Loud WD hard drive edition

want a second 1070 even though i don't need one

2 bricks are better than 1. Do it!

It's sagging.

Empty = ugly

No money to fill it up

I don't use internal HDDs anymore
But my WD external drive is pretty quiet

I have 2 SSDs that I could place right below the GPU if the fucking power connectors were straight instead of bent downwards. Where can I buy some SATA power cables to replace the ones from my Corsair PSU?

>he doesnt use internal hdds

New build, r8/h8.

Looks good, you only need some white LED's. Also, post specs.

>window
>LEDs
Global rule #2

>getting triggered on a Siamese Cat image board.

I5-6600k @4.5ghz
MSI z170a SLI Plus mobo
Gtx 980(paid $300 canadian)
Kingston hyper x savage 240gb ssd
Mushkin reactor 512 gb ssd
Cosair h100i cpu cooler
Corsair ax860i psu
Nzxt s340 case

Gonna get some white led strips, and another gtx 980 down the road.

Oh, and 16gb g. Skill ram @ 2400mhz

You saving up for that GPU?
>tfw disposable cash will arrive this august
Can't wait to get the 1070.

Looking good for a new one, nice color coordination.

A little cramped, but looking good.

I wont be getting a GPU this year for sure. Maybe next.

Not even a 480? Also EVGA has a sale going right now if you're in the US.

Nope, blown last money on new monitor. Im in Europe though, 8gb version here is around 275 euros.

>has money for a 6th gen i5, but not for dual channel ram
>not 16gb RAM
>mATX in full case
>W10

Honestly, why? GPUs aren't necessary now with the way APUs/Integrated GPUs run so well and efficiently now, and I can deal with the mATX as well - why would you have only 8gb ram though if you're able to fork up the dollarydoos for an i5? Why would you actually use Windows 10, even if it is enterprise?

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE
>YOUR PC MUST CATER TO MY TASTES
Fuck off

There are people with more money than you, who are far older than you, who post here with the brightest fucking LEDs and anime figures plastered all over.

How does it feel knowing you'll never be that successful?

r8/h8?

I left one channel so i can put 8 more gigabytes when i feel so. mAtx because poor. Windows 10 because i wanted to try it after years of using 7.

matx is not for the poor, you go by what size pc you want, i just converted my ATX system into a mini atx because i wanted it to be smaller, there are some fucking really nice matx boards and cases.

Its one of the cleanest /guts/ will ever see.

Well thank you user, you made my day.

Honestly when I see posts like this I just skip them over because they're too nice

Like a guy who drives a BMW or other luxury car to work, you just glance at it and think "well, whatever" because there is really nothing to be said

I love black and purple.
That Gpu.
Uhmm, BeQuiet?
Very nice.
Love the S340.
Not a very good power supply nor Motherboard, but I digress. Good build.
Senpai.
Why the full tower?

And for those of you wondering the cpu cooler is in fact straight the gpu sag is what throws off the angle.

>Why the full tower?
Hard drives.

Currently at ~17TB of HDDs(3x4TB and 1x5TB). I have room for another 2x3.5" and in the 5.25" front bays I can fit a 2x5.25" to 3x3.5" drive bay. As well as having room for another 3x3.5" internally if I buy another drive caddy thing.

So a total of 12 hard drives are possible in this rig. I want this case to last me the next 5-8 years.

Thanks anons.

That's just the sound of speed

is that the be quiet 600 case? i'm thinking of buying the 800 one, looks fucking sexy and it already comes with the 3 silent fans i wanted from them.

950 pro or another 980ti?
cant decide which is a better upgrade

SLI is a joke and the 950 pro will only matter in things that would actually benefit from 2000mb/s over 500mb/s, hint, most games wont be helped by more than 500mb/s that'd you get from most SSDs.

Get a 1080 or a new monitor.

are you high? what retard would go for a 1080 if they already have a 980ti, its at most 15% better in directx12 stuff anyway

kys

srsly tho 950pro is dope

yea no, I dont want a new monitor until this one dies. And like said, why the fuck would I just want to just toss out a prefectly good gpu for a marginally better one?

I also wont get an ssd until the hard drive im using dies.

>950pro is dope
I own one, it is literally barely different from an 850 pro. The only thing you'll notice it better in is if you have two of them and are transferring files between them or if you have stupid fast 10Gbps internet or something and need a disk to keep up with download speed.

or you regularly work with huge RAW files or some shit.

