Speakers

What are decent speakers for a desktop that don't cost fucking loads, preferably ones that deliver decent bass without a subwoofer (Or at least has a small one)?

I got z200 recently and I'm not convinced these are going to do the job.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00LMF41IY/
amazon.com/dp/B00F0H8TOC/
soundonsound.com/techniques/room-improvement
youtube.com/watch?v=-erq5VOw4-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anyone?

Not enough ? I find it enough because my ears arent golden to be able need anything higher than that for now. A better sound chipset is more important. Used to be using my old x430 as a decent 5.1.

Z200 have a pretty good bass and trabble by default.

Typo, x540 ? I cant remember, its at my other house now.

I had Creative t10s before that decided to swap out for, due to the volume knob strangely causing one of the speakers to cut out unless it was turned the right way.

Any more thoughts?

need to know this too. The cheapest /r/audiophile recommendation is an 80$ amplifier and 90$ Micca MB42X. I could go for this but maybe it's just a meme. Maybe just some logitech are enough.

Take a look at the Edifier R1280T. I was looking for a set of speakers a month ago and these seemed one of the best for the price point. Personally, I'm rather fond of the design, too.

I'm comparing the sound to a hyperx headset.

Naturally the headset is balls to the walls better, but I'm not sure if the z200 is enough for desktop or if I should go for a t20.

What desktop speakers does user use?

>logitech
fuck no

I have those exact speakers and i don't find them that bad at all.

How good are the Creative T20s?

amazon.com/dp/B00LMF41IY/
amazon.com/dp/B00F0H8TOC/

>babby's first speakers

lepai lp-2020a+ (if in Uk get wharfedale 9.0 speakers, in US get those Dayton ones)

Those things look pretty beefy. Just need something for either side of my monitor.

So, is this anything better than these for the same price?

>t20s have a retarded power saving mode

fuck that noise.

Get the 8's. I have them, they're great. Great bang for buck tbqh

Too expensive

Yamaha HS5
Tannoy Reveal 502 and basically any other 5" monitor is better than those.
> gentle reminder that putting speakers into an untreated room is basically a waste of money

The LSR series is meant to work better than the HS8's and 502's in untreated rooms, though I do agree if your room isn't treated or ideal, then you're wasting your money either way.

How do you treat a room?

Auralex foam/acoustic foam, proper positioning of the speakers and mix position.

soundonsound.com/techniques/room-improvement

As long as your room isn't terribly reverberant, it should be easy enough to treat it. If you have furniture in the room it can help as well.

i really just wnat to listen to music/movies/games, not produce any

Sound is sound, production or not, if you want the best out of your speakers, you should treat your room. There are extreme examples where critical listening is key and people spend shit tonnes of money redesigning their rooms from inside out. You definitely wouldn't need to do that but it wouldn't hurt to invest in some room treatment.

maybe he doesn't need overpriced audioautist speakers you know?

Adding foam seems quite exagerated. I'm not looking into making my room a studio. Proper positioning of the speakers is trivial though

They're pretty damn good for the price.

Dedicated twitter mids and sub for each speaker.
Sound is decent.

FUCKING LOL

rate my new power amp
straight from the dump

What the fuck do you need more than 50W for?

pretty good fampaitachi

>decent bass without a subwoofer

lololololololol

bass != subbass although part of it, you can have DECENT bass without too much subbass in which case you'd have good bass

I'm using the ones in your picture, they work perfectly fine and get very loud.

I have these and enjoy them

If he's using relatively low quality speakers, treating the room won't make much of a difference.

/g confirmed for worst audio advice

are you from pakistan or ukraine or some shit

fuck off

yeah, my s5 speaker has good bass

btw kill yourself

what the fuck are you so mad about?

What is/are the worst pc part manufacturer/s?

unless you're using speakers that are somewhat physically large, you're not actually getting any good bass to speak of, so other user is correct

you won't understand what's missing until you actually have better speakers or a subwoofer

"Creative GigaWorks T20 Speakers"

I have these fuckers on my desk at home, fed by the line out of a fiio e10 dac. Bassy but not nigger beetz shit.

because you hear a thump from your speakers, doesnt mean its good bass

I too have these would recommend

do you wish you had of spent the extra 50 shekels on the t40?

cheap trash
not true untill you get to the high end price point

All of them.

that isnt real bass

youtube.com/watch?v=-erq5VOw4-s

no highs, no lows

nah.

>"real bass"

fuck off jamal. Some people listen to music that consists of more than just a beat.

Fluance Sx6's are pretty good. I tried the Micca MB42X's and they just sounded awful compared.

Creative t12

it just werks

the sub cant reach frequency required

Nah it's true man. Even a small monitor needs a certain room to work well. Sure, investing too much money into room treatment for a cheap monitor isn't worthy, but at least the room must be big enough to not produce echoes and reverberations, not to say that the room must have a regular shape. It's also pretty laughable that people buy monitor speakers without caring too much about their positioning.

i would say a small room would be the downfall you have a large space room treatment for small monitors arnt nessesary i also agree about the monitor placement there are super retards on Sup Forums

I never said it was good bass