the languages used for extension development?

Locally, thats true, but because the extensions are limited, it can't add on extra security or features thats needed.

If Chrome was secure by default, if it didn't leak out all that private information like a botnet, this wouldn't be too much of an issue, but thats not the case. It will never be. Browsers will never be 100% secured, extensions allow furthering of those security function the browsers lack. When you shut down the avenue for 3rd party fixes, you're left with an insecure browser rather than a secure browser.

You're still not protected from being too naive to not install a malicious extension. In the meantime, everyone's extensions on the browser are less useful than 10 year old XUL ones for firefox. It's a major step back.

>using chrome
People do this?

Because the only alternative is fucking Internet Explorer

That's why.

Whats the point of chrome when everything is becoming chrome clone nowadays? Any other browser offers everything chrome does but without the botnet.

>security through obscurity

I want you to stay on topic

Cowboy bebop was the last anime.

>toothy girl
Amada thread?

SeaMonkey comfiest browser. Outdated and clunky because of its "suite" but those are part of its charm. Reminds me of using Netscape growing up.