Reposting

Okay then... What m.2 ssd offers best capacity/speed for the best price. probably not the best place to ask but I dont know of many m.2 ssds with super great reviews

The 1TB 850 Evo M.2 drive is like $20 more than the 512GB 950 Pro.

noctua cooler without POO FANS

why? don't you get them free with the cooler or do they jew you out of more money for the brown goodness.

Another day at a slower pace.

>sound dampening foam
Does that actually work or is it just a supreme meme?

I tried it once several years ago and wasn't thrilled.

Just bought a Hyper Evo 212, to replace stock cooler. Did I fuck up?

still no yellow braided cables, why are you not even trying.

no, enjoy your meme cooler. its a good meme.

None of the cables are braided.

Blackout cables 4 lyfe.

plain and purple. very gay
3/10 or 8 / 10 if you gay

very beastly but that sag. i don't think you could easily fit another gainward 1070 in there.
6 / 10 due to massive sag

not a fan of green but it looks good m8
8 / 10

i wanted the evga 1080 ftw but settled with a strix 1080 myself. evga ftw looks really cool. nicely done with the cable management m8. like the white + blue. the brown motherboard is poo brown.
7 / 10 due to (poo)

looks nice. case seems cool. you kept the side panel on? why? makes it hard to view guts
6 / 10

looks nice but like above. the side panel
side panel / 10

very clean but i feel like its missing a gpu
no gpu / 10

love all the nicely shoved beastly parts in a itx build. white & black theme is awesome. excellent build m8
10 / 10

color scheme all over the place. the yellow throws it off but cable management is Nice.
7 / 10

clean and simple m8. love the amd card. little gpu sag though.
7 / 10

cable management done nicely with such limited space. gpu looks like a brick. no fan on the cpu though
7 / 10

nice red & black theme you got going on there m8. i see you embrace the msi dragon. kinda cheesy.
msi / 10

true amd fanboi right here. love the 290x but that 8350 holds it back so much. not a fan of the lime green on the fans. cable management is decent with the tight space.
6 / 10

looks nice m8. very clean and organized. that 2.5in hard drive looks out of place.
8 / 10

i love the sabertooth z170 s white pcb. the red SOUND BLASTER looks out of place with it. one of the cleanest builds in the thread. get some of the black corsair fans with white rings. would blend in nicely.
8 / 10

not a fan of the yellow / gold. like above one of the cleanest builds in the thread. looks nice m8
8 / 10

>my 1080 + parts shipped
>case currently going through switzerland

i've been waiting over a month but now that it's almost here it's truly painful, can't wait to post my new /guts/

>evga ftw looks really cool.
It's amazing, whisper quiet even with the fans at 75%. Oh and it's not only the looks, see pic related

>nicely done with the cable management m8.
thanks, although it could look a bit better with some cable combs. I'll just add them to my next big purchase, the fucking shipping is more expensive than the combs themselves.

>I like the white + blue.
Lmao it's actually just white, LEDs and all. Blame my dogshit-tier phone camera

>the brown motherboard is poo brown.
7 / 10 due to (poo)
Can't argue that, the mobo looks like shit in there but right now I'm out of disposable money so I can't replace it (would need to grab new CPU+RAM as well)

There, with side panel off,theres not much else you can see.

oh btw thats a 1000w psu and its massive, it didnt fit with cables had to remove the hdd bay to fit it in and i managed to put the drive bays back in once i finished it with abit of modding.

You...you actually fell for the sound card meme?

Nice eeee

>recommending internal drives
Nigga please. Use a NAS.

Fast hard drives are an oxymoron. If you want speed, go solid state. Even the hard drive manufacturers know this. That's why WD doesn't make the Velociraptor anymore, and why Seagate's "performance" drives are solid state hybrids.

Yeah, but that's also M.2 SATA, not M.2 PCI-E. The speed isn't even in the same ballpark. You may as well just get the 2.5" version.

>mfw I only got my sound card because Newegg included one in the box by accident

it's been 3 hours why hasnt newegg shipped my 1080

It works but the change isnt that noticable. Either way I thought it was a good investment with some new venturi fans, its really quiet now.

best case for quiet, nice minimalist looks, no window, and good value + compact

fight me

Case now with a custom enamel paint

rev up those ratings boys

>brown MSI mobo
I know this feel. Also you don't know loud HDD until you've had a Caviar Black (aka the coffee grinder).
6/10 at least its tidy

Nice use of space, that fan up top is kinda ruining things though.
7/10

5/10. Would have been 6 but -1 for lime green grommets.

Take a picture with daylight, turn your flash off.
7/10, those corsair fans are nice.

8/10, I'm a sucker for black and red.

2 120 rads... what? I mean, the cable management is decent but wat.
8 minus 2 points for all that wat. 6/10

minus 1 for seagate anything, minus 1 for sticker peeling off PSU, minus 0.5 for bad photo. 7.5/10

everything is crooked in this build, including the GPU. activates my autism.
6/10

more later

just kill

yourself

Just did a build in this, I loved it

Did you use aio or block

Progress on the new build. Getting the second GPU this coming weekend, CPU probably next week. And then it'll be running.

all that custom cooling and you are using a phanteks novent

>1000w
for what purpose?

Still gon'b'gud, m8

Adding a second GPU, and gonna be doing some big over-clocks. PSU calculator said I'll likely pull 700W at full load, if I ever get there. But, really, the price difference from this and an 850 wasn't much, and if Tri-SLI ever becomes supported/relevant again, I'd do three GPU's instead of just two.

That's my point though, you''ll never notice the extra speed of the 950 pro unless you actually regularly do something that can utilize more than 500Mb/s read/write speeds that you'd get from a normal SSD.

Unless you have 2gbps+ internet, huge RAW 4k+ files, or similar tasks that you do regularly, you simply wont notice a difference between an 850 and a 950 pro. Sorry it isn't fast enough for you, but if you're a gamer or average user, it wont matter at all for you, get the larger one.

Minus 1 for mITX in a case that should never have been made for mITX (it's mATX masquerading as mITX), minus 1 for shit RAM speeds, minus 0.5 for budget SSD, minus 0.5 for overkill non-modular PSU (100w GPU + 91w CPU + ~50-100w for everything else = at MOST, 300w power draw, so you have enough power for 2 of your systems running at 100% load at the same time) and another minus 1 for being a retarded and taking off a point on mine for the PSU sticker.(how am I supposed to magically fix it? Its the humidity where I live, nothing I can do but remove it all together)
6/10

dem trips

Also, do you have any idea how long it took me to stuff all those cables in from the TX650? You're right though. Even when I upgrade my GPU, it'll only be about a 400 W system at 100%. I will eventually upgrade the PSU.

I love the case though. I'm still right about your sticker ayy lmao

>I'm still right about your sticker ayy lmao
Then suggest ways to "fix" it.
Besides removing it all together.

Most glues loosen up as temps rise and that PSU will happily sit at 35-45c. So i've not bothered to try gluing it especially as it's still attached besides the corner.

I have a 2tb wd black and it was petty damn loud, and was so very often, until about 2 months after install when it would momentarily makes some noise when I launched a game or say launch a torrent client. Pretty damn quiet otherwise nowadays.

What rads mein nigger?

Sorry, was out.

The top is an EK SE 360 and the front is an EK PE 360

Nice, I have the same case on order and picked up an msi sea hawk ek but I was trying to figure out what rads considering the spacing. You think I could go with thicker rads?

>Good just change that out of place PSU

Uhh. Well, I had to "cheat" to even get two 360's to fit. I mounted the top radiator loosely to the bracket that removes from the case, so it could slide. I put the bracket into the case with the top rad,and slide it as far back as it would go (farther than normal if you don't do it this way.) Took the top panel off, THEN secured the top rad screws. And even still, to be able to fit the front radiator in I had to remove two of the fans off the top rad. So, I'd say no if you plan on doing two 360's. But, you could learn from me and save yourself a LOT of headache by doing whatever size thickness top 360mm radiator you want and whatever thickness front 280mm.

>Pic related, notice how rad is behind case side-wall for the glass.

Just replaced the plastic garbage window with glass

Thanks m8
I was thinking of picking update up the X360 Ek kit, a CE280, and some hard tubing and fittings. You think that should cover my bases?

Found out I am eligible for more unemployment benefits today, might grab some Corsair ML fans later this week, not sure if I wanna get some white led or non led black.

I just switched out my CPU+Motherboard for new ones, anything to look out for? Are there driver conflicts or anything to be wary of? Please send help.

You nigger shouldn't be buying computer parts when you're on unemployment

I'm relatively poor, does Sup Forums see anything glaringly wrong with my rig? Thinking of upgrading to a 1060 as soon as I can.

I don't really much in the way of bills since I moved back into my parent's, and I am trying to find but the economy is shit right no in Alberta and i would like to stick to my field of work.

Save a bit and get a RX 480/GTX 1060